JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Personally, I don't see what about this situation justified the introduction of a firearm. So much stupidity displayed by everyone invoilved. Meanwhile, a young boy is left without a father. Symptomatic of a very sick society on so many levels. Unfortunately, the case will be made that it is about guns somehow, and if you ask me, in spite of the slant taken in the 2nd article, has nothing to do with the Rittenhouse verdict.

Not the first video of someone challenging an idiot that pulled a gun. that one where dude shot his neighbor couple in the street with a pistol then came back out and finished them both off with an AR was pretty disturbing. It's on bubblegumute but I recommend against watching it, not edited at all.

All because of a pissing match.

Play stupid games...

!00 % murder, no 'castle doctrine' about it however sadly, the father made some obvious, very serious mistakes.

As a divorcee, I have some experience with 'custody' issues and specifically one with my X wife's' husband. Well guess what ? I handled it rationally, legally and NON-violently and the result? My daughter came to live with me at 8 years of age (her choice and decision - (nothing decided 'legally' - in the formal sense but it was a unique situation)

The key is 'Diplomacy' and in my case I consider myself pretty good at it - and most people I know would agree.

In any legal situation the person (even a key figure who might not be the most popular) who remains calm and rational, and exhibits the most 'diplomacy' has a FAR better chance of prevailing than one who resorts to any irrationality, violence, screaming etc. In MY case it was my 'diplomacy' that put me in the positive 'light' - and I believe my daughter saw it as well (even at her young age) and I believe was an influencing factor in her decision.

Last Edited:
The courts will settle this, opinions now don't have all the facts. It not having anything involving race hatred for the media to run on then I doubt we will ever hear more on this case.

The courts will settle this, opinions now don't have all the facts.
I think the 'facts' are pretty clear - Fired up father in a 'chest butt' with a boyfriend was HIS mistake.

Boyfriend however made the BIGGER mistake by intervening in a child custody issue and this will most likely be his undoing in this. Bottom line - If you ain't family stay out of it.

The mother, most likely, is not without culpability as well.

If I had to give an opinion the boyfriend escalated the situation and the father reacted in what could be considered a common and emotionally influenced manner when a child is involved.

Bottom line is if you have never been PERSONALLY involved with child custody then 'tread lightly'.

AND if you so desire watch the complete video where it shows the father face down on the ground and the BF completely emotionless standing there acting very 'callous' about what he just did.

Last Edited:
I think the 'facts' are pretty clear - Fired up father in a 'chest butt' with a boyfriend was HIS mistake.

Boyfriend however made the BIGGER mistake by intervening in a child custody issue and this will most likely be his undoing in this. Bottom line - If you ain't family stay out of it.

The mother, most likely, is not without culpability as well.

If I had to give an opinion the boyfriend escalated the situation and the father reacted in what could be considered a common and emotionally influenced manner when a child is involved.

Bottom line is if you have never been PERSONALLY involved with child custody then 'tread lightly'.

AND if you so desire watch the complete video where it shows the father face down on the ground and the BF completely emotionless standing there acting very 'callous' about what he just did.
Well, maybe if we had all the facts that lead up to the killing then a jury might see it differently. A lot of info can be brought forward about either sides behavior before the shooting.

Did the smaller man buy a gun in fear of the bigger man?

Was the bigger man aggressive before this day and make threats.

Was the smaller man honestly in fear for his life?

The jury will decide and I have no opinion on his guilt or innocence.

Answer: Maybe. But there has to be a threat of death or bodily harm to use deadly force….. you can't shoot someone out of your own fear.

Answer: No (you can't shoot someone over verbal threats).

Answer: No. At the time of the shooting the man had not threatened with a weapon or laid a hand on the individual.

Objective lense. Not a subjective one.

911 had been called! For the sake of testosterone overdose and impatience (plus little guy's chest could only bump thre big guy's gut), it broke bad. No justification whatsoever - especially after disabling the guy by shooting him in the foot.

Voluntary homicide.

Answer: Maybe. But there has to be a threat of death or bodily harm to use deadly force….. you can't shoot someone out of your own fear.

Answer: No (you can't shoot someone over verbal threats).

Answer: No. At the time of the shooting the man had not threatened with a weapon or laid a hand on the individual.

Objective lense. Not a subjective one.
Did you watch Kyle answer those questions when he shot unarmed men? The jury decided Kyle rightly feared death from the child molester.

Lessons from the video:
  1. Don't bring belly-fat to a gun fight.
  2. Just like being the faster of two people outrunning a bear, don't be the dumber one in an argument.
  3. When a man says, "get off of my property," take it seriously.
  4. If you have the time to go into the house to get your gun and come back, your life is not, and was never in danger.
Surprised the homeowner hasn't yet been charged with murder.

Did you watch Kyle answer those questions when he shot unarmed men? The jury decided Kyle rightly feared death from the child molester.
Who was unarmed? You mean the child molester who had told Rittenhouse that he was going to kill him and then tried to take his rifle…. With the intent of killing him. That doesn't compare to this from what I can see.

Lessons from the video:
  1. Don't bring belly-fat to a gun fight.
  2. Just like being the faster of two people outrunning a bear, don't be the dumber one in an argument.
  3. When a man says, "get off of my property," take it seriously.
  4. If you have the time to go into the house to get your gun and come back, your life is not, and was never in danger.
Surprised the homeowner hasn't yet been charged with murder.
Home owner has connections to politicians in the state from what I have read.

Yet another sad case of adults who can not control themselves. Child custody fights can turn ugly fast, just like domestics. Hard to say who showed more stupidity, the shooter or the one shot. The one shot kept threatening to go to court as it looks like they were not following the court ordered arrangement. Now of course the "right way" to handle this? One shot should have showed up with body cam and acted like an adult. Then go before a black robe and give his case. Even if he had not been shot and he went to court many black robes would have watched how he acted and wondered if he should helped.
The shooter introduced a gun when it sure looked to me like there was not yet any real threat. The person he shot was making threats to take him to court to fight it legally. Shooter could have called 911, had other half go back in the home and shut the door and wait for Police. Now if other guy forced his way into the home? Whole different story. Even if the shooter wins and does not get charged or convicted he has to live with this the rest of his life. What chance has he got trying to be a parent to those kids after he just killed their Father in front of them?

A jury will decide and they will have much more info.
And I'll put money on it that he goes to jail. But he's in Texas so I may be wrong. Either way I respect what the jury decides. And you may be right. There may be other facts that are unknown at this time. I am simply judging the scenario by what I personally witnessed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top