JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Some cherry picked laws people might be interested in:

Use of deadly force in defense of a person:

Limitations of the above (can't prime the pump):

Use of physical force generally:

Physical force (not deadly) in defense of property:

Definitions of deadly physical force and other important terms:

All the laws in this chapter:

An article from Romano law on use of deadly force FWIW:

Yeabut, whuddabout if I'm offended at fake dollar billz in a McDonald's parking lot in the dark after a sketchy internet deal?

Yeabut, whuddabout if I'm offended at fake dollar billz in a McDonald's parking lot in the dark after a sketchy internet deal?
This:
58ECF833-68DB-43E3-A341-8A1A97195B20.jpeg
Not this:
1385BEA9-8878-48CF-99FD-4A30C8CD0F46.jpeg
:p

I remember one time years ago in Pdx I was going to meet a woman selling her car. I talked to her on phone and set up time and place during day in public place. On the way i get a call from a man and it turned into "my girl can't make it so let's meet at such and such", a different location. I had never talked to that guy before. Sounded odd. Then second time I got a call and location changed again, and I remember thinking normally I would turn back at this point but ok I'll give it one more chance. but spidey sense already going nuts. Then when I get to this new location the guy I was talking to on the phone was already there in a different car. He had said previously that he was driving the car I was interested in and made no mention of any of his friends being there. I parked pretty far away (maybe 30-40 yards) so he had to walk to me. And then his friend pulls up in the car I was wanting to look at parking next to his friend's car. There may have been others in one of the two cars also I can't recall. The guy got like three words out of his mouth after I rolled down my window and I said "thx for your time, I'll pass". "Why U trippin'! Why U trippin man!" Was the response.

Shady deals scream out at you and no reason for them imo when in almost all cases you can weed them out ahead of time by talking to seller or getting more info via emails. Speaking of local in person deals only. In this case original lady seemed fine but then it got shady on the way. Walk away from shady deals, always other deals to be made, is my thinking.

Last Edited:
I remember one time years ago in Pdx I was going to meet a woman selling her car. I talked to her on phone and set up time and place during day in public place. On the way i get a call from a man and it turned into "my girl can't make it so let's meet at such and such", a different location. I had never talked to that guy before. Sounded odd. Then second time I got a call and location changed again, and I remember thinking normally I would turn back at this point but ok I'll give it one more chance. but spidey sense already going nuts. Then when I get to this new location the guy I was talking to on the phone was already there in a different car. I parked pretty far away (maybe 30-40 yards) so he had to walk to me. And then his friend pulls up in the car I was wanting to look at parking next to his friend's car. There may have been others in one of the two cars also I can't recall. The guy got like three words out of his mouth after I rolled down my window and I said "thx for your time, I'll pass". "Why U trippin'! Why U trippin man!" Was the response.

Shady deals scream out at you and no reason for them imo when in almost all cases you can weed them out ahead of time by talking to seller or getting more info via emails. Speaking of local in person deals only. In this case original lady seemed fine but then it got shady on the way. Walk away from shady deals, always other deals to be made, is my thinking.
To be fair, the VAST majority of deals I make involve brick and mortar stores. If I'm selling I tend to take a small loss and I'm ok with that because I don't have to deal with tire kickers and flakes. Deal is done, I have my cash. I also typically buy new from the same physical locations so I know I'm not buying hot items off sketchy people. And when I do make deals with private individuals, I tend to like setting up time in daylight infront of gun stores. Helps weed out sketchy people again. I'd rather spend more dollars/ get less dollars and spend less time chasing them then deal with the general public.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top