JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking from experience :
Escalation can go from all is well to Oh Sh!t , in the blink of an eye.

Avoidance and situational awareness are key...as well as this old quote :
"Remember though , your best weapon is between your ears and under your scalp -provided it's loaded."

Also worth considering is that when in a stressful situation , you may see and hear things that you expect ...
As opposed to what is actually there or going on.
Andy

Well, we're gonna find out.
Me personally, I wouldn't scream at, goad, chest bump and then lay hands on someone with a shotgun, especially after they told me to leave their property.

Yea….. not justified at all. He brought a gun to a fight where things weren't physical at all. Try being the "tough" guy and now he will sit in jail (not everyone is intimidated by firearms). The woman and the man in the dark shirt should have walked inside and distanced themself. Wait for LE. Separate yourself from the situation. Now if he starts breaking windows and entering your house with the intention of doing harm to you then the game has changed. Just cause you interject a weapon cause you don't have the capability or the mental ability of verbal judo/deescalation doesn't validate self defense. Guys an idiot and is manipulated by emotion.

Last Edited:
The heck was he doing shooting at the guy's foot first? The shooter got real, real lucky the bigger guy didn't get the upper hand after that.

Hummmm......
The Judge might have/could have......
Ordered that the child exchange, take place in a more controlled environment.

Rrrrright.....the Judge should have foreseen the violence. Maybe a lawsuit against the Court/Judge is in order?

Good luck with that one.

So.....how about?

Doing the exchange at the Police Station. Also then, it will make it easier to make complaints about the little things.

"He is 5 mins late. I want to file a complaint and/or to have it recorded."

OR....

Why not do the exchange on the Court House Steps? LOL.....plenty of lawyers are willing to hand out their business cards there.

LOL. WAIT, Wait, wait.......
No_Time_Fo_Dat.jpg

Rrrrright.....
wwf2ag.jpg

So anyway....
With DEFUND the POLICE. And NOT wanting to have disputes on the Court House steps......

Well, perhaps....the exchange could be at the Social Worker's Office?

Rrrrright......
Do-it-for-the-kids.jpg

Aloha, Mark

So anyway, that kid is gonna grow up without a father or a step father and probably be a troubled person. The cycle continues

Didn't watch to the end but they let that man lay there a while.

I don't believe in calling the police for everything. Most things. Especially when family is involved. Not sure what was important enough to die for.

The big talk has been youth throwing their lives away due to violence. I'm more worried about old people. Suffered and saved to get a few years of ME time, just to get trigger happy and lose it all. There's losing and then there's losing.

The thought process of using a gun to "scare" someone else is understandable, but not realistic.

Going into the residence and returning with a firearm is probably the key moment that will get shooter convicted .

The man who was shot never seemed to pose a significant threat to anyone.

Yeah, castle doctrine might have some merit here, but not enough to absolve the shooter of all responsibilities.

I'm always amazed when people will continue to challenge a dude holding a gun. Reminds me a bit of that couple that were killed earlier this year when they got into a beef with the neighbor across the street over snow removal. :rolleyes:

The thought process of using a gun to "scare" someone else is understandable, but not realistic.

Going into the residence and returning with a firearm is probably the key moment that will get shooter convicted .

The man who was shot never seemed to pose a significant threat to anyone.

Yeah, castle doctrine might have some merit here, but not enough to absolve the shooter of all responsibilities.
Correct. Leaving the altercation and coming back with a weapon shows intent. Lose, lose situation here. Simply because a male "adult" couldn't get his emotions in check. That child is gunna grow up without a dad and a step father. Good job.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top