JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got a Surefire X300U-A on my 92A1. It'll completely light up the other end of my warehouse 60 yards away. I feel like 500-600 lumens is pretty standard right now until they figure out how to cram 1k lumens into a small package. I think someone has a 800 lumen option for handguns but I like the spill and the hot spot of the Surefire lights. I've got a P3X Fury on my AR.

Don't use em cuz I don't want to muzzle sweep everything I look at:rolleyes:.

Sorry I'm not much help there...
I carry a handheld too but if I have my gun out of the holster I would rather have two hands firmly on the gun. There are two techniques with a WML or handheld where you can either aim the light towards the ceiling (Umbrella Lighting) or the floor (Baseboard Lighting) and use the spill from the light and the reflection off of the surfaces to search.

This is a good video about it and there are a ton of other videos from Aaron Cowan and other people on YouTube.

His new video on this topic from 2 weeks ago:

I'm ambidextrous so I either teacup with two hands or shoot single handed, 9mm or .45acp, I'm about equally accurate with either hand so it's a mute issue for me; I've also been shooting since was 4 so most of it comes naturally so I don't really have to think about where the muzzle is pointed, I just know like with many other tools I've used forever.

Gotta thank my moms dad for great genes - course he drank himself to death so he passed that on as well; thus my abstaining from alcohol completely. I digress.

If you hold the gun in one hand and the flashlight in the other, imo, you should be able to put shots on target with little difficulty in a house - unless you own a 7,000+ mansion;)

Oh, and a 4x D battery MagLight is a hell of a club if need be:rolleyes:

I have a Streamlight TLR-3 and a Surefire XC1. I also have a couple of Strion HL handhelds and a Protac USB. If I need light and a gun, it means someone is in my house and I don't mind muzzle sweeping to find/clear a threat to my family. A weapon mounted light means I have one less thing to think about if my front door gets kicked in or a window smashed.

I carry a small AA flashlight in my pocket on a pocket clip. Bright enough to look for things in a dark room. If I had to, I could use the syringe method while holding my gun. I had a light on my gun but didn't like it, especially fiddling with my finger just outside the trigger guard to turn it on/off.

I have noticed seeing more and more LEOs carrying weapon mounted lights in the last couple years.

For good reason. The WML allows you to shoot two handed which is far safer as far as weapon retention is concerned. Two handed makes up the vast majority of our training as well. No one shoots faster or more accurately one handed.

Having a WML doesnt mean you dont have handheld flashlights. I carry two handhelds myself. What it does is allow you to ditch a handheld and not be blind. Storing a handheld to find a magazine to reload isn't always practical either.

I use a streamlight TLR1S and TLR1HL. The TLR1S is 300 and something lumens. I use it on my house gun. The beam has less splash to it and its plenty bright indoors. The TLR1HL is 800 something lumens and lives on my carry gun. I would be just as likely to use it outdoors as indoors and gives me a bright and focused beam that projects further ahead. They can be activated ambidextrous. They run from $125 to $150 or so.

287145-ef37ce5c7707b0c1de345facf2c8827d.jpg

I own a Surefire X200A that I had on my EDC 1911 for a few years until I bought a X300, now I have the newest X300U-A with a crazy 600 lumen beam. I enjoy Surefire products because they have been proven to withstand hard use and are easy to take care of. Only downside is their power source, I have used other high quality 123A batteries but the Surefire brand always seems to last longer.

That being said I also own a Glock 19 with an XC1 and that is the business, single AAA battery and yeah the activation on it, is quite lame but the light itself is beyond great.

<broken link removed>

The x300U-b is the best of the best for design change. The rails are not plastic.
The updated XC1 should be making it's way soon. I'm waiting. Not for the updated model, for Olight to release what was prototyped at SHOT 2017

Last Edited:
Canik TP9SF w/TLR HL on it. VERY NICE SHOOTER, at a decent price. Fellow member has one up for sale now (w/o a light).

05933F66-E9B8-46D7-8FA3-841D99048F54_zpsemdypz3w.jpg

Have drilled with it after dark at the range a good bit, does as well with the extra weight from the light on it, as without.

I have the streamlight TLR1HL on my G34 bedroom pistol. It is bright!
Some say too bright but I like lighting up the house if needed at night and making it as blindingly bright on the opposite end as possible.

I can see the advatages of having both a WML and a handheld if on duty.
Not like you can pull your pistol shining a light around when your looking for a child or something.

I'm old school. No, really! LOL. I use a hand held. Just works better for me. Gotta go with what works. I personally never liked a light on a civilian weapon. Makes a big visible target in my experience. My .02 worth.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top