JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't fall into the will survive armagedon trap when you start shopping for a 308 can. 98% of us can't take advantage of a can that is full auto rated. Even if you like to mag dump, most cans will be just fine if your reasonable. Then you will hear those folks who talk about baffle erosion in lesser materials like stainless or titanium and again, that is the least of most of our worries as the ammount of ammo it would take to see those problems is thousands of dollars in ammo and well outweighs the cost of the can. In other words, you had a hell of a lot of fun over the life of the can to wear it out and on top of that, most manufacturers will warrant your can and replace the baffles.

Having put a can on a POF Revolution in 308, I strongly advise to not go down the path I did of turning a nice, light AR in 308 into a heavy pig with a heavy suppressor. I chose a Sandman S which is a great can but HEAVY and the mounting system is HEAVY and adds unnecessary length. I basically put 2lbs hanging off the end of a 7lb rifle which combined with optic has it over 11lbs now which was not what I wanted. So I am in the process of redoing the build and going to go with a different can. I will cut a couple inches of length and around a pound off the current setup and that combined with a new optic setup should get it down to a nice light 9lbs ready to rock and roll.

Not sure what 308 cans you are looking at but strongly recommend looking at the following cans:
  • Dead Air Nomad line (I am leaning towards the Nomad Ti for my AR 308)
  • Thunderbeast (Dominus, Ultra)
  • Rex MG7 308
  • Energetic Arms Vox S or Lux
  • Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen S
  • KGM R30
Then use a light and short mounting system like the Plan B system (though I recommend using the Rearden products over Q)
I haven't really put any thought into it. I bought it after the recent shootings, because I might want one later. I'm a little torn, I know that the AR10 no isn't the most accurate platform, so a Krieger barrel may be way overkill at 20". I'm otherwise thinking of maintaining the WC and going with an 18".

I haven't really put any thought into it. I bought it after the recent shootings, because I might want one later. I'm a little torn, I know that the AR10 no isn't the most accurate platform, so a Krieger barrel may be way overkill at 20". I'm otherwise thinking of maintaining the WC and going with an 18".
I think you will be pleasantly surprised with accuracy using quality ammo like 308 match from Federal/S&B/Norma. Mine runs sub 1" easily.

Just passed 150 days on the ATF's "Eform4 will only be 90 days" 😂 .....guess no news is good news but my dreams of quick turn around have been crushed and I still haven't even got news of my bogo suppressor shipping yet from silencerco 😔.

To me the big issue here for OR residents is what if IP17/IP18 passes in November? If your pickup date is after that takes effect you would have ATF approval but would have to follow all the IP17/18 rules before buying. And there would all of a sudden be a giant backlog of a new program, background checks, paperwork, and probably not enough funding for agencies to do it.

From MSN:

How the permit process would work

The permit agent for a permit-to-purchase would be the police chief or county sheriff or their designee. Grounds for granting a permit would include ensuring an individual is not a threat to themselves or others, is not barred from owning a firearm, and that they have completed a firearm safety course which includes live fire and classroom training. A fee of no more than $65 also would be required.

The applicant would have to submit to fingerprinting and photographing by the permit agent, who would then request Oregon State Police conduct a background check on the applicant.

If it was determined an individual who is barred from owning a firearm applied for a permit, that information would be required to be shared with relevant authorities. Permit denials would be subject to appeal. If the applicant was qualified to own a firearm, the permit would be issued within 30 days.

Permits would be valid for five years and there would be no limit to the number of firearms an individual could purchase while the permit was valid. Permits could be renewed without the need for repeated fingerprinting or completion of a firearms safety course.

ATF is currently working on June 2021 paper submissions. I hate to say it but I'm not giving up a shred of sympathy for anybody that jumped 90 day E-file fantasy bus. 🤣

To me the big issue here for OR residents is what if IP17/IP18 passes in November? If your pickup date is after that takes effect you would have ATF approval but would have to follow all the IP17/18 rules before buying. And there would all of a sudden be a giant backlog of a new program, background checks, paperwork, and probably not enough funding for agencies to do it.

From MSN:

How the permit process would work

The permit agent for a permit-to-purchase would be the police chief or county sheriff or their designee. Grounds for granting a permit would include ensuring an individual is not a threat to themselves or others, is not barred from owning a firearm, and that they have completed a firearm safety course which includes live fire and classroom training. A fee of no more than $65 also would be required.

The applicant would have to submit to fingerprinting and photographing by the permit agent, who would then request Oregon State Police conduct a background check on the applicant.

If it was determined an individual who is barred from owning a firearm applied for a permit, that information would be required to be shared with relevant authorities. Permit denials would be subject to appeal. If the applicant was qualified to own a firearm, the permit would be issued within 30 days.

Permits would be valid for five years and there would be no limit to the number of firearms an individual could purchase while the permit was valid. Permits could be renewed without the need for repeated fingerprinting or completion of a firearms safety course.
Problen with your logic is that the suppressor is already purchased/paid for and you are only waiting on your federal background check.

Sounds like registration to me. And then they'll LET YOU buy a gun! And you can keep buying guns but they will be listing them as you do.....because you need their permit to buy. Should end up being unconstitutional in the end.

You can still buy ammo though, correct (w/o the card?)

My Octane 9 SiCo BOGO promo

Signed 2/11/2022
Arrived at Capitol Armory for pickup 7/13/2022

152 days of govt efficiency (but still better than 10 months!)
I just checked the NFA tracker the other day, and it looks like the average is up to 150 days. Up 30 days from a month previous.

I just checked the NFA tracker the other day, and it looks like the average is up to 150 days. Up 30 days from a month previous.
I have several 'in waiting' but I am sure that they are in a steep learning curve caused when everyone weny "OH BOY" and filed a bunch of eForms. Once they get through all of the paper forms they currently have those numbers should drop.

Of course, if the ATF gets their regulations annuled I'll pick the others up next Wednesday!

Problen with your logic is that the suppressor is already purchased/paid for and you are only waiting on your federal background check.
I could have sworn that the last suppressor I bought (Oregon) I had to do a 4473 purchase just like a regular firearm. Maybe I am not remembering correctly?

I could have sworn that the last suppressor I bought (Oregon) I had to do a 4473 purchase just like a regular firearm. Maybe I am not remembering correctly?
Yes. Up until you pick it up, legally it belongs to your chosen FFL (because they had to do a Form 3 w/ the maker).
Once the stamp arrives at the FFL from the ATF, the FFL has permission to transfer it to you. That is when you fill out the 4473 at your FFL so that they can transfer it to you.

Yes. Up until you pick it up, legally it belongs to your chosen FFL (because they had to do a Form 3 w/ the maker).
Once the stamp arrives at the FFL from the ATF, the FFL has permission to transfer it to you. That is when you fill out the 4473 at your FFL so that they can transfer it to you.
Ahh so I'm not crazy, ha ha! It seems to me I could order a suppressor today, or even last year, and by the time the atf approval comes in IP17 may be in place, which means all that extra stuff (including live in person training, extra permits, etc) would have to be done before you could take possession☹️

I'm trying to get all my purchases out of the way so I won't have to deal with that IP17 crap if it passes. But this has me thinking to not buy another suppressor until I move out of state.

Ahh so I'm not crazy, ha ha! It seems to me I could order a suppressor today, or even last year, and by the time the atf approval comes in IP17 may be in place, which means all that extra stuff (including live in person training, extra permits, etc) would have to be done before you could take possession☹️

I'm trying to get all my purchases out of the way so I won't have to deal with that IP17 crap if it passes. But this has me thinking to not buy another suppressor until I move out of state.
Texas has a couple of acres that aren't filled yet. Better hurry

Just passed 150 days on the ATF's "Eform4 will only be 90 days" 😂 .....guess no news is good news but my dreams of quick turn around have been crushed and I still haven't even got news of my bogo suppressor shipping yet from silencerco 😔.
Got the approval yesterday afternoon at 158 days on my SilencerCo Omega 36M. Hopefully once my BOGO Octane 45 ships and I do the Efile for it the time gets cut in half, if not who cares.

Anyway everyone can get back to high jacking this thread with IP17 and Other non topic discussions.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews