JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From my local silencer shop dealer,

RUGGED, OBSIDIAN 9 cashed 2-2-2022, E-file with trust

Approved 6-3-2022 and picked up 6-3-22 and first rounds threw it on 6-3-2022 of course!

This I can live with but still have 3 in jail from 11-2021 that I might get in January of 2023 from what I here, all three paper file with trust.

About a month in on an e-form 4 wait for my Sandman-S... 35033870-70F8-40D6-A0F3-AB78BC81B46D.jpeg

Typical Gubbermint efficiency. I've never figured out why they take so long. Some of us have multiple cans and/or SBRs, and yet every freakin' time they start all over again! They have enough time to waste investigating people that don't need investigating, and ignore the ones that really do need it. 2- paper form 4s and 3 eforms waiting for a new home and something to do! Sigh

mid March 2021 - June 2022, returned. undetermined. Gotta resubmit bubblegum! FUBAR!
resubmitting eform for the same "can" that was "returned w/o action"?! No duh brah!!!, "no action", WTH!!!
How does the ATF get away with "no action"? Because there is no consequences, just like todays Wuhan generation,
I regun! My FFL handling papers for me, hasn't received my $200 refund yet either. Brandon probably needs to get some more funny money printed.

So I resubmitted today, of course, I had to AND purchase another "can" to accompany the other. I'm anxious to see what happens to another purchase I made 13 months ago. I think I'll receive it & maybe 15 months from now I'll get my other two.

Now , for chuckles, I'm laying down odds for myself of which of the two, that went out today, I get first.
I may be purchasing another. I

Ouch! I sat on my can, not my suppresser, cause I don't have one to sit on & felt the stick of failed guberment.

O happy almost a new day.

It's my first suppressor! The steel hits and the supersonic crack was louder than the ignition.
Oh man, you just opened pandoras box! You have to get yourself some subsonic 22lr. If you have a hard time finding any at a reasonable price, give me a PM and I can point you in the right direction for a couple options on sources.

Oh man, you just opened pandoras box! You have to get yourself some subsonic 22lr. If you have a hard time finding any at a reasonable price, give me a PM and I can point you in the right direction for a couple options on sources.
I totally opened Pandora's box, I'm two months into an obsidian 45. I just bought a Wilson Combat AR10 upper and lower, I'm thinking it will need a 308 can.

I totally opened Pandora's box, I'm two months into an obsidian 45. I just bought a Wilson Combat AR10 upper and lower, I'm thinking it will need a 308 can.
I hear that I'm 6 months wait in with 3 cans and now I want a dedicated 556 can. That new dead air 556 can is calling my name.

6 months from my time of purchase not certification….

Don't fall into the will survive armagedon trap when you start shopping for a 308 can. 98% of us can't take advantage of a can that is full auto rated. Even if you like to mag dump, most cans will be just fine if your reasonable. Then you will hear those folks who talk about baffle erosion in lesser materials like stainless or titanium and again, that is the least of most of our worries as the ammount of ammo it would take to see those problems is thousands of dollars in ammo and well outweighs the cost of the can. In other words, you had a hell of a lot of fun over the life of the can to wear it out and on top of that, most manufacturers will warrant your can and replace the baffles.

Having put a can on a POF Revolution in 308, I strongly advise to not go down the path I did of turning a nice, light AR in 308 into a heavy pig with a heavy suppressor. I chose a Sandman S which is a great can but HEAVY and the mounting system is HEAVY and adds unnecessary length. I basically put 2lbs hanging off the end of a 7lb rifle which combined with optic has it over 11lbs now which was not what I wanted. So I am in the process of redoing the build and going to go with a different can. I will cut a couple inches of length and around a pound off the current setup and that combined with a new optic setup should get it down to a nice light 9lbs ready to rock and roll.

Not sure what 308 cans you are looking at but strongly recommend looking at the following cans:
  • Dead Air Nomad line (I am leaning towards the Nomad Ti for my AR 308)
  • Thunderbeast (Dominus, Ultra)
  • Rex MG7 308
  • Energetic Arms Vox S or Lux
  • Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen S
  • KGM R30
Then use a light and short mounting system like the Plan B system (though I recommend using the Rearden products over Q)

Don't fall into the will survive armagedon trap when you start shopping for a 308 can. 98% of us can't take advantage of a can that is full auto rated. Even if you like to mag dump, most cans will be just fine if your reasonable. Then you will hear those folks who talk about baffle erosion in lesser materials like stainless or titanium and again, that is the least of most of our worries as the ammount of ammo it would take to see those problems is thousands of dollars in ammo and well outweighs the cost of the can. In other words, you had a hell of a lot of fun over the life of the can to wear it out and on top of that, most manufacturers will warrant your can and replace the baffles.

Having put a can on a POF Revolution in 308, I strongly advise to not go down the path I did of turning a nice, light AR in 308 into a heavy pig with a heavy suppressor. I chose a Sandman S which is a great can but HEAVY and the mounting system is HEAVY and adds unnecessary length. I basically put 2lbs hanging off the end of a 7lb rifle which combined with optic has it over 11lbs now which was not what I wanted. So I am in the process of redoing the build and going to go with a different can. I will cut a couple inches of length and around a pound off the current setup and that combined with a new optic setup should get it down to a nice light 9lbs ready to rock and roll.

Not sure what 308 cans you are looking at but strongly recommend looking at the following cans:
  • Dead Air Nomad line (I am leaning towards the Nomad Ti for my AR 308)
  • Thunderbeast (Dominus, Ultra)
  • Rex MG7 308
  • Energetic Arms Vox S or Lux
  • Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen S
  • KGM R30
Then use a light and short mounting system like the Plan B system (though I recommend using the Rearden products over Q)

If you're going lighter A titanium direct thread wouldn't that be your go to

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads