JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@solv3nt, just picked up my Turbo T2 at U.S.
When he asked about BGC, I said the NFA BGC was done and it was cleared via question 28. No additional BGC or fee.
275 days from purchase to pick up.

20230815_135237.jpg

Last Edited:
Apparently they did some reading on the rules. Jerks wouldn't do that for me. I fortunately got an instant though.
I have never paid for a BGC when picking up a can. Had to fill out the form but that just covers the LGS in the transfer process (every time a can changes hands it must be noted). Technically the FBI/ATF already did it. If the LGS is charging for it I would never transfer/buy another one from them. Double dipping IMO.

I have never paid for a BGC when picking up a can. Had to fill out the form but that just covers the LGS in the transfer process (every time a can changes hands it must be noted). Technically the FBI/ATF already did it. If the LGS is charging for it I would never transfer/buy another one from them. Double dipping IMO.
That was the issue we had. We both informed them of the issue of doing a BGC for an approved NFA, I don't know if it was a comfort level in their knowledge or what. But, I just picked up my 46m and the first thing he did after I filled out the 4473 was check the box stating BGC not required. He filled out the dealer info, asked if I new about keeping the paperwork with the can, then said have a nice day. I assume after we spoke to them about that issue, they researched it and found that it wasn't required or even standard practice.

That was the issue we had. We both informed them of the issue of doing a BGC for an approved NFA, I don't know if it was a comfort level in their knowledge or what. But, I just picked up my 46m and the first thing he did after I filled out the 4473 was check the box stating BGC not required. He filled out the dealer info, asked if I new about keeping the paperwork with the can, then said have a nice day. I assume after we spoke to them about that issue, they researched it and found that it wasn't required or even standard practice.
It just irks me to think that some may be charging for something that has already cost us a lot of time and money. I get the need for paperwork proof (it is the gov't after all!) but really...? Glad you got yours

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews