JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Runaway gun is another instance of a gun firing on it's own even when a trigger is released. Theres conditions that cause this if you want to look it up yourself.

They taught us to rip the belts to keep it minimized should it occur. This is squarely at fully autos tho. I don't recall encountering it personally in training or deployment but it's a known thing.

Glock came out in 82? It's a millennial then...

Runaway gun is another instance of a gun firing on it's own even when a trigger is released. Theres conditions that cause this if you want to look it up yourself.

They taught us to rip the belts to keep it minimized should it occur. This is squarely at fully autos tho. I don't recall encountering it personally in training or deployment but it's a known thing.

Glock came out in 82? It's a millennial then...
Twist that belt and keep it pointed down range.

I think I said Glock, or clone, didn't I? The common point I was attempting to make is that since Glock (and Glock clones) arrived on the market there have been hand injuries directly associated with their disassembly. The trigger must be pulled to remove the slide.
You can also argue that the sale of guns went up since Glock came on there market. Just because the two statistics are in line, doesn't mean they're correlated.

Since Glock came on the market, the number of people killed by COVID went up exponentially; Glocks unsafe trigger made COVID!

Last Edited:
I bet this was a Glock (or clone) disassembly discharge. Failure to clear the chamber prior to removing the slide.
Good bet?
Is that particular recurring incident, firing a Glock/clone during disassembly, called an 'accidental discharge' (AD), or a 'negligent discharge' (ND)?
Should ADs result in criminal charges? How about NDs?

Here's a link to a news item on the shooting.
"Shot in the hand".. drunken 1911 press check? Sounds like the officer was off duty at a hotel in the lobby?

You can also argue that the sale of guns went up since Glock came on there market. Just because the two statistics are in line, doesn't mean they're correlated.

Since Glock came on the market, the number is people killed by COVID went to exponentially; Glocks unsafe trigger made COVID!
Bro.
You could write for CNN. Wind power is responsible for tiiktok

What about the very real possibility that the one cop was schtooping the other cops wife?
This or one of many possibilities.

My point being why is this cop in custody over a AD/ND when Mr. Saturday Night Fever from the FBI went free after shooting the guy in the leg while performing drunken gymnastics on a dance floor?

My point being why is this cop in custody over a AD/ND when Mr. Saturday Night Fever from the FBI went free after shooting the guy in the leg while performing drunken gymnastics on a dance floor?
6h1j6a.jpg

Not sure this thread is worth 4 pages of discussion.

No matter what semi auto pistol you wish to disassemble ....
Removing the magazine...and checking the chamber all while keeping your finger off the trigger ...
Will keep this AD / ND stuff from happening.
Andy

Removing the magazine...and checking the chamber all while keeping your finger off the trigger ...
Andy
But how's the big AI in the sky ever gonna SkyNet if we don't feed it content?

Andy
It's worthy of 20 pages if a few people read some of it and remember to clear the chamber on the gun they plan to disassemble.

Since Glock came on the market, the number of people killed by COVID went up exponentially; Glocks unsafe trigger made COVID!
Glock came to market under Reagan, but Clinton set the first Glock high sales records. 😁

I think this is a great question. I thought the charges were significant, and quick. That's reading between the lines a bit. But there must be something to that.

It's worthy of 20 pages if a few people read some of it and remember to clear the chamber on the gun they plan to disassemble.
We need 20 pages for common sense? Damn. American gun owners are getting dumb.

ANY time you pick up a gun or are handed a gun it is your JOB/RESPONSIBILITY to clear it. Period.

That's common sense. Otherwise let natural selection take its course.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews