JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Holy crap, 30min max with reservation!? That's damn near robbery.

I've only ever shot a very broken in range rental 938 - are they hard to rack? My copy was damn near sloppy when I got hold of it.

I used to own a p238HD - that was a hoot to shoot, super easy to rack as well.
Yep! 30 minutes. That's what I loved about that place. It was a "Club' in the strictest sense. Get there at opening, 8:00am and get 2-3 other regulars in there. You'd stand around and shoot the bull for 20 minutes before even getting to shootin'. If they got rid of all that rona crap I'd go back if they asked me. Used to shoot twice a week. I miss it, but I wouldn't pay the initiation fee. They'd already raised the price to $175.00 a year.

The 938 isn't hard for me to rack. but it's Wifey's carry piece. The cuts on the slide are nice and defined/sharp. The good thing is it has a hammer to pull back and ease the tension on the slide. You can rack it with safety on too.

Yup, no surprise. See ignoramuses mishandling firearms all the time. Think about it for a sec. A firearm is simply an inanimate tool, and like all inanimate tools it can hurt you or others if mishandled. The consequences of mishandling tools can vary depending on which tool is involved, and obviously guns are on one extreme end of that spectrum, but so are automobiles. Think about all the times you've seen people mishandle automobiles unsafely, and then consider that at least 50%, probably closer to 80%+ of those same ignoramuses own guns...

Sorry for both the females who were with the male. I imagine he was enjoying being an alpha male who is showing them how to properly use firearms :eek:...
I also would be concerned about enforcement of safety rules at this particular gun range. I consciously made a decision to become a member at a range that does background checks on prospective members to lessen the chance of having someone like this beside me at a shooting range.

What sort of background check criteria does the range accomplish on prospective members to ensure they are safe handling guns?
I shoot at the range belonging to the Seattle Police where they do their training and private membership requires a background check and a half-day orientation if you join. While that does not guarantee that people who are careless with firearms will not be there, it certainly lessens the odds. That type of person is more likely to go to one of the nearby ranges where all they have to do is pay $10-20 and start shooting.
It is also my experience that people who are careless around firearms are unlikely to seek out the opportunity to shoot at a range with law enforcement officers visible on the premises... Heck, it is the only place in Seattle where I park my vehicle and do not worry about locking the doors.

I believe he violated all 4 of Col. Cooper's rules. I can't tell from the video the precise position of the right wrist of our shooter when the shot breaks, but highly likely a finger snuck in there.
If there is a romantic relationship between them, he'll be paying for it the rest of the time they're together.;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top