JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
to add some missing context there was recently a long discussion here on mechanical safties and actions affecting user responsibility, my guess is that carried over in Titz response.
IMO your both right, the gun store owner was just as negligent as the officer who didnt check the chamber.

to add some missing context there was recently a long discussion here (made by the same OP) on mechanical safties and actions affecting user responsibility, my guess is that carried over in Titz response.
IMO your both right, the gun store owner was just as negligent as the officer who didnt check the chamber.
FIFY

I just pull the trigger real hard every time I grab a gun so if there's a discharge it's intentional. Check mate, atheists.

I just pull the trigger real hard every time I grab a gun so if there's a discharge it's intentional. Check mate, atheists.
May-the-ForceMajeure-Be-With-You-01.png

Lets see, according to the report:

An off duty officer was in a hotel room, with another guy, shoots himself in the hand and the 'other guy' was shot in the stomach.

So, by the same round or another ? (not mentioned)

Off duty officer is in custody.

Sounds pretty fishy to me.

What, exactly, is the difference between an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge?
And "accidental" discharge is usually the name given when the person refuses to take responsibility for their own stupidity. :rolleyes:

True AD's are incredibly rare. Guns don't just go off on accident...well except for maybe the Sig P320's. But most of these things are ND's. It's almost always because somebody did something stupid and broke one or more of the rules.

to add some missing context there was recently a long discussion here on mechanical safties and actions affecting user responsibility, my guess is that carried over in Titz response.
Indeed. I was just simply stating my surprise that a shop owner would have a loaded gun in a sales counter and not beware of that fact.

The cop was a moron as mentioned for pulling the trigger of a gun he failed to check that no round was chambered. Especially when it's pointed at himself, or anyone for that matter.

Lets see, according to the report:

An off duty officer was in a hotel room, with another guy, shoots himself in the hand and the 'other guy' was shot in the stomach.

So, by the same round or another ? (not mentioned)

Off duty officer is in custody.

Sounds pretty fishy to me.
Im guessing the round went through the officers hand and then into the stomach of said victim.

What, exactly, is the difference between an accidental discharge and a negligent discharge?
In my opinion, an AD occurs when a gun fires unexpectedly and no damage or personal injury occurs; the ND includes an element of negligence while handling or manipulating the firearm, such as violating recognized and accepted common sense safety protocols, but could also include negligent design and manufacturing flaws.

To confuse the matter, it's possible to have an AD AND ND at the same time. For instance, putting a homemade sling on a Remington Nylon 66 and throwing it over your shoulder, then having the sling flex the receiver which fires a bullet into the back of your head.¹ In this case the discharge is purely accidental (AD), but it led to a fatality which landed on Remington for (negligently) manufacturing a serious design flaw.

1. This fatal accident is described in "Unsafe By Design", by Jack Belk.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top