JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why automatically assume Glock, there is no mention of it? Most liking one of these idiots that doesn't handle a firearms with respect or safety, zero to do with make or model.

I think I said Glock, or clone, didn't I? The common point I was attempting to make is that since Glock (and Glock clones) arrived on the market there have been hand injuries directly associated with their disassembly. The trigger must be pulled to remove the slide.

I'm guessing regarding the accident described in this post, but it sure seems to me two guys got to their hotel room, and one went to take his gun apart while the other was standing in the line of fire.

Now let's say we know 100% (we don't) this accident occurred during the disassembly of a Glock. That is not Glocks fault. In order for this AD to turn into the ND that it is, a LOT of mistakes were made along the way.

The terminology has changed. The situations covered by "AD" and "ND" are the same.

For the sake of conversation, how would your rifle go off while walking with it?
This occurs far more often than you can imagine. If you put five people together to talk about guns, at least one of them has had a gun go off when it wasn't supposed to.

so if -you- were holding a rifle, werent touching the trigger, and were practicing the 4 safety rules, and the gun goes off, were you negligent?
Short answer, no.
But was there damage or injury? If so, there's negligence. But why?
If the design, or manufacturing methods, or manufactured materials caused the AD, and damage or injury occurred (turning the AD into a ND), then the negligence can be traced back to the source.

Short answer, no.
If the design, or manufacturing methods, or manufactured materials caused the AD, and damage or injury occurred (turning the AD into a ND), then the negligence can be traced back to the source.
You don't have to have damage or injury for something to be considered a ND……

If you're on the firing line and shoot into the ground or before/after you get the prompt to fire then that is in fact a ND.

Short answer, no.
if the 4 rules were followed there would be no injury. Their might be property damage done but only to something you were willing to destroy.
If we want to trace back the AD to the manufacturer, then it could become a ND in that regard on them I guess....

Last Edited:
I think I said Glock, or clone, didn't I? The common point I was attempting to make is that since Glock (and Glock clones) arrived on the market there have been hand injuries directly associated with their disassembly. The trigger must be pulled to remove the slide.

I'm guessing regarding the accident described in this post, but it sure seems to me two guys got to their hotel room, and one went to take his gun apart while the other was standing in the line of fire.

Now let's say we know 100% (we don't) this accident occurred during the disassembly of a Glock. That is not Glocks fault. In order for this AD to turn into the ND that it is, a LOT of mistakes were made along the way.
By "Glock clone" do you mean p80 and the like or every polymer frame, striker fired pistol that every manufacturer followed in the foot steps of Glock?

Regardless, if the trigger must be pulled for disassembly, I would submit it is pretty lame not to confirm the chamber is empty prior to disassembly. It is not a difficult concept and it pure laziness and complacency to do otherwise. My point being is it doesn't matter if the proper disassembly requires standing on ones head, not doing so is 100% operator error.

By "Glock clone" do you mean p80 and the like or every polymer frame, striker fired pistol that every manufacturer followed in the foot steps of Glock?

Regardless, if the trigger must be pulled for disassembly, I would submit it is pretty lame not to confirm the chamber is empty prior to disassembly. It is not a difficult concept and it pure laziness and complacency to do otherwise. My point being is it doesn't matter if the proper disassembly requires standing on ones head, not doing so is 100% operator error.
In this case 'Glock clone' refers to guns following the specific design mechanisms that Glock uses to require the trigger to be pulled for disassembly.

Ah, another Glock bashing thread. How original.
This is not a Glock bashing thread. This is a discussion regarding a recent negligent discharge that injured two Chicago cops. We don't even know if the fires gun was a Glock. I've made that clear in my posts. At this time it's all speculation regarding how the accident (or as some have suggested, maybe it wasn't accidental) occurred, but I speculate two cops got off duty and checked into a hotel room, on one began to field strip a Glock - like gun and shot thru his hand into the abdomen of the other cop. Purely speculation on my part.

This is not a Glock bashing thread. This is a discussion regarding a recent negligent discharge that injured two Chicago cops. We don't even know if the fires gun was a Glock. I've made that clear in my posts. At this time it's all speculation regarding how the accident (or as some have suggested, maybe it wasn't accidental) occurred, but I speculate two cops got off duty and checked into a hotel room, on one began to field strip a Glock - like gun and shot thru his hand into the abdomen of the other cop. Purely speculation on my part.
Ah, so the thread title is just clickbait then?

Just not in the title of the thread.

Glocks have been around since 1982, I'm sure you can do the math. Not only that they are not the first weapon to require it.
Copy.
When I think about Glocks I consider their big entry into the mainstream to be about 90-91. Obviously, I'm not a Glock fanboy, so I admit I don't know a tremendous bit about them.
What other semiauto handguns prior to Glock required the trigger to be pulled for disassembly?

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top