JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A man shot himself and injured a woman after his firearm accidentally discharged at a shooting range, police said.
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

The correct word is, "NEGLIGENTLY"...as in, "...after he NEGLIGENTLY discharged his firearm..." :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
I do not think that word means what you think it means.

The correct word is, "NEGLIGENTLY"...as in, "...after he NEGLIGENTLY discharged is firearm..." :rolleyes:
Absolutely, totally, 100%, irrefutably correct. When handled with proper safety protocols there is no such thing as a gun "accident." Just ask Alec Baldwin...

Absolutely, totally, 100%, irrefutably correct. When handled with proper safety protocols there is no such thing as a gun "accident." Just ask Alec Baldwin...
Right after that happened, Alec, kid I worked with was wondering why I was so adamant that the blame was his and ALL his. He said the prop person handed him the gun and said "this is a cold gun". Said if that was you would you have checked? I said I don't care if god told me it was "cold". If they wanted me to draw and point at anything other than a shooting area I would have looked first. I Would NEVER take ANYONE'S word for it that the damn gun was "safe" to point at another person.

Right after that happened, Alec, kid I worked with was wondering why I was so adamant that the blame was his and ALL his. He said the prop person handed him the gun and said "this is a cold gun". Said if that was you would you have checked? I said I don't care if god told me it was "cold". If they wanted me to draw and point at anything other than a shooting area I would have looked first. I Would NEVER take ANYONE'S word for it that the damn gun was "safe" to point at another person.
And why isn't Baldwin under arrest???? He held the gun. He didn't check to see if it was empty. He pointed it at a person. He pulled the trigger.
An average Joe like you or me would have been arrested immediately.
Why? Why? Why?

Why I mostly prefer to shoot alone if possible. I'm not saying anything about people in general, most I meet at the range are beyond nice and friendly, but that doesn't equate to following safety rules. I see a lot of idiot moves that could easily end up deadly. I don't say anything because why start beef with guns around, but I do leave usually. Not worth people teaching new people improperly and having barrels pointed at me even briefly.

I had to watch it a couple more times too. He got himself in the hand as well as the gal. He has his off hand at the front of the slide. I have to wonder if he was trying to field strip the pistol????
Yep through his hand and into her.

Bugger hook was on the bang switch….

Sadly, one more instance the anti-gunners can use to make all gun owners out to be irresponsible, careless and or reckless and therefore "no one should be allowed" to own them "for our own good"

Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Yep through his hand and into her.
I got to thinking about this again. If I were standing that close to someone that had a gun pointing at me like that girl had, I think I'd be jumping STRAIGHT UP! It even gives me the creeps seeing a table at a gun show where the rifles are lined up muzzles out. None of the three had any sense of proper gun handling!

My concern is 'new' gun owners who possibly do not associate with any experienced gun owners, or may not even know any, and feel they will simply scour the internet for their 'education' and may not take handling and safety too seriously - if at all.

It has often been mentioned on this forum how we should 'mentor ' new gun owners but there are most likely a lot of experienced gun owners who do not interface with enough people to even know any new owners. Heck a lot of us probably only know other long term, experienced gun owners and might not know ANY non, or new owners, and these people may simply be on their own. Covid avoidance between people doesn't help either.

It seems the majority of these 'new' gun owners are most likely motivated by self defense concerns and this no doubt influences a much more rapid attempt to gain whatever skills they can and without any help (experienced or professional) we then see negligence such as this in the OPs post.

I also sometimes wonder how much safety 'advisement' a new owner gets from the LGS that sold the gun as well, and if even a minimal amount how many of the new owners will heed the advice.

I also sometimes wonder how much safety 'advisement' a new owner gets from the LGS that sold the gun as well, and if even a minimal amount how many of the new owners will heed the advice.
Probably about the same safety info that comes on a condom wrapper. Or less.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top