JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure I would go so far as calling them completely incompetent. Dorner is pretty much dead right now.

The LAPD shot up a few pickup trucks.
Wounded a few paper girls.
Wounded a few white guys.
Kicked down several thousand doors.
Burned down a cabin.
Murdered an unidentified occupant.

This is what we know about so far.

I wouldn't call this competent unless I was referring to competency in a "Charlie Manson" kind of way.

dorner is not a hero. his cause ceased being a just one the very instant he decided to kill monica quan and her fiance, keith lawrence. he became a piece of garbage on that very day. he killed innocent cops. cops who had NOTHING to do with his firing. he just went out and ambushed two cops in riverside, killed one of them, hid in the mountains for a few days. he was beginning to panic, slipped up, engaged in a firefight, killed one sheriff deputy and injured another. it appears he ate his own bullet after the cabin was caught fire. i don't feel bad for him whatsoever! it's one thing for somebody to be a cop killer. it's a whole new level when it's somebody who WAS one of their own!

yes, it may seem comical to most people that he made the LAPD look incompetent for almost a week. a few cops decided to shoot random people just for driving a vehicle that was similar to chris' burned out nissan titan. the actions of those officers does not mean the rest of the LAPD is the same way. i've known many good police officers who work for the LAPD. many of those people are friends i've had since elementary school. they're good people. in precincts that large, there will be bad apples. they're rooted out quickly. if not, they're removed eventually. whenever something like that happens, it puts a stain on the rest of them, and it pisses them off. it's kind of like when a gun owner, legal or otherwise, does some crap. suddenly, we're painted as monsters.

the reason they cut off air traffic in the area, as well as radio traffic, is due to the possibility he had tv and internet access within the cabin. the news copters were doing an excellent job showing where police officers were positioned around the cabin. some of you need to loosen the tin foil around your head. it appears to be cutting off your cognitive thinking ability.

also, for the record, he simply got fired from the LAPD. they didn't pull his basic POST certification. he could have moved on like an adult, applied at other departments/agencies, and eventually found a job with them, or he could have gotten on as a merc working overseas. he chose to hold a grudge like an emotionally stunted teenager and take it out on those whom he perceived as the ones who caused it. yes, he may have been railroaded but that does not justify killing people. if he wanted to smear the LAPD, he, with his skin color and all, could have gone to the LA times to give them a detailed chronicle of events that led to his firing. they would have given him all the time he wanted!

just remember who it is you'll be calling when you need help. don't give me that keyboard rambo BS.

just remember who it is you'll be calling when you need help. don't give me that keyboard rambo BS.

YOU can call them when you need help. The LAPD and LA County Sheriff MIGHT come to tag the bodies.

THEY WON'T HELP YOU.

I know many police officers. Most are real good folks.
When they put on the uniform and get their "game face" on, every one of them gets an attitude.

Even in little Vancouver, I have witnessed the city and county officers lie, threaten and intimidate the public they are sworn to protect. I have witnessed them sitting back, while a crime is in progress, waiting for backup. They aren't going to risk themselves for you. They don't even know you.

Sorry, I just remembered...

According to the Supreme Court-They don't have a duty to protect you.

You so funny. No one would have ever gotten a reward.

Ding, ding. :s0166:

Mayor Villaraigosa just said no reward because it was for information leading to capture and conviction. Capture and conviction, heh, never happen. Even if he'd walked into a news office and given up he would died via "suicide" in jail.

California is a second world country w big freeways and pretty buildings, third world conditions can't be far.

YOU can call them when you need help. The LAPD and LA County Sheriff MIGHT come to tag the bodies.

THEY WON'T HELP YOU.

I know many police officers. Most are real good folks.
When they put on the uniform and get their "game face" on, every one of them gets an attitude.

Even in little Vancouver, I have witnessed the city and county officers lie, threaten and intimidate the public they are sworn to protect. I have witnessed them sitting back, while a crime is in progress, waiting for backup. They aren't going to risk themselves for you. They don't even know you.

Sorry, I just remembered...

According to the Supreme Court-They don't have a duty to protect you.

that is true. but, who is it people call when they're in need of emergency help?

OMG HALP! MAH GUNZ GOT STOLENED! CAWL THA PO-LEES!

that is true. but, who is it people call when they're in need of emergency help?

What help do you think they will give you?

IF they come to your house, they will just take a report.

They won't investigate. If you had a photo of the perp they wouldn't be able to find him. Even if you had him tied up in your living room, they wouldn't be able to find him.

To get back on topic, I never said Dorner was anything other than a piece of dung. You might look back at some of the previous posts and put the comments in context. (#119)

I need to get down off my soapbox now.

Yeah, this should be interesting. Just think of the movie of the week and the endless spectulation to come. This was definately a case of "get him" using any means necessary. Maybe it is just the LE subclass going after a traitor/scapegoat, but the cost in terms of blood and money to get one guy is tremendous. Maybe they should listen to Col Troutman and just let him "slip through the lines and pick him up working in a gas station in Seattle".

I'm not sure I would go so far as calling them completely incompetent. Dorner is pretty much dead right now.

He may have escaped if he had taken the pickup driver, and his dog, hostage but he let them walk. This allowed the owner of the truck to identify the pickup to police. Not defending the guy but had he taken or killed the driver he may have driven right out of the area.

Guess this just reaffirms his vendeta was against LAPD and their families and not the general public.

Why in the world did he set his original pickup on fire in the first place? If it had a broken axle as we were told, why didn't he just ditch it in the woods or even just park it off the road? By setting it on fire, they knew he was in the area almost immediately. Figured this had to be a ploy by him to throw the cops off and he was out of the area.

Doesn't appear that he was the sharpest pencil in his tactical unit.

dorner is not a hero. his cause ceased being a just one the very instant he decided to kill monica quan and her fiance, keith lawrence. he became a piece of garbage on that very day. he killed innocent cops. cops who had NOTHING to do with his firing. he just went out and ambushed two cops in riverside, killed one of them, hid in the mountains for a few days. he was beginning to panic, slipped up, engaged in a firefight, killed one sheriff deputy and injured another. it appears he ate his own bullet after the cabin was caught fire. i don't feel bad for him whatsoever! it's one thing for somebody to be a cop killer. it's a whole new level when it's somebody who WAS one of their own!

yes, it may seem comical to most people that he made the LAPD look incompetent for almost a week. a few cops decided to shoot random people just for driving a vehicle that was similar to chris' burned out nissan titan. the actions of those officers does not mean the rest of the LAPD is the same way. i've known many good police officers who work for the LAPD. many of those people are friends i've had since elementary school. they're good people. in precincts that large, there will be bad apples. they're rooted out quickly. if not, they're removed eventually. whenever something like that happens, it puts a stain on the rest of them, and it pisses them off. it's kind of like when a gun owner, legal or otherwise, does some crap. suddenly, we're painted as monsters.

the reason they cut off air traffic in the area, as well as radio traffic, is due to the possibility he had tv and internet access within the cabin. the news copters were doing an excellent job showing where police officers were positioned around the cabin. some of you need to loosen the tin foil around your head. it appears to be cutting off your cognitive thinking ability.

also, for the record, he simply got fired from the LAPD. they didn't pull his basic POST certification. he could have moved on like an adult, applied at other departments/agencies, and eventually found a job with them, or he could have gotten on as a merc working overseas. he chose to hold a grudge like an emotionally stunted teenager and take it out on those whom he perceived as the ones who caused it. yes, he may have been railroaded but that does not justify killing people. if he wanted to smear the LAPD, he, with his skin color and all, could have gone to the LA times to give them a detailed chronicle of events that led to his firing. they would have given him all the time he wanted!

I know exactly who I call when I require help. It certainly isn't any form of LE.

Yeah what a bunch of loosers the public is. They pay out millions of dollars for salaries, equipment, training, benefits and retirement to a bunch of people who call themselves "Police" and who have been hired to "Protect and Serve" and these members of the public expect these Police to help them if they are attacked or their property is stolen? As useless and as dangerous as Police are getting, perhaps it's time to disband the whole bunch.

I might call a friend, sure am not going to call the cops. After issue is resolved I might call them to take care of the paperwork, if there is a need.
There are few good cops out there, but there are enough out there, that even though might not be outright crooked, whose number one task is to collect revenue for the city or state.
Until cops refuse to carry out unconstitutional orders they will no longer get respect from me.

And remember these are the people that gun control advocates want to confiscate our guns. One not very bright man had them crawling in their skin and shooting at shadows (sorry make that Asian ladies). I don't people who really want confiscation have thought this thru.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top