JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your preference for your defensive handgun?

• $$$. Top of the line

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • $$. Midrange

Votes: 85 75.9%
  • $. Low end

Votes: 6 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well it's time to end this .It don't matter what gun you use I have thousand dollar AR have a 1200 dollar 1911 I have a a 550 dollar Glock 22 that I have upgraded so much it's over thousand dollars .I have a Glock 19 X that was 686 dollars brand new I have all ready change the sites barrel and the mags so thousand bucks .I have this and that and I got more than that it doesn't matter how much my gun cost or or how much it doesn't cost .THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS MY GUN WORKS WHEN I NEED IT TOO.if the guy I have to shoot has a hi point and I have a Glock don't matter .just like if I have to shoot a guy and I have the hi point and he has the Glock . don't matter what matters is right and wrong .then comes TRAINED AND UNTRAINED

One last point and you guys will be happy I moved on. Todays' world is the information age, everything you have ever said on the net is now there as evidence to be used in a trial against you. You tell them what you think and how you feel here on this site, fakebook,twitter and every place you go. You thought because your name isn't here you are anonymous but fact is you are recorded. In a jury trial all you have said will be used to paint a picture to the liberal jury.

When you say you will kill to protect your second amendment rights it has gone down on record, you have pointed a finger at yourself and did it openly on a public forum. I try to tell you guys to learn how to win a fight but you wont' listen. Being queer for the gear is all cool but learning how to survive the information age is going to be your real challenge. The point that really needs to be made is learn what not to say in this information age, your words are going to hurt you.

Later guys:D
You can mince your words if you want, I won't.

Whatever you do, don't use your handloads for defensive purposes. There's a long list of fellas that are awaiting the hangman because of just that.

not really

Lol so tomorrow I will go to the doctor or eye doctor .to get new glasses HEHEE then I will go to the range to shoot my guns lol holy smokes should I wait for my new glasses . nope don't matter right because if I shoot some one with my 1911 it doesn't matter im the bad guy because the local police use Glocks .is that right . that's what I got from the previous post mmmmm should I be doing something different.

$1k max will get you everything you could want in a carry gun and even that is on a bell curve. A $400 gun will get you 97% of the quality and reliability of a $1k gun.

Past the $1k mark is all fluff and anchor emblems IMO.

When and if I ever have to use my gun in self defense or defense of others .I will try to get the bad guy to stop and show me his gun . Before I kill him you know just in case it comes up in court .lol that's the most idiotic thing I have ever heard .carry the same gun as the police .LOL HEHEHE have you seen what happens to a cop who shoots someone in the line if duty .GIVE ME A BREAK . FRICKIN CLOWN .... sorry Bobo not you your a different clown HEHEE

Last Edited:
One of the guns I carry would be hard to replace, but I have had confidence in it for the 35+ years that I have owned it. I even sold it once and then convinced the guy to sell it back to me. The new models of that gun are not worth a cr@p IMHO. S&W did the gun no favors when they bought the rights. I would have to look hard and be willing to spend two to three times as much as it cost originally to replace it with a used one in as good shape. When I bought it used in 1983 for $350, it would probably be considered a midrange gun.

My other carry is a midrange gun with delusions of grandeur.

We can make this work for you, either put me on ignore or I can put you on ignore. No sense you being burdened reading my minced words.:D See how nice I can be:D
Feel free, you haven't reached the point for me to need to ignore every last thing you say. But I understand how a person can get to that point. I think we should try to say what we mean and mean what we say. We already pander too much to people who would quiet us, defang us and neuter us.

A person is not my peer if they would try to deny me my rights. So really I'm unconcerned in regards to your 'liberal jury'. We are quickly approaching 2+2=5 territory. If you want to self censor go right on ahead. Its not something I'm going to take part in.

The path you would have us on is to be completely controlled. You are currently warning us about things we type. How much of a stretch is it until by your thinking we should all not speak at all for fear of being recorded? I understand there are devices everywhere that are capable of listening to us. I'm still going to speak. I get that they have giant data centers that have all of our information stored. I'm still going to use the net and say what I think needs to be said........while continuing to be me.

Since you used the kill to protect 2A rights statement lets talk about that. If I'm not on ignore yet. Would you not die defending your rights? Will you give up your arms and accede that maybe you were wrong? You were wrong and you never had a right to self preservation to begin with. Would you rather fight or kneel next to the ditch they are going to have your body fall into?

Yes some of us would die to protect our rights. We let a lot of them be trampled at times but you can only push a man so far. And the 1st and 2nd amendments are right there at the forefront of issues that make up the MOUNTAIN that MANY of us would gladly die on rather than relinquish to man something that was god given.

So that means I should buy a Glock 19 for my next handgun? I sometimes rent a Glock 17 or 19 at the gun range but I do not own a Glock. I have an HK VP9 instead and I really like it.

If you are worried about your carry gun getting confiscated during a self defense encounter aftermath.

Seems like a sufficient reason to buy the exact set up as the 'just in case'

Because you all needed another excuse to buy another gun ;)

I found a single Ping iron at a garage sale for like $1 and snuck it in his bag one day. I promptly wrapped it around a tree after cratering the dirt with it after asking politely if I could try out one of "his" clubs .
lol, good cheap times
So I was at the tavern playing pool with a house stick when my friend offered to let me use his very high dollar cue. After a while when he was at the bar get another drink I missed a shot and loudly exclaimed "ah sh1t" and dropped cue I was using on the concrete floor. He was off the bar stool and had a bit of fire in his eye and I quickly pointed out his cue was along side the cushion on the table and I had dropped a house stick. I can really appreciate your Ping story. Good friends, good times.

Last Edited:
There is an old saying, that our thoughts belong to us until we say them, then they belong to everyone.

So back on-topic, I have found that some of the really expensive high-end pieces, especially the tight tack-driving accurate ones, can be very touchy and unreliable until you spend the effort to tune 'em up and break them in.

The less expensive ones, and those made for combat, have looser tolerances which are more forgiving to dirt, lint, and temperature variables.

Going by price alone isn't necessarily the metric we need to use. A range-only bullseye gun may not be the best answer in a 10-foot firefight situation, no matter how many thousands of dollars it may have cost.

A colleague once observed that a $30 Chinese knife can make cuts as well as a $1,200 Chris Reeve can in a life-or-death encounter, so why lose the Chris Reeve to the evidence room, when a $30 CRKT M16-01ks will do? Makes sense.

If the $2,000 piece makes a person happy to carry AND it works as reliably as my G-21, then go forth and enjoy, I say.

But without reliability and adequate accuracy, any gun at any price is more an illusion of a weapon than it is the fulfillment of a promise.

So that means I should buy a Glock 19 for my next handgun? I sometimes rent a Glock 17 or 19 at the gun range but I do not own a Glock. I have an HK VP9 instead and I really like it.

Everyone should own at least one G19. :)

ok, maybe not, but they aren't one of the most popular EDCs because they suck. 7 years and counting with mine....

it doesn't matter what gun you use, it matters what ammo you use. The advice from the pros like Ayoob is don't modify your trigger and/or pimp out your gun with zombie punisher bling or use gimmiky extreme penetrator, RIP ammo but use the ammo that local PD uses... basically plain old hollowpoints.

it doesn't matter what gun you use, it matters what ammo you use. The advice from the pros like Ayoob is don't modify your trigger and/or pimp out your gun with zombie punisher bling or use gimmiky extreme penetrator, RIP ammo but use the ammo that local PD uses... basically plain old hollowpoints.

I use147gr 9mm HST rounds myself. I did find a few 147gr and 124gr Speer Gold Dot boxes in my stash. The 147gr GD are he older non G2 ones.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top