JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stuff does look wicked. Just not sure what I would ever do with it to justify the cost. I keep a few kinds of 12 Ga ammo. Some "less than", and then OO and slugs. The idea of the slugs would be in case I had to fire on a vehicle. The plain Jane slugs are do devastating on their own I can't really see buying these. I still well remember LONG ago. Place I used to shoot that was often a dumping area. One day an old hot water tank ended up there. Several of us were shooting it. Nothing was able to punch through it. 44 mag would go in one side and you could see and feel the bump on the other side. I had a shorty 12 in the trunk so got it out and fired a couple slugs at the tank. Those sailed clean through the damn thing.

Interesting design, but practically speaking, 00-buck is plenty effective, has a proven track record, and is available inexpensively and pretty much everywhere. So, meh.

There's a UTube video featuring either that or something very similar. Amazing amount of damage and the stuff flew straight and went were directed.....

Too rich for for this guy....I'm thinking if buck and slugs can't get it done I shouldn't be there.

Stuff does look wicked. Just not sure what I would ever do with it to justify the cost. I keep a few kinds of 12 Ga ammo. Some "less than", and then OO and slugs. The idea of the slugs would be in case I had to fire on a vehicle. The plain Jane slugs are do devastating on their own I can't really see buying these. I still well remember LONG ago. Place I used to shoot that was often a dumping area. One day an old hot water tank ended up there. Several of us were shooting it. Nothing was able to punch through it. 44 mag would go in one side and you could see and feel the bump on the other side. I had a shorty 12 in the trunk so got it out and fired a couple slugs at the tank. Those sailed clean through the damn thing.
12 gauge defender rounds are pretty sweet also, I have a few boxes of those.

From their website:
The 100% Copper Projectile 12 gauge TSR (Tango Shotgun Round) Aluminum is the most accurate, hardest hitting, shot gun round in the world. With over 3 inches of expansion, the TSR Aluminum with it's series 7000 weapons grade Aluminum is equivalent to the power of a 308 Rifle round with the size of a small mortar.

Packing 1,925 Ft-lbs of energy creates a lethal defensive force. The TSR is not designed to be a breaching round, it is an accurate expanding projectile round (602 grain) up to 100 yards with little to no drop because of the light-weight copper projectile and aerodynamic nose cone. When the TSR reaches it's target, that is when the devestation begins, with a football size cavitation opening up to the expanding projectile of over 3 inches...within the first 3-4 inches of penetration and penetrating up to 7 to 9" inches into 10% FBI gel, with no over-penetration. The nose cone extends another 3 to 4 inches and is equivent to a .22lr in weight adding extra damage (as if it is needed) but still not over penetrating.

The TSR can be used for absolute take down of targets and hunting of large game.

From their website:
How many grains is that? Energy is much less than a regular 12gauge slug. My 12.5" .308 has about the same energy. Frankly I'd rather use the .308.

This round is 100 yard max and dependent on correct expansion/behavior of the projectile through clothing etc. Hmmm... call me skeptical. But if I saw enough proof I might be sold on it.

How many grains is that?
*shrug*

No idea. Just wanted to add the manufacturer's official product claims to the conversation, since there wasn't a lot of info already posted.

I wouldn't mind seeing a proper gel test from an unbiased third party. They claim the main projectile will go up to 9in deep (phrasing!), and up to an additional 4in with "just the tip" (more phrasing!), for up to 13in of total penetration (good lord, so much phrasing!).

Overall they seem to be hanging their hat on "lots of power with minimal risk of over-penetration", which is an attractive idea to many folks, especially those who share walls with or are in close proximity to their neighbors. That said, I'm skeptical until I see proper tests on gel or a "meat dummy".

1000001267.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads