JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. Risk your very own life just to record…. Whatever happened to that basic human instinct to fight or flight????
There's actually a third response in that part of the brain...Fight, Flight, or FREEZE. Back in the CaveMan days, motion is what attracted things like sabertooth tigers. So freezing made sense. Now, however, it's usually a liability. And I'm assuming the need to film has something to do with the freeze option.

Reads to me that he's saying it was all fake, no one was really killed and what you are watching is a bunch of actors, no one was really hurt, no one was killed and it was all fake
It's a odd take, but a popular one with some folks for reasons I don't understand 🤷‍♂️
View: https://x.com/Naturegirl571/status/1773302063360803176?s=20
Cue up the band and ready the lights. It really doesn't matter if it is real or not, what matters is that they think it is real as it is being used as a tool to build a case for the backing of war.

View: https://x.com/Naturegirl571/status/1773302063360803176?s=20
Cue up the band and ready the lights. It really doesn't matter if it is real or not, what matters is that they think it is real as it is being used as a tool to build a case for the backing of war.
In that clip he asks us to imagine what the reaction in American society would be but the thing is, we don't have to imagine what the reaction will be because 24 years ago we saw exactly that. George Bush lied to the American people about who was responsible for the 911 attacks to justify the Iraq war on behalf of the oil companies and to protect his Saudi Arabian buddies, which is something we continue to do to this day
So I guess my response to that video is "they learned it from watching us"

we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Just Sayin'

gavrilo-princip.jpg

Gavvie Pricep has entered the chat.

Yes, they have had them for a few years now.
Slows entrance to the building to a snails pace.
If they have the same security protocols as most other stadiums the metal detectors mean bumpkins. Put your gun/knife/whatever in a bag with a bunch of other metal objects (keys, water bottle, glasses case, the more the merrier) and walk through. You set of the detector, got over to the "secondary screening station," show them all the metal junk in your bag and get waived through. You can then either go to a bathroom to rearrange things or just commit to bag carry for the duration.

Security theater is just that; totally fictional and all for show. If I can figure out a way around their protocols in less than 10 seconds I am sure bad guys will figure it out if they want to.

Fact of the matter is no amount of training or weaponry or safe guards will stop a determined killer.
Meaning you may end up saying other lives. But you wont prevent a death. In cases of CC
and prevention in these cases seldom does more then help after the fact.
As we are not talking one person we are talking many and a CC really wont do much.
Other then save your own life maybe, and if there are more people there that are bad guys?
In a stadium you will never sneak enough stop a real terror ambush.

It is good to re-think and be adaptable.

With that said...
I would prefer to carry what I know I use well , which may be considered substandard by some ....
Rather than carry something I do not have the same confidence with .
Granted one can and should practice with whatever one carries so they are confident with it...
No matter if it is an old standby or new carry firearm.
This takes time...and practice.

And with that said....
As always....carry whatever works for you , in the situations that you find yourself in.
And remember that what works well for someone else , may not work so well for you.

In any event....
Those out to harm others do not care for what you carry or how you have practiced .
They have their own agenda , plans and ideas.
When faced against those who wish you harm , do the best you can with what you have.
Do what is needed to be done to stop the threat without any regrets.
Andy
Obviously spoken by someone who has put some thought into this topic. I carry one of three a single stack in .45acp because I know the job will get dome with it. 3 mags or one depending in where I am going. A composite frame 9mm with 3 mags totaling 52 rounds, again depending on where I am going. Or a 4" bbl. .357mag because I know it will empty the saddle. The 9mm has a laser on it and finding a holster for it is definitely a challenge!

I've heard really good things about Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen holsters. Premium leather holsters (but you'll pay for 'em).

If a compact or subcompact, the Urban Carry G3 holster is pretty comfortable for appendix carry.
I have had a milt sparks holster for about 35 years. It is for a full size in a position that I no longer carry in. But that fact aside, they are great holsters.

People never cease to amaze me with their stupidity. Risk your very own life just to record…. Whatever happened to that basic human instinct to fight or flight????
Circa 1880, Kierkegaard referred to it as the "Sin of Poetizing Instead of Being," which definitely has proved the test of time.

I found myself doing it at my daughter's softball game the other day. She was up to bat and I filmed it on my phone, more concerned with what her grandma was going to say if she hit it big, than actually being there and engaged.

Some call it "Facebook." Same.

I need to get my right knee fixed . My terrorist attack plan is to run like a scalded dog. Standing there pointing a pistol at a a bunch of guys who want to die anyway isn't part of the plan.

Yes, it was breaking last night, common knowledge now..

Consider that outage/interruption in 911 services to be nothing more than what it was, a practice run…

When the task masters decide there's going to be an event, they want to leave us totally at their mercy and helpless. Practice to be your own first responder.

Consider that outage/interruption in 911 services to be nothing more than what it was, a practice run…

When the task masters decide there's going to be an event, they want to leave us totally at their mercy and helpless. Practice to be your own first responder.
What "taskmasters"? All of these attacks appear to be ransomware related, or is that just what they want us to believe? o_O

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews