JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Curious thing is I used to carry everyday while living in Washington, 3 years ago I moved to Boise to assist a branch we have in Boise, then last summer came back to Washington as ageing parents needed help. I didn't feel the need to carry while in Boise, it just felt very safe there.

Now that I'm back in Washington I'm back to carrying and will pick up my new P365 this Friday. As @Andy54Hawken mentioned it's not the arrow, it's the indian so become competent in whatever you carry.

I miss Idaho.

Maybe, but if you were going to do an event like this (pretending you are the bad guy) would you use nasty old ammo that was soso for detonation? Or would you use something that you could really rely on for maximum carnage?
I think terrorists are going to use whatever they can get their hands on, because that is what they do in every other situation too. Repurposed crusty old mortar shells and first generation cell phones into IEDs? Check. Khyber Pass up some abomination of an IFV by kludging a barely operable automatic cannon onto the back of a truck? Check. Turn sewer pipe and diesel into rockets to be fired at civilians? Check. Smuggle in some ancient ammo and rifles of unknown provenance from who knows where to run a terror operation? Apparently check.

If this is the case it was not the first time terrorists have used materials with obvious quality deficiencies to perpetrate their heinous acts. And it certainly will not be the last if history is anything to go by.

Haven't rethought anything. I EDC a 44 magnum revolver and can put all 6 in the black on a B27 target at 100 yards any time I feel like doing it. If those 6 aren't enough to clear a path, I have my backup which is a compact 1911 with 7 more rounds to dole out. I figure I'm good with what I carry.

Don't knock on the ruskies for using Russian ammo.
With the corruption in Russian procurement, plus the strain of supplying the Ukrainian War, it is indeed possible that pretty junky ammo is making it's way into use in Russia. Steel-jacketed bullets in a rough or pitted bore is a possibility. Chunks of the steel jacket scraped off and heated incandescent by the burning gases.

Watch it again... Slow it down. I have shot 10's of thousands of times, and unless I was blowing out iron filings from a sparKLER, i've never seen a rifle spark like these did. It is almost as though they were shooting theater rounds. (for the movies). You know what I Mean?
Yeah I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm not mentally unwell enough to be repeatedly rewatching innocent people get massacred so I can analyze how sparky the ammunition was.

I truly never want to or desire to be in a situation like that.. I know a lot of folks fantasize (or seem to) about a scenario like that.. I simply want to be ready for it, but I have zero desire to be in it. But being prepared is good, it helps us be ready for evil when it presents itself. Evil only wins when good folks stand down and do nothing to stop it.
This is my thoughts on it as well.
I don't want to engage anybody, my first response is to get away.
But if I have no other way but toward the issue, I want to at least have a chance.

I may start packing a spare magazine for the Dagger.
Previously 16 rounds felt like plenty, but under duress 32 might be that much better.

As for not going to venues with crowds, I love hockey.
So I will not let the thought stop me from going to watch games in person.

I cannot carry my pistol or even a knife, but I am able to carry a ball point pen.
My favorite Pilot G2 pen goes to games with me as it is at least very pointy and can be used in that manner.
It makes it through security very easily.

Just a fighting chance is all it is, better than nothing.

I cannot carry my pistol or even a knife, but I am able to carry a ball point pen.
My favorite Pilot G2 pen goes to games with me as it is at least very pointy and can be used in that manner.
Plus, you can write them a strongly worded letter afterwards! Genius!

In this situation, even if I were cc'ing, I would most definitely look for getting away as best I can. This was a no win situation against four men with rifles. Many of us fantasize we could all be John Wick ..but the reality is, shooting back with a pistol would most likely have gotten you dead.

May come a time where we're entering a world in which conceal carry is replaced with open carry AR's. Or we just don't go out in public.

In this situation, even if I were cc'ing, I would most definitely look for getting away as best I can. This was a no win situation against four men with rifles. Many of us fantasize we could all be John Wick ..but the reality is, shooting back with a pistol would most likely have gotten you dead.

May come a time where we're entering a world in which conceal carry is replaced with open carry AR's. Or we just don't go out in public.
I've said it before, I'll say it again, unless it's my kids school, then my sidearm is for myself, family and those I care about. I'm not a vigilante, and if you choose to not protect yourself, best of luck.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, unless it's my kids school, then my sidearm is for myself, family and those I care about. I'm not a vigilante, and if you choose to not protect yourself, best of luck.
Yep..agree. It also takes the ability to discern risk. Look at Dicken in the Indiana mall shooting for example. He had a Glock 19 and made the decision to engage someone with an AR. He assessed the risk and engaged. The suspect most likely didn't see him. Dicken had cover behind a cement pillar and most importantly, had the balls required to overcome his own fear.

But the moscow shooting..that's a whole different ballgame. Make yourself small and get the F out.

Oh..and last thing I woulda done is pop my head up to film on my phone. The number of peeps doing that just made me squirm.

This is my thoughts on it as well.
I don't want to engage anybody, my first response is to get away.
But if I have no other way but toward the issue, I want to at least have a chance.

I may start packing a spare magazine for the Dagger.
Previously 16 rounds felt like plenty, but under duress 32 might be that much better.

As for not going to venues with crowds, I love hockey.
So I will not let the thought stop me from going to watch games in person.

Just a fighting chance is all it is, better than nothing.
I love watching the NFL, but fortunately there is this recent invention called television. So I don't have to drive 200 miles and pay $300 for a ticket and parking to do so. Bonus: I am not exposed to the cesspool known as Seattle. :s0155:

I stay away from crowds, because I'm an ole cranky guy and not particularly fond of most people. That being true, and the circles I routinely travel in, I see no need for change.

I carry to protect me and mine. I feel no obligation to extend that protection beyond my loved ones. Each human is endowed with the ability to protect and defend themselves, if they've delegated that to the city/town/county/state/federal government, then that's their issue, not mine.

I know it sounds cold, but I've pondered this at length and this is my stance.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top