JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few months back I purchased one of these S&W Model 325 Night Guard revolvers chambered in .45ACP. I have no idea why I did it, and I really couldn't afford it, but I've always wanted one. The gun serves no real purpose. It's no easier to conceal than a compact auto, which would hold many more rounds than the 6 rounds this holds. Because it's .45ACP it requires moon clips, which are a pain to deal with at the range. And for the price I could have purchased an HK USP Tactical.

Despite all this, I still love the gun, and think it's one of the coolest guns in my collection. I took it to the range with a couple co-workers, and although none of us are anywhere near being able to call ourselves 'good shots', we were driving tacks out of its 2.75" barrel. Makes absolutely no sense, as we can't do that with the full size autos we were shooting.

For some reason, most likely due to the time when I could only afford to own one or two guns at a time, I like to make sure each gun in my collection 'serves a purpose'. This one doesn't follow that rule. Do any of you own guns that don't serve a purpose but that you love anyhow?

642-DEFAULT-L.jpg

642-DEFAULT-L.jpg

lol I just sold one of those a few months ago!, 4 years ago I bought a 325PD in silver scandium and I absolutely loved that gun (pretty much identical to the NG except sites) My house was burglarized 2 years ago and that glorious bastard went away with the SOB that broke in. Same deal that 2 3/4 barrel was just crazy accurate up to about 50 feet (and in single action that trigger musta been around 2lbs and glass) I have looked constantly for a replacement for that weapon.. fast forward to late last year, I walk into gun broker and there on the wall in a 325 NG, bought it, enjoyed it, but realized that it simply was not the same gun that I had the emotional attachment to and it actually bummed me out that I didnt have my PD anymore every time I picked it up.
as for a current weapon that fits your question.. I gotta say my HK USC... 10 rounds of .45acp that drive nails to 100 feet but after that its like a mortar. fun as heck to shoot though

Most of mine are that way. I even own three or four of some of them. No real reason other than I can! That's all the reason I need.

I'm waiting for Charter Arms to bring out their .45 revolver that doesn't require moon clips. Why? Just because I want it.

I do! My 1951 Colt Government Model. It's purpose is to be the coolest gun in my safe. If you have a liking for 1911s, you understand.
I rarely shoot it and never carry it. I certainly could carry it and would trust it completely, but it's a little too nice for that.
guns140-1.jpg
Then there's my Ruger African, (.375 Ruger) Let's see, I doubt I'm going elephant or water buffalo hunting soon. Maybe a grizzly will come down to NW Oregon for me...
guns011.jpg

Yep and I get chewed out for it every time I come home with another one. I've got to the point now I can throw it in the pile with the rest of them and she does'nt notice anymore

HI my name is deadeye and I am a gunaholic........oops wrong thread...

No I dont have any that do not serve a purpose, they all make me happy.

Yes....and all the time I say oh I could sell that...Then open the safe and fondle it, and change my mind!

I mean really, how many varmint rifles, and back up varmint rifles, and spare hunting rifles does one need......it makes me happy so I do it....

Oh and my wife doesnt mind.....:woot:

1873 Remington Rolling Block, single shot Sporter originally in .38 long rimfire, now .357 mag. RRB Sporters are rare, but this one was trashed (cabin fire), so I refurbed it to a modern cartridge and showroom condition for around $2000. It's only purpose is as a link to my GGrandfather, born in 1822, who bought it new. My wife approved. She's a keeper.

I own a Ruger 77/22 in 22lr that has a Blue Book value of $1,350 NIB. I kept it NIB for awhile, then put a 3-9X on it and it is one of my favorite .22's. I sometimes feel foolish for firing it, but it's still at 98% and only a true Ruger collector would pay me what it's worth. I never planned on owning a $1,000+ 22lr, but I sort of stumbled into the deal. Just this week, I traded for an AMT Hardballer Longslide 1911 with a 7" barrel and a 2" compensator, with trigger and action work, a new hammer and an early stainless Caspian frame. It looks like someone made a race gun and I might have a much finer pistol than I first thought when I acquired it. It's like carrying a broadsword around. It is completely unnecessary, but apparently they were used in a video game(here we go with this s*** again) and by The Terminator. I want very badly a nice .357 lever gun. Again, not necessary, but it sure would be fun. Kip.

Matching set of brushed chrome .50 AE Desert Eagles, just because I wanted to be a bad mambajamba and have a matching set of pistols that cost a fortune, weigh more than a fully loaded tackle box and cost an arm and a leg to shoot!!!!!!!!!!:nuts:

I'm nuts about Civil war era percussion revolvers. I have 6 or 7 Colt's and Remingtons that I rarely shoot and spend many a quiet evening fondeling as I imagine a world where men carried such guns, and what it must have been like.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top