JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes I do.
My Gal will be after her 43x is milled.
My son and son inlaw both local Deputy's do also off duty.

My son does on duty.

As far as shooting in the rain both my son and I have shot steel matches in Heavy rain and came thru with flying colors.

20210401_174954.jpg 20210314_100030.jpg 20210310_151200.jpg

There's a split crowd on this. One side says a red dot gives a quick target acquisition edge. Other side says it's one more thing to fail when you need it most. So how did I approach the issue? I carry a Vertx backpack with a SIG Sauer MCX Rattler in .300 Blackout with a Leupold Delta Point Pro 6 MOA. My conceal carry gun doesn't get a red dot. A pistol's sole purpose is to keep you in the fight until you get to your rifle or SBR.

Batteries fail, seals to keep moisture out fail, electronics fail, red dot lense can crack... good ole iron sights don't have these problems.

Personal defense, KEEP IT SIMPLE.

Just curious: do any spec ops or law enforcement agencies globally carry RMRs at all?

Because spec ops and law enforcement are the factors determining whether something is good or not - their choice of equipment is not at all decided by budget constraints. Yes, red dot sights on pistols are and have been popular with military, law enforcement, and special operations groups for nearly a decade now.

In the past there was the "Roland Special" Glock 19 that was popular amongst military units and select LE. More recently, LE agencies across the United States are starting to issue optics equipped pistols since manufacturers are offering optics-capable pistols from the factory: Glock MOS, FN 509 MRD, M&P CORE, the dedicated DPP milling on Sig P320, etc.

Notably, LE agencies across WA State are adopting Glock MOS platform pistols as their standard issue. There's a Centrifuge Training instructor and LE firearms instructor I follow on IG - he frequently talks about his departments optics equipped pistol program and he's local to WA. Think his handle is @Danno1812.

I also despise this notion that "optics fail." It's 2021, not 1770. Technology has progressed. Back in the day people were saying the same garbage about rifles. "Optics will never surpass iron sights!" Guess what... iron sights are almost considered not necessary on rifles given the clear advantages and durability of modern optics such as Aimpoint, Eotech, etc. In fact, in today's age, is it even considered a rifle if there's no optic? Optics equipped pistols are the way of the future. Don't cheap out on your sighting system. Stay away from SightMark and you'll be fine.

Do people really think iron sights don't fail? Come to a high intensity pistol course. You'll see plenty of iron sights fly off the firearm, be pushed to the side and destroy your zero from one handled weapon manipulations, fiber optics fall from the front sight post, etc.

Last Edited:
And this why we have backup iron sights on our RDS Guns.
But how many people do you see that run a dot with stock height sights? I see a ton of them cause they put all their faith in an optic. As long as you have a plan B your good to go. But if all your eggs are in one basket I hope you are ready for disappointment.

Because spec ops and law enforcement are the factors determining whether something is good or not - their choice of equipment is not at all decided by budget constraints. Yes, red dot sights on pistols are and have been popular with military, law enforcement, and special operations groups for nearly a decade now.

In the past there was the "Roland Special" Glock 19 that was popular amongst military units and select LE. More recently, LE agencies across the United States are starting to issue optics equipped pistols since manufacturers are offering optics-capable pistols from the factory: Glock MOS, FN 509 MRD, M&P CORE, the dedicated DPP milling on Sig P320, etc.

Notably, LE agencies across WA State are adopting Glock MOS platform pistols as their standard issue. There's a Centrifuge Training instructor and LE firearms instructor I follow on IG - he frequently talks about his departments optics equipped pistol program and he's local to WA. Think his handle is @Danno1812.

I also despise this notion that "optics fail." It's 2021, not 1770. Technology has progressed. Back in the day people were saying the same garbage about rifles. "Optics will never surpass iron sights!" Guess what... iron sights are almost considered not necessary on rifles given the clear advantages and durability of modern optics such as Aimpoint, Eotech, etc. In fact, in today's age, is it even considered a rifle if there's no optic? Optics equipped pistols are the way of the future. Don't cheap out on your sighting system. Stay away from SightMark and you'll be fine.

Do people really think iron sights don't fail? Come to a high intensity pistol course. You'll see plenty of iron sights fly off the firearm, be pushed to the side and destroy your zero from one handled weapon manipulations, fiber optics fall from the front sight post, etc.
Everything will fail with enough pressure. Another reason all my iron sights have retention screws. But I've seen those fail as well.

But how many people do you see that run a dot with stock height sights? I see a ton of them cause they put all their faith in an optic. As long as you have a plan B your good to go. But if all your eggs are in one basket I hope you are ready for disappointment.

I agree with you...
Those people are not serious about winning the fight and coming home to family.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top