JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does a CCl give you the right to carry an umbrella gun or a bananna pistol or any other firearm that looks like something else? Also has anyone ever owned or fired a disguised weapon?:cool:

Last Edited:
Maybe an SS belt buckle gun. It's C&R, but at well over $15K not practical when the police take it. Besides, a belt buckle the size of 2 or 3 cigarette packs with SS runes and a big swastika isn't really sneaky.

Last Edited:
Maybe an SS belt buckle gun. It's C&R, but at well over $15K not practical when the police take it. Besides, a belt buckle the size of 2 or 3 cigarette packs with SS runes and a big swastika isn't really sneaky.

ha! yeah.... I think that would draw more than a little attention... there are these NAA .22 mini-revolver belt buckles But not nearly as cool as a banana gun or umbrella gun... or fembot...

This is a great how to for concealing weapons...

E-mails from an bubblegum

Hahahahaha!!!:s0114:
Priceless!

But seriously folks, wasn't it in Doctor Zhivago where somebody says, "Ah - a knife! But when you put it with a fork and a spoon,...."

Likewise, a guy I know in CA always carries a baseball bat in his car - along with a ball and glove.

So sword canes or whatever may be cool as heck, but the real game is about hiding things in plain sight.

How about a firearm made to look like a squirt gun or one of those nerf dart shooting rifles? I'll bet someone has already made one of these. Talk about hidden in plain sight! Just don't let Jr. get hold of it.

Some dude in TN tried open-carrying his AK-style pistol... with the muzzle painted orange like a toy. Local LEOs did not approve.

That guy is one that went looking for trouble and got it. He was not an innocent victim of any kind. I read a lot about it a year or so ago there are PAGES of stuff about him across the gun boards.

I cant recall the specifics of that one but I know in WA it would not be illegal to do that. Not smart to go looking for trouble doing that, but not illegal. Just because you are right does not mean you wont end up detained/arrested/in court and costing you lots of $$$.

Well I did try a banana gun once but I couldnt fire the dang thing, my finger kept slipping off the trigger. The umbrella gun doesnt work in the Pacific North West either cause its always in umbrella mode and the powder gets wet every time.

I just wish these guys would start producing these. Talk about a good hiking/camping carry. This would be a Glock based firearm I would buy.

YouTube - Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2

Well I did try a banana gun once but I couldnt fire the dang thing, my finger kept slipping off the trigger. The umbrella gun doesnt work in the Pacific North West either cause its always in umbrella mode and the powder gets wet every time.

I just wish these guys would start producing these. Talk about a good hiking/camping carry. This would be a Glock based firearm I would buy.

YouTube - Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2

That was originally a Eugene Stoner design. I would definitely buy one if someone produced them.

ARES FMG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fmg02pl1.jpg

Maybe disguise it a as a retractable dog leash?

It was my understanding that anything that can be shot while still in it's disguised configuration is a controlled item.

Two examples come to mind.

Cobray used to make something called the "operational briefcase". It was an average looking briefcase designed to carry the Mac-10. It had a small hole on the side which functioned as a firing port. A lever led from the trigger to the case handle. It was classed as an "assassination device" and required a tax stamp. (I've heard that the secret service has something similiar for protection details)

Galco used to produce a "wallet holster" for the AMT backup. It resembled a leather wallet but had a hole in the center for the trigger and a pin inside which activated the grip safety. ATF shut down production of these and I believe using one requires an AOW.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top