JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yup, that's what it was today. Think I was number 70 or something like that.

Sweet Jebus, I haven't seen one that bad in doing backgrounds on the side biz, though I do remember some in the 2013-2014 at the FFL/SOT I did biz with back then that took freaking hours on the final transfer of some NFA items. "Instant" background check my azz.

Well, IMHO a great reason to buy a Glock beyond the dead nuts reliability and price point etc. is the GSSF Glock Shooting Sports Foundation.
I think its $35 a year with discounts for multi year or life memberships. Their matches are fun and the outdoor matches I've attended always have an armorer there to do repairs or upgrades for free.
Check them.out once you get your Glock.
Have fun!
If you do a multi year membership you get to buy one at Blue Label pricing. Of course I didn't know that when I did my one year membership. :(

If you do a multi year membership you get to buy one at Blue Label pricing. Of course I didn't know that when I did my one year membership. :(
You should have gotten a discount card at the end of your first year. If that year is up, call GSSF and ask them for another card. When you go life or multi-year, they send you a Blue Label card at the start of each membership year. Single year membership gets it at the end of the year

You should have gotten a discount card at the end of your first year. If that year is up, call GSSF and ask them for another card. When you go life or multi-year, they send you a Blue Label card at the start of each membership year. Single year membership gets it at the end of the year
Thanks! Just signed up this summer. So will have a little bit of a wait. My buddy did 2 years and got his right away.

It really doesn't matter if I show a pic of a Glock recoil spring with a Gen3 because it can't be verified that I purchased the gun new or what state I bought it or that I didn't replace it myself after purchase.
But being true to your "could be" I mean what would it take to go to a gun store and ask if they can show you a new Gen3 and what type of recoil spring that it comes with inside?View attachment 630342

Is that a Glock 26 by chance?

I finally decided I should own at least one Glock, probably a G17. Used Glock prices consistently seem pretty close to new, no matter what generation, and with the transfer fee it gets even closer. Any reason to not just buy a new one? One of the things that make me hesitant is it seems like a lot of people are trying to get rid of their Gen 5's and it makes me wonder if I'm missing something that you can't tell from a few sessions at the range. I should add that for me, anything within ~$200 of new, my inclination is to just go get a new one.

In the absence of a smoking deal, do most of you just buy new these days?
I bought one new and the rest were "built" from parts.
A way to get a deal, is to purchase a police trade-in.
It's easy to freshen up a used Glock because the parts that wear are cheap and easily replaced.
For the best prices on police trade-ins it's GT Distributors. The 9mm's sell out fast.

@Tarawa86 I also ventured into Glocks for the first time this year. I wanted a gun that was faster than my GP100 and more reliable than my 1911. So I traded for a used Gen 4 G19 with another member and started experimenting different drills at the range. To make a long story short, I am a convert. I ended up buying a couple of new Gen 5 Glocks. Glocks are not expensive as new firearms go, at least not if you're used to buying steel/wood firearms. If money is tight you can easily find a safe queen to sell or trade into a new Glock for around 5 bills. I don't like paying for people's custom modifications, so I prefer to buy new. Your mileage may vary.

People knock the front serrations of the Gen 5, but I find they are very helpful for dry firing w/ snap caps. You can press check and reset the trigger without dropping the mag. Supposedly the Gen 5 trigger is smoother than the Gen 4, but I really can't tell the difference. I recommend paying for the MOS model, to give yourself the option of an RMR later. Glocks with the MOS cuts hold their resale value pretty well. All in all, I am very happy with mine. As a home defense or personal defense weapon I trust them 100%. However, if I had to hit the bullseye with $100 on the line, there is no way to beat a good single action trigger pull.

Best of luck.

I bought one new and the rest were "built" from parts.
A way to get a deal, is to purchase a police trade-in.
It's easy to freshen up a used Glock because the parts that wear are cheap and easily replaced.
For the best prices on police trade-ins it's GT Distributors. The 9mm's sell out fast.

The sites you and others have mentioned definitely appear to have some good deals on police trade-ins. However, after factoring in shipping, BG check fee at an FFL, and refurb parts, it just doesn't seem to pencil out when you can just get a new one for a C-note more.

I'm actually scooping up one of the G5 17's mentioned up-thread by @OregonArmsAmmo. Great deal and they are my hometown team.

The sites you and others have mentioned definitely appear to have some good deals on police trade-ins. However, after factoring in shipping, BG check fee at an FFL, and refurb parts, it just doesn't seem to pencil out when you can just get a new one for a C-note more.

I'm actually scooping up one of the G5 17's mentioned up-thread by @OregonArmsAmmo. Great deal and they are my hometown team.

Matt and Tony have more than earned my business!

You'll like that pistol.
Also, you may want to think about sights.
Glock has a few options that can be added to a new purchase.
They have the Ameriglo Bold sights which I have and like.

If you go with upgraded sights, make sure POA/POI is what you want.

I use the cheapo polymer sights to bench the gun, then I do the "sight math" if needed and order the upgraded sights.
GTD has the Bolds for $90

California has a law that doesn't allow the new generations to be sold but with the exception only to military or law enforcement.
I'm not quite sure but a civilian may not even be able to buy Gen3s new in California since 2018 because of the recertifications and requirements for the gun manufacturers to pass ...
for example a micro stamp on a gun's firing pin that leaves a signature to identify the gun the cartridge came from.
Folks can still buy Gen 3 Glocks in the PRK. That is all a shop can legally sell civilians. If a cop wants to sell his Gen 4 or higher to a civilian, it can be done "infrequently". Some cops got busted for buying bunches of off,-roster pistols then selling them at extortionate prices. Anything new that gets on the roster must have microstamping, but guns already on the roster can stay there as long as their makers pay a renewal grift to the CADOJ. GLOCK sells Gen 3s by the ton in the PRK so they will keep production of Gen 3s going as long as they are profitable, which looks to continue for quite a while.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top