JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
For my Christmas present I bought myself a tisas Yukon 10 mm. After getting the gun from Battle Hawk Armory I started noticing that the slide to frame fit was lacking. This gun is a real rattle can. After 3 attempts with tisas they finally got back to me. They asked me to send them a video showing them the problem. I complied and they said that the slide to frame slop was within tolerance. Don't know how you can say that without measuring it and having the specifications for the tolerance. They say I can send it in but if they find nothing wrong they're going to charge me $60 to send it back.
Contacting the mothership in Turkey yielded no results. The rep from tisas in turkey said that it was impossible that the gun was out of spec because it was checked at the factory. That's pretty ballsy.
Battle Hawk Armory who I bought it from in the Midwest is also of no help. They refuse to get involved in any way instead directing me to SDS. Despite my requesting the tolerances and the specifications for the slide to frame fit SDS USA has gone silent. I feel like I'm just screwed. I recommend that you stay away from companies that will not support you. While TISAS may be tempting, based on my experience, you would be throwing your money away if anything goes south on the gun. They claim to have a lifetime warranty but that doesn't mean jack.

Hmm. Well, can't really say I'm surprised though you're the only person so far I've heard complain about Tisas... Is it just the looseness of the slide that bothers you? Because you may have been spoiled by some of the other higher end 1911s you own. Also, if it's that bad, why did you take delivery of it? You could very easily have said no thanks at your local FFL and sent it back at that point...

There is a Tisas rep over on the 1911 forum. Can't remember his handle, but search a few threads and you should be able to find him.

I have a 45 acp Tisas. Zero complaints and a better fit, finish and trigger than most popular 45's costing 3x as much.

1911s were never meant to be tight fit to the slide, thats a modern era custom gun thing that doesn't really matter. One of my most precise 1911s has some slop to the frame but its a tack driver and will never jam.

The real question is how does it shoot?

For my Christmas present I bought myself a tisas Yukon 10 mm. After getting the gun from Battle Hawk Armory I started noticing that the slide to frame fit was lacking. This gun is a real rattle can. After 3 attempts with tisas they finally got back to me. They asked me to send them a video showing them the problem. I complied and they said that the slide to frame slop was within tolerance. Don't know how you can say that without measuring it and having the specifications for the tolerance. They say I can send it in but if they find nothing wrong they're going to charge me $60 to send it back.
Contacting the mothership in Turkey yielded no results. The rep from tisas in turkey said that it was impossible that the gun was out of spec because it was checked at the factory. That's pretty ballsy.
Battle Hawk Armory who I bought it from in the Midwest is also of no help. They refuse to get involved in any way instead directing me to SDS. Despite my requesting the tolerances and the specifications for the slide to frame fit SDS USA has gone silent. I feel like I'm just screwed. I recommend that you stay away from companies that will not support you. While TISAS may be tempting, based on my experience, you would be throwing your money away if anything goes south on the gun. They claim to have a lifetime warranty but that doesn't mean jack.
Dang that sucks. Sorry to hear it. THx for letting us know. I was studying the EAA 10mm hunter but this has me nervous about turkish 10mm.

Bought a Tisas 1911 A1 Service Grade and a 1911 Tank Commander last year.
Both have been dead nuts reliable.
The Turks are building better 1911's than Colt right now.

Last Edited:
This gun is a real rattle can. After 3 attempts with tisas they finally got back to me. They asked me to send them a video showing them the problem. I complied and they said that the slide to frame slop was within tolerance. Don't know how you can say that without measuring it and having the specifications for the tolerance.
Can you post the video here so we can review?
Battle Hawk Armory who I bought it from in the Midwest is also of no help. They refuse to get involved in any way instead directing me to SDS. Despite my requesting the tolerances and the specifications for the slide to frame fit SDS USA has gone silent. I feel like I'm just screwed.
You didnt get screwed, what your asking for is proprietary information. There is no manufacturing company thats going to hand out their dimensions and tolerances.

You can buy or find the original blueprints online, so they are available. I believe the 2 book set by Jerry Kuhnhausen has dimensions and are the definitive books to get on understanding the 1911. There are some other sites that you can download original prints from or modern prints free. https://d2t1xqejof9utc.cloudfront.net/files/71651/m1911-a1 redux.pdf?1448504081

Got a Girsan 1911 10mm, 6" barrel, love it, clean solid action..

Every Girsan I've seen in my favorite FFL has been nice... I spend virtually every Saturday there helping...

Got a Girsan 1911 10mm, 6" barrel, love it, clean solid action..

Every Girsan I've seen in my favorite FFL has been nice... I spend virtually every Saturday there helping...
My SIL has a 5" that I've handled. Don't know if he's shot it yet, but it sure looks and feels like a nice gun, especially for the money.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads