JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Life had prevented me from shootin it. Thursday I went to my local indoor range and put 200 rnds of weak (1059 fps) 10mm downrange. Shoots to 7 oclock in the 6 to 8 ring at 15 yrds.
Took it home and cleaned it and thats when I noticed that the barrel has now developed movement.
Heres some vids.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/eQ6IdlJws3s?si=9ROJj-XeIXnkEDKV

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y7akurppHxQ?feature=share
Looks like you need an upsized barrel link there…. But what do I know…. Any slide slop does not necessarily directly impact accuracy. But that barrel not locking up tightly sure as heck will.

One thing I've always been entertained by on the firearms forums is the lengths some folks go to just to criticize one model of a firearm, and then, based solely on a sample of only one out of the thousands that leave a factory. The waste of bandwidth! The wear and tear on keyboards! The hyperbole! The "facts" that really aren't fact. But most of all, the emotion by some and the defensiveness by others. It's better than network television or People magazine.

If I gave up on a particular platform or manufacturer solely based on only one firearm that I had first-hand experience with (not anecdotal from some anonymous internet poster) which had issues (even if it turned out to be a total lemon and unsalvageable, which is not the case normally with 1911s), there's not a major manufacturer out there whose guns I'd ever spend money on again.

Guess there's just a lot of quitters and haters out there.

In the meantime, keep those memes, GIFs and videos coming...

This should be easy to understand... but you're a millenial. Go figure.
And you're the generation of lead paint and smoking in the car with the windows up. Hmm.

Holding a pistol upright/straight/sights to the sky/magwell to the floor....
You should review your own comments before you reply. How did you almost shoot yourself in the leg with the sights to the sky and magwell to the floor?

Cd3IaWh.png

aka pistol is not being held to the left or right at all, straight. And while holding the pistol perfectly straight it's being aimed at 1/2 a 90 degree angle aka a 45 degree angle.
...HUH?

6YwaZeW.png

Upright position, sights to the sky, magwell to the floor, not pointed right or left... so... how did it almost shoot you in the leg, again?

Oh and we know you edited your comment to say 45 instead of 90.

vgkHo7n.png

Remove the magazine? lmao No pistol should require the removal of the magazine to chamber a round.
That isn't what I said at all. I said you experienced a malfunction and apparently had to hold the pistol in such an awkward manner that you were pointing it at or near your own leg (your words). If you have to do this to clear a malfunction, YOU SHOULD REMOVE LIVE AMMO FIRST.

Failure to eject? lol No.
Again, please re-read your own comments before replying.

YcbubblegumS.png

You said you were racking the slide with the gun at a weird angle so the SPENT casing wouldn't land back in the chamber. How did you come to be manually ejecting a spent casing, if you didn't have a failure to eject?

I kept the pistol straight to prevent the spent case from landing back in the chamber...
Again. Under what circumstances is this likely to happen?

Let me guess... you got all your covid vaccines... lol millenials.... Never said I pointed it at my feet.
Cd3IaWh.png

There are no holes in my "story". No. I already said what happened... I racked the slide in a safe direction (not at my feet...) and it went off. A weak firing pin spring or an out of spec firing pin is my guess.
That is not what you said originally.

LwdJTZg.png

Cd3IaWh.png

Let's review.

1. You said the firing pin and hit the primer hard enough to set off the round IF YOU RACK IT WITH THE GUN POINTED DOWN.
2. You say because of "Tea Sauce" you almost shot yourself in the leg.
3. You said you held it at a 90 degree angle, then go back and edit your comment to say 45 instead of 90.
4. You are currently saying you held it with sights to the sky, magwell to the ground, pointed at the target with the "accidental" discharge happened... but what about the part where you almost shot yourself in the leg? And the part where you said the problem occurs when you release the slide while pointing the gun downward?

Are you tired of lying, yet?

Let me strip this down to brass tacks.

"If you rack the slide on a Tisas with the muzzle pointed low the firing pin can hit the primer."
"Because of Tea Sauce I almost shot myself in the leg."
"Holding a pistol upright/straight/sights to the sky/magwell to the floor.... aka pistol is not being held to the left or right at all, straight. And while holding the pistol perfectly straight it's being aimed at 1/2 a 90 degree angle aka a 45 degree angle."

Liar. Master class troll, or liar.

One thing I've always been entertained by on the firearms forums is the lengths some folks go to just to criticize one model of a firearm, and then, based solely on a sample of only one out of the thousands that leave a factory. The waste of bandwidth! The wear and tear on keyboards! The hyperbole! The "facts" that really aren't fact. But most of all, the emotion by some and the defensiveness by others. It's better than network television or People magazine.

If I gave up on a particular platform or manufacturer solely based on only one firearm that I had first-hand experience with (not anecdotal from some anonymous internet poster) which had issues (even if it turned out to be a total lemon and unsalvageable, which is not the case normally with 1911s), there's not a major manufacturer out there whose guns I'd ever spend money on again.

Guess there's just a lot of quitters and haters out there.

In the meantime, keep those memes, GIFs and videos coming...
I enjoy calling out liars. It's one of my favorite things to do on the internet, especially when they make it so easy by not even hiding their contradictions.

Life had prevented me from shootin it. Thursday I went to my local indoor range and put 200 rnds of weak (1059 fps) 10mm downrange. Shoots to 7 oclock in the 6 to 8 ring at 15 yrds.
Took it home and cleaned it and thats when I noticed that the barrel has now developed movement.
Heres some vids.

View: https://youtube.com/shorts/eQ6IdlJws3s?si=9ROJj-XeIXnkEDKV

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/y7akurppHxQ?feature=share
A little hard to see exactly how much but the slide to frame slop looks normal.

The barrel slop is not. I hope they take care of that for you.

Glad to see a followup on this.

Old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"

Guns are too expensive and not complicated technology to not get right the first time, though I would judge based on the warranty experience but if that doesn't fix it I wouldn't buy another.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads