JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And you're the generation of lead paint and smoking in the car with the windows up. Hmm.

You should review your own comments before you reply. How did you almost shoot yourself in the leg with the sights to the sky and magwell to the floor?

View attachment 1803703

...HUH?

View attachment 1803705

Upright position, sights to the sky, magwell to the floor, not pointed right or left... so... how did it almost shoot you in the leg, again?

Oh and we know you edited your comment to say 45 instead of 90.

View attachment 1803706

That isn't what I said at all. I said you experienced a malfunction and apparently had to hold the pistol in such an awkward manner that you were pointing it at or near your own leg (your words). If you have to do this to clear a malfunction, YOU SHOULD REMOVE LIVE AMMO FIRST.

Again, please re-read your own comments before replying.

View attachment 1803708

You said you were racking the slide with the gun at a weird angle so the SPENT casing wouldn't land back in the chamber. How did you come to be manually ejecting a spent casing, if you didn't have a failure to eject?

Again. Under what circumstances is this likely to happen?

View attachment 1803709

That is not what you said originally.

View attachment 1803710

View attachment 1803711

Let's review.

1. You said the firing pin and hit the primer hard enough to set off the round IF YOU RACK IT WITH THE GUN POINTED DOWN.
2. You say because of "Tea Sauce" you almost shot yourself in the leg.
3. You said you held it at a 90 degree angle, then go back and edit your comment to say 45 instead of 90.
4. You are currently saying you held it with sights to the sky, magwell to the ground, pointed at the target with the "accidental" discharge happened... but what about the part where you almost shot yourself in the leg? And the part where you said the problem occurs when you release the slide while pointing the gun downward?

Are you tired of lying, yet?

Let me strip this down to brass tacks.

"If you rack the slide on a Tisas with the muzzle pointed low the firing pin can hit the primer."
"Because of Tea Sauce I almost shot myself in the leg."
"Holding a pistol upright/straight/sights to the sky/magwell to the floor.... aka pistol is not being held to the left or right at all, straight. And while holding the pistol perfectly straight it's being aimed at 1/2 a 90 degree angle aka a 45 degree angle."

Liar. Master class troll, or liar.
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,........

Piss ant... Oh no! You caught me!......................

Did you know, lead paint shields your home from harmful electromagnetic energy and radiation? Odd that it got banned right before all the wireless stuff was deployed. Hmmm. Smart meters hit us 24/7 with pulsed wireless radiation and lead would shield from that. No, never ate lead paint chips. Do you recommend them? Based on your replies I'll have to pass.

You're accusing me of being a liar. Strange. If I didn't know any better I'd think you worked for Tea Sauce or something by how much you're defending them. You're trying your best to convince the audience that the 1911 isn't an outdated weapon and I'm fabricating some kind of story. There's absolutety no reason and nothing to gain by fabricating a story in a forum. No lawsuit to win, no free swag to gain, nothing to get from my humble testimony.

Just admit it's an outdated design that can be fired if you rack the slide too hard at a low angle. And that it needs a strong firing pin spring and/or a lighter firing pin. Eventually someone will chime in with a similar experience.

I never said I aimed the pistol at a "weird angle"... 45 degrees isn't a "weird angle". Didn't hold it at a "weird angle"... Held it straight, pointed down at a 45 degree angle. Common practice at gun ranges.

You admitted that older Tisas were garbage and how they now use titanium firing pins. Golly gee willickers, I wonder why they had to upgrade to a more expensive titanium part. Maybe because they had a problem with their guns firing from only racking the slide..... Companies don't upgrade like that for a bargain firearm unless there's a serious problem to justify the additional costs. Companies CUT CORNERS to cut costs - they don't spend more on TITANIUM parts for no reason. That includes Ruger... And the series 80 1911 wasn't invented because the series 70s were a flawless drop-safe design. Series 70s are for competition. Carry at your own risk. I don't give a sh-- what you do.

Tea Sauce chose the older Beretta M9/92FS design that doesn't stop the slide from smashing into your face if/when the slide breaks (at the weak spot) from too much +P+ ammo. Fu-- Tea Sauce.

How many guns come equiped with titanium firing pins? A: Very few. The Ruger LCP 2 and LCP Max, only because they're a cocked and locked hammer fired single action which isn't a common firing mechanism for semis. It has a light pull weight and not alot of sear engagement surface. And it's a pocket gun so it has a higher chance of getting dropped on the ground. All the rest that come with titanium firing pins are.. you guessed it: 1911s.

If the 1911 is the Champion of All Time... then why do some have 1 piece feed ramps and all these other improvement parts? Surely, if it's the Best & The Final Masterwork of Our Lord and Savior, Mr. JMB, it would not need anything done to improve reliability because it is perfection! Same goes for Mr. Stoner and his Wonder Gun.

Do I hate 1911s, the M9/92, and ARs? (and other makes & models....) No. I dislike the original designs. The invention of the hollowpoint and all the different weight bullets and less pointy/blunted dome fmj killed the 1911. I'm Pro Gun, all guns are ok in my book. Carry junk if you want. That's not my problem.

I said I almost shot myself in the leg. Not because I was aiming the pistol directly at my leg. Some people will run with things if you say the magic word that triggers them.

Go get your covid vaccine, millenial.

Last Edited:
1705444284341.png

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,........

Piss ant...

Did you know, lead paint shields your home from harmful electromagnetic energy and radiation. Odd that it got banned right before all the wireless stuff was deployed. Hmmm. No, never ate lead paint chips. Do you recommend them? Based on your replies I'll have to pass.

You're accusing me of being a liar. Strange. If I didn't know any better I'd think you worked for Tea Sauce or something by how much you're defending them. You're trying your best to convince the audience that the 1911 isn't an outdated weapon and I'm fabricating some kind of story. There's absolutety no reason and nothing to gain by fabricating a story in a forum. No lawsuit to win, no free swag to gain, nothing to get from my humble testimony.

Just admit it's an outdated design that can be fired if you rack the slide too hard at a low angle. And that it needs a strong firing pin spring and/or a lighter firing pin. Eventually someone will chime in with a similar experience.

I never said I held the pistol at a "weird angle"... 45 degrees isn't a "weird angle".

You admitted that older Tisas were garbage and how they now use titanium firing pins. Golly gee willickers, I wonder why they had to upgrade to a more expensive titanium part. Maybe because they had a problem with their guns firing from only racking the slide..... Companies don't upgrade like that for a bargain firearm unless there's a serious problem to justify the additional costs.

How many guns come equiped with titanium firing pins? A: Very few. The Ruger LCP 2 and LCP Max, only because they're a cocked and locked single action which isn't a common firing mechanism. All the rest are you guessed it, 1911s.

I said I almost shot myself in the leg. Not because I was aiming the pistol directly at my leg. Some people will run with things if you say the magic word that triggers them.

He's probably gotten 14 of them live saving shots!

Did you know, lead paint shields your home from harmful electromagnetic energy and radiation? Odd that it got banned right before all the wireless stuff was deployed. Hmmm. No, never ate lead paint chips. Do you recommend them? Based on your replies I'll have to pass.
It's really funny that you think this argument makes you look better, lmfao...

You're accusing me of being a liar. Strange.
Yeah, because of the numerous times you changed your story.

If I didn't know any better I'd think you worked for Tea Sauce or something by how much you're defending them.
Nope, wish I was getting paid to deal with people like you, unfortunately I'm just doing it in my spare time. Curse the moment I stumbled across this thread and found your fallacious comments, and my inability to stay out of things that don't concern me.

You're trying your best to convince the audience that the 1911 isn't an outdated weapon
When did I ever say anything about that, at all? I said your story sounds like BS. Because it does.

and I'm fabricating some kind of story. There's absolutety no reason and nothing to gain by fabricating a story in a forum. No lawsuit to win, no free swag to gain, nothing to get from my humble testimony.
Yet people do it all the time. And when your story doesn't line up, and you keep changing the details of it... well...

Just admit it's an outdated design that can be fired if you rack the slide too hard at a low angle.
It's unheard of. It doesn't happen. What CAN happen is if you botch the trigger job and ruin the sear engagement, dropping the slide can release the hammer... and this is probably exactly what you did. Dinking around inside your gun pretending you're a gunsmith and still not even realizing what you did wrong, blaming it on the firing pin instead.

And that it needs a strong firing pin spring and/or a lighter firing pin. Eventually someone will chime in with a similar experience.
I have a Tisas made before they started using titanium firing pins. I cannot get the firing pin to move forward unless I drop the hammer. The spring is plenty strong. You're full of it.

I never said I aimed the pistol at a "weird angle"... 45 degrees isn't a "weird angle". Didn't hold it at a "weird angle"... Held it straight, pointed down at a 45 degree angle. Common practice at gun ranges.
You originally said 90 degrees before you edited your comment, and also that you almost shot yourself in the leg. 2+2= you were pointing it straight down. Then you changed your comment and started saying it was a 45 degree angle, and then started saying it was sights tp the sky and magwell to the ground, and blah blah blah. Backpedaling like a madman.

You admitted that older Tisas were garbage
When they were made differently, yes. They weren't great. But nobody has ever reported a slamfire due to a free floating firing pin, which they do not have, by the way - they are held back with springs. Don't know if you're clear on this.

and how they now use titanium firing pins. Golly gee willickers, I wonder why they had to upgrade to a more expensive titanium part.
Why they HAD to upgrade? Same reason they use forged components and no MIM - they're trying to wrestle the 1911 market away from RIA and Springfield, and they're succeeding.

Maybe because they had a problem with their guns firing from only racking the slide.....
Cite ONE other example of this happening that can't be attributed to a botched trigger job resulting in poor sear engagement. You made this up out of whole cloth.

Companies don't upgrade like that for a bargain firearm unless there's a serious problem to justify the additional costs.
False. Tisas is going for the throats of bigger companies and their tactics are succeeding. Same reason they started shipping them in TSA approved lock boxes instead of cardboard. Are you going to argue that there was a problem with the cardboard and they HAD to upgrade?

That includes Ruger... And the series 80 1911 wasn't invented because the series 70s were a flawless drop-safe design. Series 70s are for competition. Carry at your own risk. I don't give a sh-- what you do.
Series 80 was created due to the SLIM chance that a Series 70 with a steel firing pin dropped directly on its muzzle from SIGNIFICANT height could fire due to the inertia of the firing pin.

But that isn't what we're talking about. You're claiming that it happened not from dropping the gun on the ground, but from dropping the slide. Absolute nonsense.

How many guns come equiped with titanium firing pins? A: Very few. The Ruger LCP 2 and LCP Max, only because they're a cocked and locked single action which isn't a common firing mechanism. And it's a pocket gun that has a higher chance of getting dropped on the ground. All the rest that come with titanium firing pins are.. you guessed it: 1911s.
I'll ask once more. Can you give me any example of a 1911 firing because the inertia from sending the slide into battery sent the firing pin forward with enough energy to fire the gun? Because THAT is what we're talking about. Not drop safety. Stop trying to change the subject.

You said, originally, that you were pointing the gun at 90* - that means down. You also said you almost shot yourself in the leg. Once more for the people in the back - 2+2=You were pointing the gun down.

If that is not the case, you could have simply said "I misspoke", and that would've been the end of it. Instead, you overcorrected and said the sights were at the sky and the mag well was at the ground, suggesting you were holding it level. But then you insist that it was 45*, which, by the way, as I already said, is still unsafe because you can bank a shot up and over your backstop. Do better with your gun safety.

Yeah, I do need to upgrade my 5G, good idea.

Hey, just so you know, calling me a millennial doesn't hurt my feelings or make you right. You've already proven that you know less, and less safe with guns, and are less mentally stable than I am. So... maybe not the insult you think it is, lmao. Let me know next time you need help opening your email.

I have several made in turkey firearms and they all work as intended in fact 2 of them were NRA's guns of the year which means they out performed all the rest . so put that in your gotta be name brand pipe and smoke it

Nope. No botched trigger jobs, no amateur gunsmithing, nothing of the sort on that $300 Tea Sauce 1911. Even though I am a gunsmith and I am qualified to do trigger jobs.

Someone sent you to do damage control. Obviously. You joined this forum to defend the $300 1911. lol

Talk all you want.... You know I'm right.

You're still claiming there's no chance it could happen. Then WHY do they spend more on installing the lighter weight titanium firing pins in $300 budget pistols?? It's not just a feature to help them sell better............. The low price & fit and finish sells them. They don't need hidden titanium parts to sell.

Kinda reminds me of Tanfoglios... all slick n' perdy on the outside but rough and gritty on the inside. Old Rugers, complete opposite, rough and unrefined on the outside and slick inside. Different priorities...

Last Edited:
Nope. No botched trigger jobs, no amateur gunsmithing, nothing of the sort on that $300 Tea Sauce 1911. Even though I am a gunsmith and I am qualified to do trigger jobs.
lol, yeah those YouTube degrees in gun smithing are pretty cool, huh?

Someone sent you to do damage control. Obviously. You joined this forum to defend the $300 1911. lol
Have I at any point even addressed the OP of this thread? Nope. Because what he said is believable, and he also had evidence. Unlike you.

Talk all you want.... You know I'm right.
About what? Something that has never happened? Nope.

You're still claiming there's no chance it could happen.
You're still claiming it did.

Then WHY do they spend more on installing the lighter weight titanium firing pins in $300 budget pistols?? It's not just a feature to help them sell better............. The low price & fit and finish sells them. They don't need hidden titanium parts to sell.
Why upgrade the shipping cases? Why include wood grips with the US Army model? Why move the Türkiye stamp to under the dust cover where nobody can see it? Because they are working hard on offering the best possible product for the price. Titanium firing pins made in-house in bulk quantities don't cost that much more, and they provide the perception of higher quality of the higher end guns that include them also.

Also, to improve DROP safety, which is not what we are talking about. You claim that releasing the slide is enough. Zero proof it happened to you, zero evidence that it's ever happened to anyone else, yet you're certain it's a known issue with Tisas.

Kinda reminds me of Tanfoglios... all slick n' perdy on the outside but rough and gritty on the inside. Old Rugers, complete opposite, rough and unrefined on the outside and slick inside.

Out of sheer curiosity, what year was your Tisas made?

You're trying your best to convince the audience that the 1911 isn't an outdated weapon and I'm fabricating some kind of story.
Ah, so you're trying your best to convince us all the 1911 is an outdated weapon. The story is rather convoluted and doesn't really seem as though you're saying what you think you're saying. Just sayin' ...
If the 1911 is the Champion of All Time... then why do some have 1 piece feed ramps and all these other improvement parts? Surely, if it's the Best & The Final Masterwork of Our Lord and Savior, Mr. JMB, it would not need anything done to improve reliabilty because it is perfection! Same goes for Mr. Stoner and his Wonder Gun.
You probably don't need to use so many words to put forth your agenda; pretty clear what you think about 1911s. Most here just say stuff like, "1911s suck." Did I mention that you are basing your opinion of the Tisas, and the 1911 platform in general, on a sample of exactly ONE? Wait, yeah, I did earlier. Never mind.
Do I hate 1911s, the M9/92, and ARs? (and other makes & models....) No. I dislike the original designs. The invention of the hollowpoint and all the different weight bullets and less pointy/blunted dome fmj killed the 1911.
Hey, here's a link to the 1911forum. 203,000 members who seem to actually be fans of the 1911. Direct link to the Tisas sub-form; the Tisas USA rep is onboard as "TisasUSA," if you're so inclined to talk to the guys who sell Tisas pistols every day, work for the company, own them and shoot them. Amazingly enough, there don't seem to be the types of serious issues like what you reported.

Here ya go:
https://www.1911forum.com/forums/tisas.261/

It is outdated. Face it.

No thanks. Sounds like Tea Sauce corrected the problem with a light weight titanium firing pin because there was a problem with their pistols firing unintentionally... The mentally challenged & unscrupulous will continue deny it.
Provide one, just ONE, other instance of it ever happening. I'm not even asking for two, I'm asking for one. Go on, should be easy unless you're a lying sack of steel firing pins.

Last Edited:
It is outdated. Face it.
Well, seems there's several million of us 1911 fans left. Me, I've only been shooting the 1911 since around 1969 or so, what do I know? Perhaps all of us 1911 aficionados are delusional, it's possible, I mean look, there's millions of people that actually like Glocks, too.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top