JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Poked around on a couple sites...

Rockey Brass:
"Washington residents will need to provide a copy or photo of their Drivers License and Concealed Pistol License prior to shipping. Email them to us at [email protected]"

LONEWOLF: "Not shippable to NY/NJ."

Brownells: No mention of restrictions found.

Midway: No mention of restrictions found.

5DTactical: As 80% lowers and frames are NOT considered firearms, the P80 PF940C Compact frame can be shipped directly to your home, no FFL transfer required!

80Pbuilder:
This Product can not be shipped to the following states: New Jersey,Washington

Glockstore:
NOTE: We can no longer ship 80% Lowers to Connecticut, New Jersey or Washington State.

Soooo...looks like everyone is all over the map.

I don't know if I'd say it's essentially a Gen 3.
My G19 clone uses mostly Gen 3 internals but it feels different than a Glock.
I have a Gen 4 "Dot" connector in it and a Gen 5 ejector in it.
And Gen 5 mags.

I have a G19.3 to compare it to and the P80 frame is a different animal.
The P80 is a crowd favorite at the range.
Yeah, probably poor wording. Should have said gen3 compatible. At least that's how they're promoted.

Poked around on a couple sites...

Rockey Brass:
"Washington residents will need to provide a copy or photo of their Drivers License and Concealed Pistol License prior to shipping. Email them to us at [email protected]"

LONEWOLF: "Not shippable to NY/NJ."

Brownells: No mention of restrictions found.

Midway: No mention of restrictions found.

5DTactical: As 80% lowers and frames are NOT considered firearms, the P80 PF940C Compact frame can be shipped directly to your home, no FFL transfer required!

80Pbuilder:
This Product can not be shipped to the following states: New Jersey,Washington

Glockstore:
NOTE: We can no longer ship 80% Lowers to Connecticut, New Jersey or Washington State.

Soooo...looks like everyone is all over the map.
Yep sounds like many are not sure so they are going to play it safe. Can't blame them.

Yep sounds like many are not sure so they are going to play it safe. Can't blame them.
Yep. This happened back in the PRK. Laws were so poorly written and convoluted that out of state dealers just decided it was easier/safer to not sell stuff to California addresses. I too don't blame them. Who has the money for banks of lawyers to sort that crap out? Losing market share is preferable to losing your business in court.

If you are getting your first Glock don't build it. There is a lot more to know than just shopping for what seems to be good. I learned the hard way. I bought a serialized P80 G17/34 lower because I don't care to do the 80% crap myself, only to learn that the P80 locking block was out of spec (too wide) and the slide had too much motion resistance to cycle reliably. Same kind of thing for many other parts, high expectations low performance.

Long story short I dumped probably about $1500 on this G17 after fixing it with parts in various ways, including buying an OEM G17/34 frame to replace the P80 frame, and it works and looks cool, but I am not really happy with it. This is because I could have gotten a stock P10C or better factory striker fired guns that had much better factory parts to begin with for less than 1/3 the cost. Even the Canik TP9SF I had shot so much better than my "custom" glock and it was less than $300 new.

But all that being said having a Glock is part of the firearm experience, a necessity for any self-respecting gun nut. I would wait for a low round count G17 or G19 to come up for <$400 and jump on it. And then take it apart, learn how it works, replace a few parts like the trigger and connector (keeping the originals just in case) and then sell it later on after you are over the experience. Most likely you will get over the experience pretty quickly once you try better factory striker offerings.

Building is not for everyone.
My first Glock was a scratch build and a very positive experience.
My recent P80 build is probably my favorite pistol to shoot.
For those that have built AR's the Glock build is an order of magnitude easier.

:)

The Jews arming up in Warsaw didn't make obtaining a gun near as difficult as this thread makes it out to be.

It's not so bad. Here, I've mapped it out to make it easier to understand

windows-system-calls.jpg

Boom. Unfortunately, since we're gearing up for our biggest trade show of the year, and immediately after I got a week long swing through Montana, I'm not sure when I'm even going to get to take it to the range.

20191107_121521.jpg

Last Edited:
Yup, now just need to get a good holster. Maybe this cool Serpa tactical drop-down holster for daily use...

0-650-blackhawk-serpa-level-2-tactical-holster-black.jpg

Kidding, of course. I'm probably going to go with the alien gear line glock-17-drawing-from-cloak-chest-holster.jpg

Since I1639, 80% Polymers are no longer shipping to Washington. The "undetectable" requirement states 3.5 oz of metal in the receiver. Once you finish the receiver, without slide and barrel it's still technically a "firearm" and does not contain the required metal. It is therefore technically illegal in WA. I've tried and no websites will ship here.
For backup, I just bought G19, G17 and G20 kits.
And it went through normally.

For backup, I just bought G19, G17 and G20 kits.
And it went through normally.
A prime example of this is Ebay. Over the years they have sold, then stopped, then started again many gun related things. Many say it's because they are anti gun. No doubt the owners probably are but, all they care about is making money. When they stop selling something it's because their lawyers are warning them it could cost more than it's worth. When this state put in yet another very poorly written law many companies lawyers probably started to get worried. Took some time to read it over and decide if it was worth it to keep selling. People have to remember that the profit made off something like this is nothing compared to the legal cost if some state decides to come after you. The state has tax payer paid lawyers and many of the people in charge think there is no end to the money if it's something they want to go after. The Co has to pay for it's own lawyers to fight this stuff. So some have just decided they do not want to mess with it. If this gets bad enough I could see some smart people figure out a way to put enough metal in the frame somewhere but for now we seem to be in good shape.

:D

Fun Fact :
My SIG P320F can use common 1911 recoil springs.
So now I have a SIG with a little JMB in it.
Smoke that, Glock Lovers.

:D

I love it when people quote me but completely change what I originally said. It's super neat-o.

Clever points for you!!

I love it when people quote me but completely change what I originally said. It's super neat-o.

Clever points for you!!
You should run for political office. If you can win you will see the definition of people taking what you say out of context :s0140:
I often think many of these politicians must employ a staff of people who do nothing all day but look at every thing ever said by opponents then figure out ways to chop it up and make it say anything they want. It's amazing to watch some times.

"...you...must employ a staff of people who...figure out ways to chop...up...politicians... It's amazing to watch..."

:eek: Are you saying you want to employ a staff of people to chop up politicians, and that you think that sort of violence is "amazing" to watch???:eek:

RED FLAG RED FLAG RED FLAG!!!!!!

:s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews