JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't get hung up on this generation or that...they're all good, just depends on what you like or can tolerate...brass to the face is rather unpleasant in the 3rd generation, but it can be cured or simply tolerated.
Perhaps you are correct. The first Glock I ever handled was the one I bought. It shoots everything and never had a FTF, FTE, or any other failure, and brass did not deflect in my face - maybe the lad to the right, hahahaha. The finger grooves were new to me pistol-wise and do not bother me - I am just not great at shooting it. I did shoot a Gen 3 G19 and found it was a better shooter for me but for some reason I bought the G26 because the G19 was too close in size to the G17 - surely I was wrong. But I will never buy another Glock. Maybe trade the G26.

Glocks are great, but.......

Since I1639, 80% Polymers are no longer shipping to Washington. The "undetectable" requirement states 3.5 oz of metal in the receiver. Once you finish the receiver, without slide and barrel it's still technically a "firearm" and does not contain the required metal. It is therefore technically illegal in WA. I've tried and no websites will ship here.

The P80 frame is essentially Gen3. Many argue more comfortable than factory Glock. Typically @$110-120 on sale. Takes about 20 minutes to machine with the most basic of tools. I've seen complete factory G17 and G19 slide assemblies on Ebay for $200. Lower kit @$50.
If you're patient and even a little crafty, you can build them cheap. On the flip side, the sky is the limit. Best of all -- no paperwork.

Since I1639, 80% Polymers are no longer shipping to Washington. The "undetectable" requirement states 3.5 oz of metal in the receiver. Once you finish the receiver, without slide and barrel it's still technically a "firearm" and does not contain the required metal. It is therefore technically illegal in WA. I've tried and no websites will ship here.
But...the children are safer. Right?

Incorrect.

See the extensive discussion here: Washington - Did Washington just ban 80% lowers and pre-1968 guns?

It was HB 1739 that you are referring to. And I think Brownells and others are still shipping to WA.

Now if "x ray machines commonly utilized at airports" were all incapable of detecting the shape of polymer frames, then yes, I would be concerned that the frame or receiver would violate 9.41.190. But technology generally gets more sensitive over time not less so. 9.41.010(32) could be challenged as vague, but I would not want to be the test case.

Maybe metal 80% frames, built for personal use and not transferred to any prohibited person before or after finishing, would be safer under the vague x-ray component of the new state law.

Fun factoid, the earliest version was called a Glock 82. First one, serial number AA-000:

hgeqbbgl4opdg8ocke5wxrz2h-3dkrpqx1yx08yy_wu-png.614768

You can say "incorrect" all you want, Brownells is one of the companies that no longer ships, nor does MidwayUSA or a couple others I tried.
IF the lower does NOT have 3.7 OZ of metal AND does not have a serial number, then it's illegal in WA.
Thus, an 80% glock style lower- which when completed without slide or barrel is a firearm according to ATF - does not have enough metal, has no serial and is thus illegal.
Just try and order on the website, it won't allow shipping to be calculated.

You can say "incorrect" all you want, Brownells is one of the companies that no longer ships, nor does MidwayUSA or a couple others I tried.
IF the lower does NOT have 3.7 OZ of metal AND does not have a serial number, then it's illegal in WA.
Thus, an 80% glock style lower- which when completed without slide or barrel is a firearm according to ATF - does not have enough metal, has no serial and is thus illegal.

Get an Oregonian PO Box, ship the damn thing there, and say to hell with the tyrants in Olympia. If its not serialized, they have no record of when it was made, thus no way to prove you didn't make it prior to their bogus law going into effect.

Nothing wrong with buying a used Glock.
The wear parts are cheap a nd easily replacement.

The only thing I would avoid is a Glock that was "modded" by a Kitchen Table Gun Plumber.
That, right there! This is not just Glock, but as with the 1911 the Glock is so common, so popular, that the after market of course offers lots of great stuff. Then sadly many "think", they can Smith their own pistol. Results are some times a gun that is no longer safe to load. Remember a while back there was a video posted here of a guy racking rounds into a Glock and got it to fire a couple times just racking a round. IIRC the original post was aimed at "these guns are not safe". Many sharp eyed Glock people spotted right away that it was not a factory Glock but, rather a pistol someone had either built or modified. Whoever did it made a pistol that was not safe to even load.
This is always a slight risk buying used. That you may get a pistol someone tried to work on and made a mess of, so they unload it.

Not that I want one but, for those in WA who do it looks like this may have changed. I just went to Brownells and tried to order a Glock 17 80%. It let me get to the point of putting in my Credit Card to pay, seemed to have no problem with my address. I have an account there so as soon as I started shopping the site knows where I live. So "sounds" like maybe they got worried at first and have now decided it's OK??

I wonder what the OP is going to do now? (No, I did not read all previous 6 pages.:() But I know that I will take down my Gen 3 G17 ad on here. I did some youtubing and net search on what most Glock owners feel is the best generation, and to my surprise it was Gen 2/3 and some loved the Gen 4s if they bought the later production that fixed the extractor problems. So, I am keeping my G17, the G26 will stay, too small for me!

I'm picking up a G5 17 tomorrow morning from @OregonArmsAmmo

Looks like as soon as word got out they sold out:D
Man do I ever remember this with the great .22 shortage that went on for years. I used to order some weekly because working nights I could watch the sites that sold it. Often it would become available in the wee hours here. after I got some under 2 accounts I would put the info out to a group I belong to. With the warning, this will go fast. EVERY damn time some would come back many hours later angry that it was gone. :eek:
That ad looked like a nice deal with those coming with full factory Warranty and all. Have to guess as soon as word got out they sold all they had.

I haven't noticed that problem.
Here's a P80 G19 clone that I built over the summer...
Polymer-80a-I.png

The firearm must contain 3.7 ounces, and the frame or receiver must be visible on an "x ray machine commonly used in airports" whatever that is. Hundreds of thousands of polymer frame pistols throughout Washington did not become illegal to possess.

I haven't noticed that problem.
Here's a P80 G19 clone that I built over the summer...
View attachment 631087

Came out looking nice. I never paid much attention to this since I did not want one. My best guess here is that some places that sell these were leery at first when the new law went in here. Co's of course do not want to end up on the wrong end of a bunch of tax payer paid lawyers. Even a large Co does not want to get some state going after them with basically unlimited funds. So again best guess was Brownells may have decided to stop selling them here until they got their own legal people to look at it and say it was OK again? Again this is just a guess on my part since when I just tried to buy one it sure looked like they had no problem selling it to me.

The P80 frame is essentially Gen3. Many argue more comfortable than factory Glock. Typically @$110-120 on sale. Takes about 20 minutes to machine with the most basic of tools. I've seen complete factory G17 and G19 slide assemblies on Ebay for $200. Lower kit @$50.
If you're patient and even a little crafty, you can build them cheap. On the flip side, the sky is the limit. Best of all -- no paperwork.
I don't know if I'd say it's essentially a Gen 3.
My G19 clone uses mostly Gen 3 internals but it feels different than a Glock.
I have a Gen 4 "Dot" connector in it and a Gen 5 ejector in it.
And Gen 5 mags.

I have a G19.3 to compare it to and the P80 frame is a different animal.
The P80 is a crowd favorite at the range.

Last Edited:
No, I just ordered a new one from a Blue dealer because there isn't any dealer anywhere within my area. Email yesterday that my Glock 17, Gen 5, MOS will be shipped today to my FFL in my town. It should be here maybe by Friday? All my equipment is for a Glock 22, and a change of caliber means a new Glock 17, holsters and all should fit the new pistol. The Gen 5 has all the whistles and bells I would require should I have bought another brand. The only unknown is the trigger that would be a simple fix if the new one isn't as reported. Barrel newer type, almost target grade so they claim. Smaller grip minus the knobs that will better fit my hand, beveled mag well, night sights, caliber that the Department has switched over to from a 40 S&W. Any and all parts on these Glocks are readily available, mostly drop in, updates like magazines are interchangeable and prices and durability are the best. Simple design that are easy to maintain. Many uses for my 40s and even my buy backs can be refurbished to new if needed, but none of mine, or of those buy backs have needed anything other than cleaning and a drop of lube in a couple of places. None have ever had a failure to function. As to determination to buy new or old Glocks, there is no wrong answer. I prefer to buy new when I use it for work, but if the wallet is light, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used one. The used law enforcement ones, that have been traded in for a newer up grade have mainly been carried, and not fired much. Many rounds left to fire on them, and the ones I've seen, you can't go wrong on the prices.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top