JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was lucky and picked up a gen 3 g22 and it came with 5 factory mags 2 30rnd a 9mm conversion barrel and 2 g17 mags and ammo for about 450, and I love the conversion barrel, it essentially gives you a glock 17 and a 22 with just a quick barrel and mag swap.
There are still alot of great private deals on the gen 3s

Gaston Glock is da debil. He be sendin his attack lawyers at me fer sayin dat.

most of his design involves expired JMB patents.

so no, he is not some kind of gun design genius, just lucky enough to score an austrian military contract.

Last Edited:
I kind of did the same thing with a 19 Gen4. The 5's were just coming on to the market at that point. I considered going used, but for me because the prices were typically in the mid $400s I just went new. I've never gotten the impression that you should be particularly leery of used Glocks, but for $50 or so more, why not go new? I haven't heard anything about Gen5s being bad either. I mean did they really significantly change anything besides finger grooves and polygonal barrelling or whatever.

I like Glock & own several in 9, 40 & 10mm but Just bought 2 CZ P10C for $319/ea shipped & no tax from Kentucky gun. So much better than a Glock 19 IMHO, better trigger, short reset & many other things are better. At least do some reading & try one out before you buy.

Nothing wrong with buying a used Glock.
The wear parts are cheap and easily replaced.

The only thing I would avoid is a Glock that was "modded" by a Kitchen Table Gun Plumber.

Last Edited:
Before used gun prices got stupid, never bought brand new guns, except on new makes/models that didn't have a used market. I hunted used bargains. I think I was on my 6th or 7th Glock before I broke down and bought a brand new one.

Now, with used guns being priced stupidly high, I'd just as well have a brand new one. And since UBC is a thing in Oregon, that's even more reason not to buy used unless you're getting a good deal.

I'd go new, if I were you.

here is my 2 cents, join GSSF for two+ years, get a GSSF Coupon for blue label pricing, one per year, and buy a G45, you get the grip length you want with the G17 but the ability to carry comfortable of G19. I am biased because I love my chocolate (or baby poop) G19X, it shoots like a dream. If you are unsure, buy a G48. Same size as Colt 1911 Commander and lighter weight. I have shot Gen 1-5 and if you can find a good Gen4 (clean trigger) great, if not then a Gen5.

I wonder what the OP is going to do now? (No, I did not read all previous 6 pages.:() But I know that I will take down my Gen 3 G17 ad on here. I did some youtubing and net search on what most Glock owners feel is the best generation, and to my surprise it was Gen 2/3 and some loved the Gen 4s if they bought the later production that fixed the extractor problems. So, I am keeping my G17, the G26 will stay, too small for me!

Don't get hung up on this generation or that...they're all good, just depends on what you like or can tolerate...brass to the face is rather unpleasant in the 3rd generation, but it can be cured or simply tolerated.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top