JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like the grandson is ready for 3-gun action, the way he holds that rifle!
A few more years .
He is really good for 7 years old.
Lol I was kneeling down next to and trying to help him hold the gun up .
Lol
He just looks at me and says .
I CAN DO IT .
So I took a step back LOL

What's he shooting? When my older granddaughter turned 10, I got her a Ruger American in .22LR (it's our family custom on 10th birthdays for the oldsters to give the youngsters a rifle). Turns out it's too heavy for her to hold steady without a bag under the forend, even now that she's 13. She'll grow into it, but I think I'll consider a lighter rifle for my younger granddaughter when it's time. By the way, my daughter, who also shoots, posted the girl's recent target in the window by the front door, which she thinks might be a better deterrent than a warning sign in words. The target is pretty ragged with dozens of little bullet holes all inside the 10-ring.

What's he shooting? When my older granddaughter turned 10, I got her a Ruger American in .22LR (it's our family custom on 10th birthdays for the oldsters to give the youngsters a rifle). Turns out it's too heavy for her to hold steady without a bag under the forend, even now that she's 13. She'll grow into it, but I think I'll consider a lighter rifle for my younger granddaughter when it's time. By the way, my daughter, who also shoots, posted the girl's recent target in the window by the front door, which she thinks might be a better deterrent than a warning sign in words. The target is pretty ragged with dozens of little bullet holes all inside the 10-ring.
It's a PSA FREEDOM KIT
It's pretty heavy .
He can hold it up for a bit.
But then he puts it on the table on the mag .
But @HighlandLofts had one of those adjustable bench rest things for the forend.
And it 223/5.56 stock all the way forward.
It has sights and a Sig Romeo 4 red dot on it
All MAGPUL furniture.
This gun IMG_20190405_122641.jpg

Well his Grandfather told me he shot a AR before and liked it .
We went out and he shoots all the guns .
Of course he asked if they are going to kick.
He doesn't shoot big guns .
Like 12gage or 308
30.06 but .
I think he shot my 300 black out.
And a few different 5.56 guns

I have 3 of those PSA FREEDOM kits.
So .
HIGHLAND LOFTS .
Invite me and all the people and showed me a new spot to shoot .
A great spot .
I told him I would give the kit to him for Mason.
He just has to get a lower.

Well his Grandfather told me he shot a AR before and liked it .
We went out and he shoots all the guns .
Of course he asked if they are going to kick.
He doesn't shoot big guns .
Like 12gage or 308
30.06 but .
I think he shot my 300 black out.
And a few different 5.56 guns

Your little guy is smart to ask about kick! My a**hole uncle took me out shooting when I was 8 or 9, handed me his 300 Magnum Weatherby, and laughed when it knocked me on my butt. He also cheated at cards when playing with me and my cousins, so I quit doing anything with him.

Have you (or anyone who cares to chime in) tried the S&W M&P .22? To me, cleaning MSRs is more of a chore than bolt actions, and I don't want to discourage my grandkids who do have to clean whatever they shoot (unless I shoot it, too; then it's my problem).

Your little guy is smart to ask about kick! My a**hole uncle took me out shooting when I was 8 or 9, handed me his 300 Magnum Weatherby, and laughed when it knocked me on my butt. He also cheated at cards when playing with me and my cousins, so I quit doing anything with him.

Have you (or anyone who cares to chime in) tried the S&W M&P .22? To me, cleaning MSRs is more of a chore than bolt actions, and I don't want to discourage my grandkids who do have to clean whatever they shoot (unless I shoot it, too; then it's my problem).
Well I took a bunch of guns out and the other people in my group had a few guns probably 20 different guns .
We came back to my house and BBQ and clean a few but we or I didn't have enough stuff to finish .
All the guns.
Lol I went to the store today and got more CLP and other stuff .
So I am still cleaning guns.
3 days later

I have a 22 coverstion kit for a AR that makes any 223/5.56 shoot 22lr .
So no I have never shoot a Smith and Wesson
M and P 22 .
I don't really like the kit it spits gas in your face under the charging handle.
I need to get a side charging AR upper

For kids a Ruger 22/45 pistol is a great start.
They are lite hardly any recoil .
Or a 10/22 RIFLE is good .
I have both .
And it doesn't matter if it is kids or adults.
Every one who shoots them will shoot them all day long .
I took them out there on Saturday the boys took turns all day Shooting them.
Lol they like the bi pod and sitting at the table Shooting . IMG_20190227_121103.jpg

By the way he is not my little guy.
He is @HighlandLofts grandson.
I met @HighlandLofts on here .
Sent him a PM asking where he goes Shooting .
He contacted me and we made plans .

You can't beat the PSA kits for a good solid budget AR, friends have bought a bunch of them.
Hell yeah they are great for the money.
I have 3 friends that have them.
I up grade mine with the Magpul stuff .
Lol because I have a PROBLEM.
With having matching guns .
Color Rifle and Pistol.
Matching LOL

In case anyone is wondering .
My nephew is the one with the pink ear muffs.
Lol I told him he has to where the pink ones.
Lol.
You want me to hand over thousands of rounds of ammo to you and your friends for a birthday party .
Ok here you go you have to wear these.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads