JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A few more pictures of @HighlandLofts .
Grandson my sister just sent me. 7286.jpeg 7288.jpeg 7290.jpeg 7292.jpeg

What's he shooting? When my older granddaughter turned 10, I got her a Ruger American in .22LR (it's our family custom on 10th birthdays for the oldsters to give the youngsters a rifle). Turns out it's too heavy for her to hold steady without a bag under the forend, even now that she's 13. She'll grow into it, but I think I'll consider a lighter rifle for my younger granddaughter when it's time. By the way, my daughter, who also shoots, posted the girl's recent target in the window by the front door, which she thinks might be a better deterrent than a warning sign in words. The target is pretty ragged with dozens of little bullet holes all inside the 10-ring.

Dan

For a light weight 22lr thats fun for the smaller kids take a look at the Savage Rascle. They are low cost, accuraten and even fun shooting for bigger people.
20190330_171426.jpg
They come with a peep sight and are drilled & tapped for a scope mount. Mason can hit clay pigeons on the gravel bank out 45 - 50 yards.
I buy him sight & see targets that leave a ring you can see from your table when you hit them.
20190330_171426.jpg
Here is a closer pic of his target from march 30th.
20190330_175048.jpg

Dan

For a light weight 22lr thats fun for the smaller kids take a look at the Savage Rascle. They are low cost, accuraten and even fun shooting for bigger people.
View attachment 568108
They come with a peep sight and are drilled & tapped for a scope mount. Mason can hit clay pigeons on the gravel bank out 45 - 50 yards.
I buy him sight & see targets that leave a ring you can see from your table when you hit them.
View attachment 568108
Here is a closer pic of his target from march 30th.
View attachment 568110

Thanks, HL! I've checked out the Savage Rascal, as well as the Crickett and Henry Mini-Bolt. I was hoping to find something the girl could grow into and enjoy at least into her teens, which is why I considered the M&P 15-22 (which turns out to be heavier than the Ruger American!).

Below is my older granddaughter's first mag shot from her Ruger at 25 yards, open sights: upload_2019-4-10_10-10-5.png

upload_2019-4-10_10-10-5.png

Thanks, HL! I've checked out the Savage Rascal, as well as the Crickett and Henry Mini-Bolt. I was hoping to find something the girl could grow into and enjoy at least into her teens, which is why I considered the M&P 15-22 (which turns out to be heavier than the Ruger American!).

Below is my older granddaughter's first mag shot from her Ruger at 25 yards, open sights:View attachment 568138

View attachment 568138
You know if you get a 10/22 RIFLE and put the Magpul stock on it.
The Magpul stock is adjustable it has spacers on the butt that can be removed to make it shorter.

You know if you get a 10/22 RIFLE and put the Magpul stock on it.
The Magpul stock is adjustable it has spacers on the butt that can be removed to make it shorter.
If you buy a S&W M and P 15/22 it will have a adjustable stock . Also .
Lol depends on what the kid wants .
I guess .
Be about the same price .
If you buy the cheapest 10/22 and buy the Magpul stock .
I don't know how much mags are for the S&W
But they have RUGER 25 round mags in a two pack for like 40 bucks.
I have six 25 round mags for mine.

If you buy a S&W M and P 15/22 it will have a adjustable stock . Also .
Lol depends on what the kid wants .
I guess .
Be about the same price .
If you buy the cheapest 10/22 and buy the Magpul stock .
I don't know how much mags are for the S&W
But they have RUGER 25 round mags in a two pack for like 40 bucks.
I have six 25 round mags for mine.
Lol I quote myself again .
Lol not paying attention

Mason is really confident around guns. He has been shooting real guns almost every weekend from spring until winter sets in for three years now. When I had the flu and was sicker then hell I still took him shooting for most of the day. I don't let him go cowboy to often, i like him to take his time and hit what he is shooting at. Next time out i will take clay pigeons to set up on the gravel bank around 75 ysrds or so to shoot at with the 22s.
Ed thank you for the day of shooting. Looking forward to the next Darrington trip.
Maybe the 20th?

Mason is really confident around guns. He has been shooting real guns almost every weekend from spring until winter sets in for three years now. When I had the flu and was sicker then hell I still took him shooting for most of the day. I don't let him go cowboy to often, i like him to take his time and hit what he is shooting at. Next time out i will take clay pigeons to set up on the gravel bank around 75 ysrds or so to shoot at with the 22s.
Ed thank you for the day of shooting. Looking forward to the next Darrington trip.
Maybe the 20th?
Yep it was a little bit hectic with everyone there .
Next time there will not be that much people.
Hell I didn't get to shoot that much I was helping everyone else lol .
But I bet he had fun .
I know the other kids did .
Thanks for letting us come with you.
And taking us to you spot.

We went shooting last Sunday and again today. Today was a late start, I had a few hours of mantaince repare work to doat my wife's sisters daycare. I will be working there for several weekends and a few nights fixing stuff that needs to be done.
I got home at 3;30, finished loading up a hundred 223 cartridges for my grandson to shoot out of the AR15 aquired from EPS. (THANK YOU ED, HE WAS SHOOTING FULL SODA CAMS WITH IT THOS EVENING).
I took fifty 357mag cartridges that I had loaded for Mason.
He got to shoot right up to almost dark.
I shot a little with him for about 45 minutes and then picked up shotgun hulls.
I picked up half a feed bag full, two three gallon buckets and a five gallon bucket full.
We picked up what brass was left behind, only 3-3/4 pounds.

It's all good, it is almost warm enough to start spending to night up there in the mountains.
I need to get a washing machine drum to have a fire in and burn up the shotgun hulls. I tried burning some late last fall and there wete a few live rounds in there that popped. A washing machine tub with the holes ans a good hot fire going in it will burn the old shotgun hulls up and contain the live rounds that get mixed in with the garbage.
When we start doing over nights up there I will start pileing up the burnable garbage and have a nice bon fire with my grandson.

Todays pictures:

Mason shooting his Remington 700 in 223.
20190512_192135.jpg

20190512_203008.jpg
Mason poseing with his AR15, He loves that rifle.
This was today shotgun hull pick up. Five gallons in the feed bag, a five gallon bucket full and 2 - three gallon buckets full.

Here is the brass we picked up. 3 & 3/4 pounds. Finely got some good 30/06 brass.

20190512_204739.jpg

We had a great evening, memories in the making.
--------------------------------------
Pictures from last weekend.

20190505_141049.jpg

20190505_141115.jpg
This mountain is right across the road from where we shoot. It's not that far from where we shoot.
20190505_142602.jpg

Here is a picture from tonight, it was getting dark when we left.
Mason came home and went right to bed.
I had a GREAT TIME!
20190512_210109.jpg

We went shooting last Sunday and again today. Today was a late start, I had a few hours of mantaince repare work to doat my wife's sisters daycare. I will be working there for several weekends and a few nights fixing stuff that needs to be done.
I got home at 3;30, finished loading up a hundred 223 cartridges for my grandson to shoot out of the AR15 aquired from EPS. (THANK YOU ED, HE WAS SHOOTING FULL SODA CAMS WITH IT THOS EVENING).
I took fifty 357mag cartridges that I had loaded for Mason.
He got to shoot right up to almost dark.
I shot a little with him for about 45 minutes and then picked up shotgun hulls.
I picked up half a feed bag full, two three gallon buckets and a five gallon bucket full.
We picked up what brass was left behind, only 3-3/4 pounds.

It's all good, it is almost warm enough to start spending to night up there in the mountains.
I need to get a washing machine drum to have a fire in and burn up the shotgun hulls. I tried burning some late last fall and there wete a few live rounds in there that popped. A washing machine tub with the holes ans a good hot fire going in it will burn the old shotgun hulls up and contain the live rounds that get mixed in with the garbage.
When we start doing over nights up there I will start pileing up the burnable garbage and have a nice bon fire with my grandson.

Todays pictures:

Mason shooting his Remington 700 in 223.
View attachment 578901

View attachment 578902
Mason poseing with his AR15, He loves that rifle.
This was today shotgun hull pick up. Five gallons in the feed bag, a five gallon bucket full and 2 - three gallon buckets full.

Here is the brass we picked up. 3 & 3/4 pounds. Finely got some good 30/06 brass.

View attachment 578903

We had a great evening, memories in the making.
--------------------------------------
Pictures from last weekend.

View attachment 578916

View attachment 578917
This mountain is right across the road from where we shoot. It's not that far from where we shoot.
View attachment 578918

Here is a picture from tonight, it was getting dark when we left.
Mason came home and went right to bed.
I had a GREAT TIME!
View attachment 578919
We are going fishing Tuesday and Wednesday.
But we are planning on going shooting next Saturday. Probably be my sister and her friend Mel.
Lol they got the CPL in the mail Saturday so they are all about Shooting the hand guns.

Your little guy is smart to ask about kick! My a**hole uncle took me out shooting when I was 8 or 9, handed me his 300 Magnum Weatherby, and laughed when it knocked me on my butt. He also cheated at cards when playing with me and my cousins, so I quit doing anything with him.

A lot of A$$holes do this to a new shooter thinking it's funny, it's not. I hate to see people do this especially to women who are new to shooting. Just ruins the fun for them and many times they never want to shoot again.

Oh yeah I got 1000 rounds of 5.56.
500 rounds of 45acp and 1000 rounds of 9mm.
Coming should be delivered today Monday.
HEHEE the FedEx guy just loves me .

They are going to make you get a to forklift to unload all of that ammo you order.

There wasn't any one at the pit when we got there arould 6pm yesterday.
Around 6.30 a car came from the uphill side to exit the woods.
Some one was shooting farther up on the mountainn you could hear them shooting and then they shot some tannerite.

-------------------------------------------------------

My oldest sons lady friend has a cousin that lives in Commiefornia that wanted to go deer hunting. This guy is about 6' 7" and weighing in around 120 pounds, All skin & bones.
Some one told him he needed a 300 Win mag so he went out and bought one. He never shot a gun before, he shot that thing not expecting any recoil it ruined him and now flinches even when someone lets him shoot a 22.

They are going to make you get a to forklift to unload all of that ammo you order.

There wasn't any one at the pit when we got there arould 6pm yesterday.
Around 6.30 a car came from the uphill side to exit the woods.
Some one was shooting farther up on the mountainn you could hear them shooting and then they shot some tannerite.

-------------------------------------------------------

My oldest sons lady friend has a cousin that lives in Commiefornia that wanted to go deer hunting. This guy is about 6' 7" and weighing in around 120 pounds, All skin & bones.
Some one told him he needed a 300 Win mag so he went out and bought one. He never shot a gun before, he shot that thing not expecting any recoil it ruined him and now flinches even when someone lets him shoot a 22.
Yep remember I was going to let Mason shoot that 20ga but I shot it first .
That thing is so light it kicks with light bird shot.

We made it back up there this afternoon
Saturday the weather sucked, Sunday I did repair work at the wife's sisyers daycare from 10am until 8pm and back down there again this morning from 10 to 1. Got home and had to mow the lawn.
I took Mason out to at 5pm. He shot a couple of 357 revolvers, the single-six, an old Sheridan 22lr single shot and the AR15.
i spent time shooting with him so I didn't get to pick up much gargage. Only about 3/4 of a five gallon bucket of shotgu hulls and about fifteen pounds of brass.
The bugs started biting just before 8pm so we loaded up & headed home. We stopped at the Shell station at Sweede Haven Road so Madon could grab some ice cream.

20190527_200646.jpg 20190527_200810.jpg

20190601_114706.jpg

Another great day at the Darrington Pit. We left Arlington at 7 and got up there a around 7.45. I got our table & chairs set up so Mason could shoot while I picked up shotgun hulls. The upper pit is about cleaned up of shotgun hulls. There was only about a quart of brass that we picked up.
Ed (EPS) got there around 8.45 with his sisyet's friend and his sister and friend came there about 45 minutes after that.
There was two cars down in the lower pit shooting. Four guys came in a car and asked if they could set up beside us which was Ok.
A lot of shooting took place. Them AR type guns can sure eat up the ammunition in a hell of a hurry.
I could only stay until noon, Mason had a birthday party to go to in Monroe. Ed was going to stay until 3.30 or so.
I'm sure he will post on todays shoot later today.

20190601_082725.jpg

View attachment 585695

There was only three 5 gallon buckets of shougun hulls there to pick up.

20190601_082725.jpg 20190601_114706.jpg 20190601_114848.jpg

20190601_111952.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews