JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
WTF!!!!
That video gave me anxiety!

Even before the wheelchair guy.
If doing a moving drill you do one person at a time, then to have them turn with their firearm!
Some of those people advanced faster than others. Then the guy in the wheelchair is shooting with people in front of them not too far from the side, and then the instructor bouncing him around!
Good Lord, I felt unsafe just watching the video.

cant figure out why they would have the students turn around with their guns pointed straight up....

cant figure out why they would have the students turn around with their guns pointed straight up....
There's really no safe direction when they're a mob instead of a firing line. o_O

Next lesson: Mexican carry and tactical reloads while driving blindfolded. :rolleyes:
Followed, I suppose, by how to apply an Israeli Bandage. :D

I hope they follow up with a class on how to apply a CAT AND A CHEST SEAL AND HOW TO CALL 911or hopefully they did that before the shooting part

They wanted them to turn around so they could see the bullet coming from the guy in the wheelchair being pushed across what seemed to be a River bed by the looks of the rocks

I saw a drill on the Sportsman Channel the other night where this "instructor" was showing how to do a turn and shoot drill where you had an unarmed person hanging on to your back, trying to escape an active shooter scenario. He had two pairs of people doing the drill, and one of the gals continually dropped the muzzle and swept the other pair on her side. And they took this all the way to production and airing. He was more interested in training two sets of people than slowing down a bit and making sure that one team did it correctly. His whole manner was very rushed.

His other fantastic instruction was to proceed with your gun held in what he called "ten o clock" position, with was basically the gun held high and muzzle pointed up, completely delaying your presentation to the threat and allowing for poor sighting and big time muzzle drop. He could not teach the pull back chest hold position in a pairs situation for just that reason of a direct point. It is so maddening to see people pay for and to be trained in dangerous ways, and even more so to see it presented on TV for the masses to absorb or laugh at.

I guess the lesson learned here is to do your homework on the instructor , before signing up for a class.

When teaching a technique , safety should come first.
Then tailor the technique to the needs and ability to the one you are teaching.
Just seems like common sense to me.
But what do I know?
Andy

Yeah either find a place that has well qualified people and focuses on safety,
Or I like the idea of taking instruction from ex-Military/LEOs.

Not johnny online trained instructor.
I like this but ...
How I was taught to clear a room while in the Army , wouldn't necessary be how I clear a room in my house today.
Just saying how folks were trained one way in one place , may not make them the expert or instructor that you need.
Andy

its gotta be a really bad feeling that sinks in when about 30 minutes into your class you realize you got screwed out of hundreds of dollars you could have spent at a qualified trainer. Its got to be an even worse bad feeling as you contemplate walking out after the first muzzle sweep.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top