JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Practice and safe habits are key.
Also shooting with a purpose is important.
No just blasting away at stuff.
Even when plinking , I try my skill.
Trying to hit that small odd colored rock or shell casing at range while you are hot and tired after walking a bit ( or cold and wet ) is a skill well worth mastering.

Finding what works for you and sticking with it is huge.
It may not be a NRA approved stance , but if you can hit what you need , handle your firearm comfortably and remain safe , then that's how you need to shoot.
Andy

I've been hitting the range a few times recently after working a graveyard shift. With the recent cold/cruddy weather, that also adds another challenge to being tired & hungry...

My thought being try to practice occasionally when its not all sunny & nice, and your stomach is full...because it probably won't be when you need to rely on your judgement & skills.

Imagine how bad the felling would be if you stayed in the class and got shot by one of these idiots. You should never hesitate to walk out of a class if you have safety concerns.
oh, Im not saying I would hesitate. There is some processing time between when you arrive and when the line is crossed is all, that uneasy feeling you get that gets stronger until the light goes on and you say Im outta here. Its different for everyone to contemplate, possibly a moment of disbelief... did I just see that? did he just really say that? After all you go into the experience under the impression that these guys are the professionals and I'm certain they boasted their impeccable safety record and your the student eager to learn.

Again not wanting to sound like a wet blanket but ...
Just 'cause someone has military training dosen't automatically make 'em a good source of training.
The military does do things differently than many folks.
Plus there are folks out there who served , even those in "Super Silly " units , that have no business teaching or handling guns.

Case in point.
I served in L.R.R.P / LRSD units in my Army career.
In these you had to be both Airborne and Ranger qualified.
I also have four combat tours.
All this does not make me an expert at anything.

That being said how we did things then and there is not how I might shoot now.
Like anyone I have good habits and bad.
What I do or how I handle a firearm works for me ... but may not for others.
Andy
Indeed. People might be surprised to know that a whole bunch of active-duty military get "basic" to beyond firearms training in the private sector and that those instructors there may well have served in the military proper but not necessarily.. they are generally very well specialized in that field of instruction however.

Oh, I tried to click on that OP link and.. anyway, here's a simple youtube clicky to spare others unnecessary pain and suffering..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top