JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Granted, there is no substitute for education from parents and grandparents, but throwing it out there: what activities, training, and related did you find helpful teaching the wee one set? Any to avoid? Any competition types that were a hit or a miss?

Thanks for sharing.

Whenever I taught someone *, who was new to shooting...how to shoot I would :
First shoot an apple ....Just to show that there are no "do overs" and mistakes with firearms can be life altering.

I also started them with a single shot .22 rifle.
With that said...much of my .22 rifle shooting is still done with a single shot .22 rifle... :D

In any event...
I try to have them get into a comfortable and safe , if not necessarily a NRA or Drill Sergeant approved stance...
And had them focus on where they want the bullet to hit ...as well as attention to sight picture and trigger squeeze....
Then repeat.
Never worrying about what the other shooters around them are doing...Just try to make your next shot better than your last shot.

Targets....paper....spent shotgun shells...clay bird and their bits... Plastic Army Men....all make for good ones.
Andy
* of any age...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR