JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is what it is, public use of a firearm falls under public use laws.
Lets not pretend, that there is a not defied left or right any longer.

And seriously, if one owns a firearm you should be thinking how your small actions will no doubt be blown up.

Reality, its a concept many choose to ignore.

Argus
Preachy much?

I was out at Wolf Creek in early December and saw what I assume to be the "tweaker" couple in question. Their van was parked right in front of one of the more popular lanes bright and early in the morning with what appeared to be a blown tire. The van didn't look drive-able or serviceable even if it wasn't for the tire. They came out and said we were free to shoot while they were there, but neither I nor my pals felt at ease with them around so we high-tailed over to a different lane further away.

I was out at Wolf Creek in early December and saw what I assume to be the "tweaker" couple in question. Their van was parked right in front of one of the more popular lanes bright and early in the morning with what appeared to be a blown tire. The van didn't look drive-able or serviceable even if it wasn't for the tire. They came out and said we were free to shoot while they were there, but neither I nor my pals felt at ease with them around so we high-tailed over to a different lane further away.
Stay salty.

Preachy much?
Case in point. Studied law along time.
Any firearm owner ends up in court its bad for everyone regardless of right or wrong.
Its a selfish arrogant act. The more I hear firearm owners squawk,
there more I know our days are numbered. Someone always justifies the acts regardless of the consequences.
SB941 came about, because yahoos wanted to open carry and racked them in the Salem capital while a pro rally was
going on. This long slide was because of ignorance. The Antis just capitalized on it.
Antis who had no members tripled overnight. Id prefer it if my fellow firearm owners used common sense.
We are at war, taking a shot across the bow, just for SAG is bad choice making.
But sure lets give antis more. So they can ban public land use. I have a ranch so could care less.
But seems I do more then most.

Argus

You know, it Ordained and everything.
I give firearm owners a discount.
On marriages and divorces. Two fer same day if needed.
Now that's funny right there.jpg

I've been target practicing in the same place on BLM land for years, and for the last year I haven't had the place to myself. One time there was even some homeless guy living out of his car parked there.

I've been target practicing in the same place on BLM land for years, and for the last year I haven't had the place to myself. One time there was even some homeless guy living out of his car parked there.
Gonna start seeing more of this too with the sweeps down town pushing them further out. They go in clear out camps and go "see we fixed it no more homeless here" without actually addressing the issue because now they just move into neighbor hoods and the surrounding woods. I'd be more concerned about the ones in the hills because they probably have a reason they can't be closer to town.

Which begs the question; are you really homeless if your vehicle is acting as your home? Are full-time RVers technically homeless?
No fixed property to park said car or trailer, homeless. Have the trailer parked in a designated rv parking space with sewage, electrical, and water hookups? Not homeless.

Gonna start seeing more of this too with the sweeps down town pushing them further out. They go in clear out camps and go "see we fixed it no more homeless here" without actually addressing the issue because now they just move into neighbor hoods and the surrounding woods. I'd be more concerned about the ones in the hills because they probably have a reason they can't be closer to town.
I got a text message from one of my neighbors this morning, and she lives at the end of a quarter mile long road, on 40 acres of land.

Someone knocked on her front door last night at 11:00.

Nobody reported seeing a car driving on her road, so whoever it was walked in.

She needs to put up some cameras, and other security. She's new to this area, and I haven't met her in person yet.

I've had a similar experience where I have gone to shoot in the woodlands above Walton, Or.
Small flat opening in the Coast Range with a hillside backstop...close to the access road.
Out in the middle of nowhere. Shot there for a number of years....Now, more often than not homeless camped out there. Significantly more trash dumping in what used to be clean coastal woodlands. Pretty sad.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA