JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Folks like this give us all a bad rap. Any of our law enforcement folk want to chime in on this?

IMG_4186.png IMG_4187.png IMG_4190.png

I would have sided with the OP until he said he'd have shot them dead right there if there would have been no consequences. Yikes. That old couple sounds about as annoying as they come.

That's the reason I don't shoot at public ranges
"Private" ranges aren't necessarily any better. I belong to a few and at one point a group got mad at me for shooting my .50 rifle because they didn't bring ear pro.... Excuse me, what? You didn't bring ear pro to the GUN range? Well that sucks because I'm sending out 170dB+ blasts in about 5 seconds

This is the reason I prefer to have someone with me as a second set of eyes. Two issues I see here.

First, the brass hoes can wait until the range isn't occupied, the brass isn't going anywhere. And it's not their place to enforce the range rules.

Second, picking up and firing down range when someone is on the range, regardless of who they are, is not acceptable. This shooter is both dangerous and reckless. Not unlike many I've encountered on public lands.

This shooter should be outed so those of us who do use public lands for shooting can readily identify him and stay clear.

And agreed, Knobgoblin, just another reason to stay away from people in general. Seems everyone is on edge and has a me, me, me attitude.

So sad…

Soooo...
How do we know that anything in the OP actually happened...?
After it is the internet...where one can post almost anything.
Andy
Well, we don't... However it sounds pretty believable to me. Now why would one post about endangering other's lives... That's another thing altogether

Well, we don't... However it sounds pretty believable to me. Now why would one post about endangering other's lives... That's another thing altogether
Not sure I believe it ...but it could be true...I wasn't there.

As far as posting about endangering other's lives....
Have you read much of our forum....?
Not so much posts about endangering people's lives...but plenty of :
You sure you really want to say that ...for everyone to read and screenshot....Lots of those on here...:eek: :D
Andy

Just bring a loud stereo and play baby shark/mariah Carrie's all i want for Christmas on repeat. Put on your hearing protection and let them tweek to doo doo doo loud high pitch serenading...

If that don't get them packing up then start karaoke singing.

I get being annoyed with their antics, but to shoot with them on the range at steel? That's insane. That guy has no business owning a firearm doing that. And to double down in his reply and say he'd be fine killing them? Jesus.

I would have called it a loss and packed up. Even if he got on a physical altercation over all this (no guns involved) all it's going to do is get him in hot water.. I would have just called it quits. Besides, he could have driven down a few miles to Salmonberry and just shot in the dark there.

How does one "fire a burst or 10"...from a AR...?
( From the post in the OP )

I understand that many folks , even gun owners ain't all that savvy with firearm terms....but still.
The post in the OP...seems made up to me.
Andy

Last Edited:
Now why would one post about endangering other's lives... That's another thing altogether
Because (if real) the guy is obviously looking for a fight.

He has a superior 'I'm a cool gun owner, larper, I'll do what I want because it's my right' attitude, and you people are just old tweakers.

Just another 'idealistic' new gun owner for all the wrong reasons who (once again if real) will most likely get himself into trouble with an attitude like he has.

Me he's got one of the bumpidty stocks

:eek:
Could be...didn't think of that.

The post , to me at least , just reads like a made up , pot stirring , attention seeking rant.
Again...I wasn't there...and not much happens these days that surprises me....so it could be true.
However...I ain't taking some random screen shot of a rant as the gospel truth.
Andy

Could be...didn't think of that.

The post , to me at least , just reads like a made up , pot stirring , attention seeking rant.
Again...I wasn't there...and not much happens these days that surprises me....so it could be true.
However...I ain't taking some random screen shot of a rant as the gospel truth.
Andy
Point. Easy enough for a bent anti-gun person to write up that kind of scenario just to bait people or draw negative attention to the gun community. That being said, if it IS true that dude's a felony waiting to happen. No bueno.

A question I have is, what if he really DID shoot them dead? What then? I imagine solving a nighttime murder at a public range would be difficult at best.... Trigger happy hot heads aren't something I'd usually think to worry about in the woods

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews