JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Credit card purchases have been tracked since the patriot act years ago. They only bring it up now to cause fear.
Pretty big difference between "tracked as a sporting goods purchase" vs "tracked as a firearm purchase", IMO.
That's a de facto firearms registry (no matter how you choose to look at it) and it's patently illegal under US law.

As you say, it's about trust... And I don't trust those motherphuq'rz...

Last Edited:
Well. It may be an isolated card issuer, but proof has now surfaced that at least some CC issue banks are declining purchases based on the new codes.

1670857640960.png
(Taken from merchants POS screen)

It's not clear if it was an actual CC or a bank debit card, and it appears the decline was issued by that persons specific bank, but it's disheartening to see any financial instituion banning a legal purchase of goods simply because they be woke!

So 6 years ago when I set up my business I had to shop around to find a bank that not only wanted my business but would support my business with what they call merchant services, part of that is credit card transactions. Bigger banks owned or supported by the likes of Soros and Gates flat out refused my business one other bank said they'd be happy to take my money but would not provide me with the support services. I found a bank that meets my needs just fine and those other seem to be doing just fine without me. A side note, I sell my ammo to two local gun shops and their checks are drawn on the same bank as I use. So there must be something there I think.

Last Edited:
The problem with something like this is no one has a clue is it fake? Anyone can make up something like that and claim its anything. So if this is really happening where is the news release from places like Midway saying "sorry we can no longer take plastic?" When the big retailers like Midway or SGammo tell me they can't take my plastic I will then believe it.

Well. It may be an isolated card issuer, but proof has now surfaced that at least some CC issue banks are declining purchases based on the new codes.

View attachment 1328800

It's not clear if it was an actual CC or a bank debit card, and it appears the decline was issued by that persons specific bank, but it's disheartening to see any financial instituion banning a legal purchase of goods simply because they be woke!
Time to cut that card in half, return it to the bank with an explanation that your chosen financial institution should either support the constitution of the country in which they do business or at the very least take a neutral position…

I'd remove all accounts from said financial institution.

So 6 years ago when I set up my business I had to shop around to find a bank that not only wanted my business but would support my business with what they call merchant services, part of that is credit card transactions. Bigger banks owned or supported by the likes of Soros and Gates flat out refused my business one other bank said they'd be happy to take my money but would not provide me with the support services. I found a bank that meets my needs just fine and those other seem to be doing just fine without me. A side note, I sell my ammo to two local gun shops and their checks are drawn on the same bank as I use. So there must be something there I think.
I have long said this. Banks that decide they want to go "woke"? Great. Someone who wants money will take the business they no longer want. Soon stock holders will make their voice heard since they also want to make money.

The fun never ends. But it does make one think, if it's so easy to turn off one legal section of purchase, how so much trade of illegal or unwanted purchases continues.

Whether credit card companies have actually blocked guns and ammo purchases, I don't know. I do know some have threatened to.

@Yarome Did this happen to you personally or is this someone you know or just something you read somewhere?

There was a thread on here awhile back where we were discussing bank disclosures that contained language that would allow them to do these sorts of things. For me personally, it involved online bill payment.

Edit to add: That thread mentioned was in August of 2021 titled: Prohibited payments at banks & credit unions

Last Edited:

View attachment 1328800

And so the quiet emergence of the next great purge has begun.......

Soon stock holders will make their voice heard since they also want to make money.
Call me a negative Nellie, but no, I don't believe the few that would do that would mean diddly to the banks. Gun ownership is becoming less and less accepted in this country.
Please, please! I want to be wrong.

View attachment 1328800

I can type one up too.

20221212_085211.jpg

-E-

Last Edited:
My Master Card debit card has "card controls". That is a useful set of options that allow me to set it so that the debit card can only be used to withdraw cash and could also allow it as a backup to get gas. Useful for security since I only use my actual credit card for regular purchases (better protections).

So, I wonder what the error would look like if I tried to buy a gun with that card.

Call me a negative Nellie, but no, I don't believe the few that would do that would mean diddly to the banks. Gun ownership is becoming less and less accepted in this country.
Please, please! I want to be wrong.
You are right.

I've been saying for YEARS that gun owners, and especially gun enthusiasts/hobbiests/et. al., are increasingly a minority - despite the increasing number of owners - as a percentage of the population, the numbers are decreasing.

And that is what counts in a democracy where rights can be restricted by voting.

I don't know if the screen shot posted by the OP is real, but don't be surprised if the woke financial institutions start declining transactions based on the Merchant Code.

We think it cannot or won't happen, but look no further than the collusion exposed at Twitter by Elon Musk.

Without proof of where it came from it looks fake to me. There are punctuation errors, the word choice is odd, and the formatting looks like MS Word.

Edited to include:

I'm not sure where a Point of Sale UI would display such a message. On the customer-facing side it shows too much info; on the agent-facing side I don't think they would have the screen real estate for that.

Last Edited:
And as reference point of exactly one, I was a vendor at th Rickreall gun show this weekend selling ammo about 1/3 of my sales were on cards and I never got a message like the one posted.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top