JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Somebody's gettin in trouuuuble....

100 house republicans sent a letter to CC companies demanding answers for gun and ammo codes. :s0155:

1663428101391.png
1663428161826.png
1663428234673.png

Last Edited:
Just had my Visa CC fraud alert me with a call on a 100% receiver. I've had it happen before, but this is a company I have purchased from in the past, so no reason for a fraud alert. Yeah... this is helping keep guns off the street. FN oligarch elitist dumbasses.

Last Edited:
The only thing I kind of don't get with that letter the Republican leaders sent was why not to Visa? Maybe the sent tailored letters to each(?)

Isn't Visa kind of the leader within their field though and the other 2 pretty much just follow their lead?

If there are any immediate reactions or policy rollbacks with any of them I would hope visa is involved. It's the card I use the most and can't remember the last time I used either of the other 2.

Since this all came out I pretty much switched all CC use to my Discover, but I'm sure there will come a time where discover won't be an available payment option.

If anyone has seen or heard of visa getting the same letter, please share it.

The only thing I kind of don't get with that letter the Republican leaders sent was why not to Visa? Maybe the sent tailored letters to each(?)

Isn't Visa kind of the leader within their field though and the other 2 pretty much just follow their lead?

If there are any immediate reactions or policy rollbacks with any of them I would hope visa is involved. It's the card I use the most and can't remember the last time I used either of the other 2.

Since this all came out I pretty much switched all CC use to my Discover, but I'm sure there will come a time where discover won't be an available payment option.

If anyone has seen or heard of visa getting the same letter, please share it.
Banks exist for only one reason, make money. If one of the big guys does something to really piss off a LOT of people, and a LOT of people take their money to another? The one who is now losing will quickly decide what they did was a poor idea. Gun owners have a LOT of power with their dollars on some things. This is one. Now if all the players do the same thing, then of course its moot. Again too a LOT is going to depend on what we do this year. If a large percentage will again refused to vote well? Then that is a clear message to all that we do not matter. :(

Banks exist for only one reason, make money. If one of the big guys does something to really piss off a LOT of people, and a LOT of people take their money to another?
I agree. It just seems like more impact can be made against Visa to reverse their policy than MC. Applying pressure from politicians while the consumers switch spending habits. Maybe it's different for others, but I don't own an amex and find MC kind of a 2nd tier CC. Visa typically has the better rewards programs, services and protections.

Hence, nearly all of my spending is with visa. That puts me in a better position to pressure visa by flipping my spending habits. If that's true for the majority... the combined $ shift to other card services would be more deeply felt by visa.

I could be wrong though. Maybe visa isn't as widely used as I might think. I don't go around checking out dudes behinds to know what's in their wallets. 🤣

I want to show my support for the letter from our reps to MC, but I have no way to voice my opinion with $'s since I really don't ever use MC. KWIM?

Last Edited:
Certainly nothing wrong with that. All the shops here are glad to take plastic but, they make the buyer pay what it costs them. So as long as they are willing to pay what the store pays out the store is certainly glad to sell to them. I have seen a LOT of gun owners get real mad at this which is what confused me. I tell them so who do you expect to pay? Many are not old enough to remember that grocery stores did not take plastic for a LONG time. Reason was the profit margin was not set to pay the fee. One large chain started and then of course they all had too start. :s0092:
Back in the old days any business that accepted credit cards was forced to sign a form that said they would treat the credit cards just like cash, which meant they couldn't legally pass along the added fees to their clients--this situation has changed some years ago

Back in the old days any business that accepted credit cards was forced to sign a form that said they would treat the credit cards just like cash, which meant they couldn't legally pass along the added fees to their clients--this situation has changed some years ago
I have over the years had a LOT of people tell me the terms forbid stores from doing what the shops here do. Been hearing that since I first got on the net in the 90's. Had no idea how it worked, just that the gun shops here had been doing this since before the net. So had to "guess" the plastic people were willing to turn a blind eye to it since they all still took plastic. Again though the gun owners on different groups over the years who used to get just over the top angry about this always confused me. I kept saying someone has to pay, why do you have a problem with paying the fee if you want to use your plastic there? A LOT of them just did not want to hear it. :s0092:

It looks like the GOP Senators are getting all fired up now.

Senate Republicans demand credit card companies reverse decision to track gun store sales
The lawmakers told the credit card companies that Congress may have to intercede on behalf of law-abiding American gun owners.

My favorite: "Any change that seeks to impact a United States citizen's ability to legally purchase a firearm belongs with Congress, not payment networks, international standard setting organizations, or the financial institutions that some of you serve."

It looks like the GOP Senators are getting all fired up now.

Senate Republicans demand credit card companies reverse decision to track gun store sales
The lawmakers told the credit card companies that Congress may have to intercede on behalf of law-abiding American gun owners.

My favorite: "Any change that seeks to impact a United States citizen's ability to legally purchase a firearm belongs with Congress, not payment networks, international standard setting organizations, or the financial institutions that some of you serve."

I "Hope" this is not just because mid terms are coming but, hey I will take what I can get that some of them are going to at least make a show of caring.

I "Hope" this is not just because mid terms are coming but, hey I will take what I can get that some of them are going to at least make a show of caring.
Probably. But it works for the crats so... kind of nice to see the GOP starting to wake up and smell the coffee. I'll take it, too!

NOW... 24 state AG's are stepping up and demanding visa, MC and amex abandon the new tracking code. Each of them have seen their stocks prices dip and the AG's are threatening an investigation over the potential of misuse of consumer data.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top