JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So you can't just buy ammo to collect it?

"Why did you buy 1000 rounds of 5.56?"

Because I'm an ammo collector. I find bullets fascinating and collect all kinds of calibers even though I can't afford rifles to use it in. Is that illegal now?

So you can't just buy ammo to collect it?

"Why did you buy 1000 rounds of 5.56?"

Because I'm an ammo collector. I find bullets fascinating and collect all kinds of calibers even though I can't afford rifles to use it in. Is that illegal now?
I think the idea is to use the list as probable cause for search warrants for people who might not be complying with this law:

"Government PERMIT schemes."

1696869837982.png

Aloha, Mark

So I should expect a search because I bought ammo for my bolt action in 223? I can hear the Ground Squirrels laughing now! DR
First many seem to forget just how incompetent almost all gov tends to be. Since its so often staffed by people who are lazy and worthless. Now unless someone is buying so much ammo that trucks are showing up to deliver it? No, they are not coming to the door with paper to search. Crap laws like this are more about people who want total control and love having it. Not to mention they will of course do nothing for crime. So later the same law makers will say they tried and it did not work so they just need some more laws. They will always go after the people who are not criminals to make things harder for them while they ignore the criminals. Hey people keep voting for them so can't really blame them for going back to the play book that keeps working. :s0092:

California is already doing it. If you want to buy 12ga duck shells, and you don't have a registered 12ga, you are denied. They are also enforcing ammo purchasing quantity limits.

First many seem to forget just how incompetent almost all gov tends to be. Since its so often staffed by people who are lazy and worthless. Now unless someone is buying so much ammo that trucks are showing up to deliver it? No, they are not coming to the door with paper to search. Crap laws like this are more about people who want total control and love having it. Not to mention they will of course do nothing for crime. So later the same law makers will say they tried and it did not work so they just need some more laws. They will always go after the people who are not criminals to make things harder for them while they ignore the criminals. Hey people keep voting for them so can't really blame them for going back to the play book that keeps working. :s0092:
I don't know man. I grew up in Illinois and lived there till I was 34 and I could totally see Illinois state/local police coming by to pay you a visit over ammo.

They're no where near as laid back as police out here. At least it was that way til I left in 2015. You fart and they're there to smell it.

I don't know man. I grew up in Illinois and lived there till I was 34 and I could totally see Illinois state/local police coming by to pay you a visit over ammo.

They're no where near as laid back as police out here. At least it was that way til I left in 2015. You fart and they're there to smell it.
There are how many millions of legal gun owners there? How many Cops do they have? They would have to hire armies of more people. Not to mention the city of Chitown alone has how many people running around shooting each other? Why can't the Cops ever seem to show up at their door? Not going to happen.
Now once in a blue moon some official "may" actually take the time away from the coffee shop to actually knock on some door. If the guy tells him politely to pound sand? If they do "catch" anyone it will be some fool who is posting to social media pics of him playing with his guns, or proudly showing them off to the neighbors who will call the cops. Chitown alone has what amounts to mass shootings almost daily and for some reason the Police do not seem to be able to do anything.

California is already doing it. If you want to buy 12ga duck shells, and you don't have a registered 12ga, you are denied. They are also enforcing ammo purchasing quantity limits.
Sadly millions there allowed this to get that bad. Yet as normal the criminals have no problem getting guns and ammo. Just need some more pain to be felt by the people who are not criminals. No doubt more states like this will put a ban on ordering ammo. Sadly people will just allow it. :(

There are how many millions of legal gun owners there? How many Cops do they have? They would have to hire armies of more people. Not to mention the city of Chitown alone has how many people running around shooting each other? Why can't the Cops ever seem to show up at their door? Not going to happen.
Now once in a blue moon some official "may" actually take the time away from the coffee shop to actually knock on some door. If the guy tells him politely to pound sand? If they do "catch" anyone it will be some fool who is posting to social media pics of him playing with his guns, or proudly showing them off to the neighbors who will call the cops. Chitown alone has what amounts to mass shootings almost daily and for some reason the Police do not seem to be able to do anything.
Chicago is a world onto itself.

The city I lived in, Rockford, was nothing like Chicago in regards to how police operated.

In Rockford and surrounding cities, especially the smaller cites Loves Park and Machsney Park, cops had plenty of time to chase down small time petty crimes.

Again nothing like what qualifies for policing out here in the West coast. If I were a betting man I'd wager somebody will have law enforcement knocking at their door within the next few month about their ammo purchase. Not wide scale by any means but a few here and there for sure.

California's system is terrible, but it does not require matching a registered firearm and does not impose numerical limits.

View attachment 1737745
That is not the experience of my buddy in NorCal who went in to buy some 410 ammo in hopes of stocking up for the shotgun he was planning to buy. He was summarily denied. And told it was because he did not have a 410 registered to his name.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top