JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Chicago is a world onto itself.

The city I lived in, Rockford, was nothing like Chicago in regards to how police operated.

In Rockford and surrounding cities, especially the smaller cites Loves Park and Machsney Park, cops had plenty of time to chase down small time petty crimes.

Again nothing like what qualifies for policing out here in the West coast. If I were a betting man I'd wager somebody will have law enforcement knocking at their door within the next few month about their ammo purchase. Not wide scale by any means but a few here and there for sure.

That is not the experience of my buddy in NorCal who went in to buy some 410 ammo in hopes of stocking up for the shotgun he was planning to buy. He was summarily denied. And told it was because he did not have a 410 registered to his name.
The FFL told him that?
Or did he see some actual written evidence that the reason he was denied was the caliber? CalGuns is full of first hand accounts of people getting denied for slight address mismatches and other issues.

Chicago is a world onto itself.

The city I lived in, Rockford, was nothing like Chicago in regards to how police operated.

In Rockford and surrounding cities, especially the smaller cites Loves Park and Machsney Park, cops had plenty of time to chase down small time petty crimes.

Again nothing like what qualifies for policing out here in the West coast. If I were a betting man I'd wager somebody will have law enforcement knocking at their door within the next few month about their ammo purchase. Not wide scale by any means but a few here and there for sure.
If they do again it would be a matter of common sense in what you say. As it tell them to leave. Well that and NOT post pictures of stuff you should not have on every social media platform you can find. Social media has been an amazing thing for couple decades now. An amazing number of people put stuff up there that you would think they would not want to tell the world. Then when they get arrested act like they have no idea what happened. :confused:
The way that state is rapidly going it will soon be moot. They will just cut off sales by any source other than an FFL and then limit even that. Sad to see how fast this if going and so many still just ignore it. :(

The FFL told him that?
Or did he see some actual written evidence that the reason he was denied was the caliber? CalGuns is full of first hand accounts of people getting denied for slight address mismatches and other issues.
He was told by FFL since didn't have a gun registered in that caliber it was considered a potential straw purchase. They got that info from the state BRC system.

I am skeptical that the FFL even knew why the DoJ denied it. The results screen evidently does not even reveal the exact reason to the dealer. The DoJ sends a US Mail letter to the purchaser, or should.

IMG_1671.jpeg IMG_1670.jpeg

Alaska - No direct sale of ammunition to Alaska residents due to Federal Transportation Laws.

California - No direct sale of ammunition to consumers. All ammunition orders must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer for transfer (Type 03 included). No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds

Colorado - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 15 rounds.

Connecticut - A valid/not expired Connecticut Carry Permit or Ammunition Certificate. No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds.

Hawaii - No direct sale of ammunition to Hawaii residents due to Federal Transportation Laws.

Illinois - A valid/not expired FOID Card (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Shipping address provided MUST match FOID Card or State Issued Driver's License.

Maryland - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds.

Massachusetts - A valid/not expired LTC (Firearms License to Carry).

New Jersey - A valid/not expired Firearms Purchase ID or FPID. No Ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds

New York - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds. New York residents can receive shipments ONLY if they are shipped to an FFL holder.

Washington DC - No ammunition sales.

Alaska - No direct sale of ammunition to Alaska residents due to Federal Transportation Laws.

California - No direct sale of ammunition to consumers. All ammunition orders must be shipped to a Federal Firearms Dealer for transfer (Type 03 included). No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds

Colorado - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 15 rounds.

Connecticut - A valid/not expired Connecticut Carry Permit or Ammunition Certificate. No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds.

Hawaii - No direct sale of ammunition to Hawaii residents due to Federal Transportation Laws.

Illinois - A valid/not expired FOID Card (Firearm Owner's Identification Card). Shipping address provided MUST match FOID Card or State Issued Driver's License.

Maryland - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds.

Massachusetts - A valid/not expired LTC (Firearms License to Carry).

New Jersey - A valid/not expired Firearms Purchase ID or FPID. No Ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds

New York - No ammunition magazines and feeding devices over 10 rounds. New York residents can receive shipments ONLY if they are shipped to an FFL holder.

Washington DC - No ammunition sales.
Wow, Alaska? That's crazy.

All I know is what I was told and the explanation given to him.
So that state already has done away with the ordering of ammo then I have to guess? Have to have a FOID card to buy it I take it? Sad. I am sure they will not be the only state to do it this way before long. :(
My ex-coworker who lives in CA had the same experiance, he tried to buy hard to find ammo for his dads hunting rifle and got denied. Was told it was because he does not have a gun registered in that caliber and to expect contact from the cops. Said he never was contacted, but he explained to the FFL why he was trying to buy it (his dad didn't have a permit) and the FFL told him to STFU and if contacted, say he planned on buying that rifle in the future.

That is not the experience of my buddy in NorCal who went in to buy some 410 ammo in hopes of stocking up for the shotgun he was planning to buy. He was summarily denied. And told it was because he did not have a 410 registered to his name.
I have lots of guns in calibers that are not on a gun registered to me. I have not heard of any one being deigned for not having a gun in that caliber.
I have heard of people being deigned that had "no" guns registered to them. Its a background check, not a guns owned check. DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top