JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never heard of Affirm. Sounds like they are making it clear up front that they are anti gun. So sounds simple to me, do not use them. This is the first time since all this panic I have seen one that seems to show them actually saying no for gun "stuff". Several have jumped to the net to claim this only showing that the charge was blocked as suspicious. The people getting this then jumped to the net to claim the bank did this. Of course none of them seem to have called to make sure this is what was going on, too much fun to just claim the bank did it. I had an order for some air filters get flagged other day. Doubt the bank is anti air filters for my furnace. As soon as I told them its me, charge went fine.

Leftist Politico artice. Reading between the lines.... a veiled warning to the woketards... "you went to far". They are trying to soft touch it as "both sides", but lets face it... with this issue it was "they" who kicked over this anthill.

If CC companies had any backbone to stay the heck out of it and not bend over to woke pressure, as they proclaim is their policy, it wouldn't even been an issue.

If you follow any of the ESG stuff thats working it's way in the financial system this is part of it.

Next these credit card companies will build a digital profile of you and start declining transactions.

You Smelly walmarts... no purchase for you.

If you follow any of the ESG stuff thats working it's way in the financial system this is part of it.

Next these credit card companies will build a digital profile of you and start declining transactions.

You Smelly walmarts... no purchase for you.
This is one time human nature may come in VERY handy. There is no doubt ESG crap is being pushed hard. Now the real rub those who push this are going to run against, greed. Many companies are starting to find out how expensive going woke can be. The go woke go broke line is not just a joke. So until the do away completely with banks its going to soon get REAL hard to keep this up. Being as banks only exist to make money. How many gun owners are there in the US? Start telling all of them you can't use our card? Anyone really think someone will not come along and say they want that business? Places like China can do this as they have total control. So until they take all the banks away from the people who own them and make them all part of the government we will see some real wake up calls. Going woke is all fun and games until it starts to make your stock holders lose money.

Leftist Politico artice. Reading between the lines.... a veiled warning to the woketards... "you went to far". They are trying to soft touch it as "both sides", but lets face it... with this issue it was "they" who kicked over this anthill.

If CC companies had any backbone to stay the heck out of it and not bend over to woke pressure, as they proclaim is their policy, it wouldn't even been an issue.

A need clearly exists for a financial platform that does not facilitate the infringement of constitutional rights. Hopefully consumers will voice that need clearly, and the market will react to it by providing a solution.

I just made a purchase on GunZoneDeals using my Mastercard Debit card. It kept getting declined, so I used my Visa card. About 2 minutes later, I got a call from my bank asking if it was a fraudulent transaction. It was only $650...

While I appreciate that I got the call, I've spent much more at non gun stores without any kind of contact from my bank and much more AT gun stores previously. Is this a coincidence? Maybe, but considering recent events I am betting not.

I just made a purchase on GunZoneDeals using my Mastercard Debit card. It kept getting declined, so I used my Visa card. About 2 minutes later, I got a call from my bank asking if it was a fraudulent transaction. It was only $650...

While I appreciate that I got the call, I've spent much more at non gun stores without any kind of contact from my bank and much more AT gun stores previously. Is this a coincidence? Maybe, but considering recent events I am betting not.
When they called you I take it they did allow the charge? If so it does not "sound like" they are trying to stop you from using them at the place. Sounds more like something is going on that is flagging some. There has been a LOT of crying on the net for a while from people who used some other form of payment to try to buy things that were hard to find, like primers, and getting burned. These scam sites pop up and are gone over and over. So have to wonder if some have not tried to take plastic since so many are learning to not use some other form of payment? If the plastic really is going to ban you using them I would think they would just say, "we are not going to let you use us at this place" not play games. People have to remember that the great part of plastic for us, the consumer, is if we get burned we just get our money back. The bank then has to eat that charge though if the scammer managed to get the money and run. With as much crying as I keep seeing about people being ripped off I have to wonder if some of these sites are not trying to take plastic? Have no idea what it takes to set up to take plastic. If some scammer can set up to try or not. So far have seen a few say what happened to you happened to them and they ran to the net to claim the bank is banning. What I never see them run to the net and say is did they call the bank and ask why the charge was being denied? So far no one seems to be doing that or they are not wanting to admit what happened when they did. Makes me suspect that if they did call the charge was allowed. I have not seen any of the places I use online saying a word about not being able to take my plastic yet.

YMMV, obviously.

We only use our debit cards at our bank/credit union ATM's. That's it. Nothing else. Nada. Zip.

Anything else requiring plastic? Credit cards.

YMMV, obviously.

We only use our debit cards at our bank/credit union ATM's. That's it. Nothing else. Nada. Zip.

Anything else requiring plastic? Credit cards.
This is by FAR the best way to do it. Our Debit cards stay in the safe unless for some reason I need to go use an ATM. If they get "skimmed" or some employee sells the info, someone can clean out the damn account. Most banks will make you whole again but, how long will it take? If the person who got the account cleaned out has any kind of auto pay or checks out? It can be a huge FUBAR. With a CC they just send you another one. Only hassle I have ever had was couple times I forgot one of the things that pay auto from the card, as in updating it. Last time it was the transponder for the tolls. They could no longer charge the card and it took a few weeks before I heard from them. Same thing happened on one of my Cell lines one time. Forgot to update it and the damn thing just stopped working. That one was simple enough as I could use the phone to tell them the correct info and the phone was back on in no time.

I had my CC company fraud flag another gun related purchase last week. Again it was a company I have purchased from many times. Some knucklehead in India or Pakistan from the fraud dept. called, said it was sorted then never sorted it out. Had to call the Credit union directly to get the transaction and vendor unlocked so I could complete the purchase.

I had my CC company fraud flag another gun related purchase last week. Again it was a company I have purchased from many times. Some knucklehead in India or Pakistan from the fraud dept. called, said it was sorted then never sorted it out. Had to call the Credit union directly to get the transaction and vendor unlocked so I could complete the purchase.
Sad but, the fact that they are letting the charge go through means they are not blocking them. If they ever do actually block places like this they will just do it and say "don't like it? Don't use us". If any of them do it should open the door for competition which is great.

Sad but, the fact that they are letting the charge go through means they are not blocking them. If they ever do actually block places like this they will just do it and say "don't like it? Don't use us". If any of them do it should open the door for competition which is great.
They blocked the transaction. The fraud dept did not release the the block when i talked to them, even though they said they would. The CU employee did so and I ran the transaction while I had her on the phone.

The door has been open since my NRA card went away-- How can all the credit card companies be liberal shills?

They blocked the transaction. The fraud dept did not release the the block when i talked to them, even though they said they would. The CU employee did so and I ran the transaction while I had her on the phone.
What I mean is they let you. If the people who own the card really decide you can not use them for xyz they will not let it go and will make it clear the answer is no. There is a LOT of fraud with online shopping now days. The crooks and the banks are in a constant game of trying to get in front of each other. Every time the crooks get one past the bank has to eat that charge. My guess is this has more to do with it. I buy online 90% of the time. I have had several charges the got flagged last year or so that had nothing to do with guns or ammo. Last one was air filters for the house from a place I have used for years. It triggered a warning and hold. It went to my phone and let me clear it right then but, still for some reason triggered an alert from the bank. :confused:

And.......so it starts. Beginning at 02:00.

Aloha, Mark
Every red-blooded, patriotic, 2A-supporting American should immediately cancel their AMEX accounts, and tell AMEX precisely why they are cancelling their accounts. As @Alexx1401 has repeatedly stated, the banks/CC companies hate to lose money. Enough people dump this shiity card provider, they will take notice. And in the vacuum, some other bank will step up and offer credit. Nature abhors a vacuum...

Every red-blooded, patriotic, 2A-supporting American should immediately cancel their AMEX accounts, and tell AMEX precisely why they are cancelling their accounts. As @Alexx1401 has repeatedly stated, the banks/CC companies hate to lose money. Enough people dump this shiity card provider, they will take notice. And in the vacuum, some other bank will step up and offer credit. Nature abhors a vacuum...
We did that a year ago!

And Venmo
And PayPal
And most of all Costco, they spend bank supporting Lefty. You do not need to shop there.
My house is over two years without them, CANCEL THE COSTCO CARD.
DO IT NOW.

And Venmo
And PayPal
And most of all Costco, they spend bank supporting Lefty. You do not need to shop there.
My house is over two years without them, CANCEL THE COSTCO CARD.
DO IT NOW.
Have never had a Venmo account.
Have never had a PayPal account (even though Peter Thiel donates heavily to Republican candidates).
Cancelled the Costco membership 4+ years ago now (May 2018).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top