JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This made me remember one particular thing about the earlier Paras. They had the ramp on the barrel, not the frame. How are the new ones made?

Ramp on the barrel, but the rounds are hitting the frame.

2h6eyo8.jpg

I purchased a P-14 45 signature series over 10 years ago. I added Grams kits to the magazines that allowed them
to hold 18 rounds. Shot this pistol for many years in IPSC competition. Many thousands of rounds. Excellent reliability
and accuracy even still today. Reliability was 100% if you used a loading tool for filling the magazines. I don't know
anything about a 'Black Ops' pistols but in my experience the Para I have is a favorite pistol.

When I bought my first 1911, a Para P12 way back when, I was actually planning on buying the Glock 21. The worst grip frame of any standard pistol I've ever held. For a grip that big you might as well be holding onto a Desert Eagle!
It felt like wrapping my hand around a 2x4, and I don't have little hands.
If I was buying a Glock, it wouldn't be a 45.

That has always been my problem with them. Love the idea, but my hands just aren't big enough. No jokes about shoe size, guys!

Well my 10 MM EAA Witness is ready to be picked up and still no luck finding a new Para BO Recon.

The main downside to the witness elite is sharp edges.. I took 1200 grit to them and it worked wonders without ruining the wonder finish. I would never place a 1911 in this gun's ergo category, and I carried a custom, buttered 1911 for 15 years

My Witness Match came with vertical grooves or serations on the front and the back of the grip, catalog shows them to be bare so this may be a running change.

My Witness Match came with vertical grooves or serations on the front and the back of the grip, catalog shows them to be bare so this may be a running change.

Mine is the same, also has BHP type thumb rests on the grips. EAA has been modding the gun for the better, IMO

So, the mag release is in the wrong place?

Or, are the mags the problem?

Do you have any other older Para mags to compare to?

I bought aftermarket mags only to see they're made in Italy like the problem mags, I don't have any old school Canadian Para mags.

Para says they fixed my gun, I'll find out if this is true over the weekend.

I bought aftermarket mags only to see they're made in Italy like the problem mags, I don't have any old school Canadian Para mags.

Para says they fixed my gun, I'll find out if this is true over the weekend.

If the mags are Mec Gar it likely isn't their fault. Either Para gave them wrong specs or the problem is the gun

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top