JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did they say what they did to it?

"Installed Hammer ■ Replaced Left Ambi-Safety ■ Replaced Right Ambi-Safety ■ Replaced Grip Safety ■ Adjusted HD Extractor For PXT ■ Polished Feedramp ■ Polished Barrel ■ Polished Slide ■ Bench Checked For Function ■ Test Fired 12 Magazines And Functions At 100%"

"Installed Hammer ■ Replaced Left Ambi-Safety ■ Replaced Right Ambi-Safety ■ Replaced Grip Safety ■ Adjusted HD Extractor For PXT ■ Polished Feedramp ■ Polished Barrel ■ Polished Slide ■ Bench Checked For Function ■ Test Fired 12 Magazines And Functions At 100%"

Holy cow!

Those 12 mags they test fired had to be the dirtiest ammo imaginable as the gun came back to me FILTHY! And the parts replacement wasn't just talk, I noticed the scratch on my grip safety was gone and both the grip and ambi safeties were much smoother.

Good to hear they are standing behind their products. I had a similar experience with my Springfield. It didn't run right out of the box, by the time I had 400 rounds out of it, it looked like it was a 10 year old pistol, the finish was wearing really fast and chipping. Got a shipping label from Springfield and in less than a week I had it back. They refinished the pistol, dropped the trigger to 4.5 pounds and I haven't had any feeding issues with it since... Except for when the extractor broke, and they sent me a new one.

Well If that is what I have to do I have that much in Winchester and again Remington, Then even more PMC. Hopefully though it'll run well out of the box.

I did pick up my Black Ops Recon, looks good, those Family issues will keep me occupied for a while though. I'll post the results when I do get to shoot it.

Well I packed all my .40 and up handguns and enough ammo to give them all a workout, put it all in the vehicle, headed out only to find my proposed shooting site was now closed. I'll have to find another and try again.

Ok First

Puddle Monkey remember I can dish it out....I just can't take it.

My first chance to fire it, I happened to grab a Mec-Gar Magazine with Underwood 200 Gr Hollow points. Slide locked back after two rounds. I removed the magazine, reseated the top round and reloaded the mag into the gun. Bang, Bang and the slide locked back again. Same ritual, same result except this time the front sight fell off. I could and should have tried a Para mag with hardball as that was my original intent, but the sight deal had soured me on shooting that gun any more.

I did run several magazines thru my Ruger SR-1911, 10 rounds thru my .40 S&W Charter Arms Pitbull (Stout recoil, but all spent rounds ejected easily...Full rounds are more trouble, but now that I know the empties are easy, I like it.) I Fired some PMC 185 Gr HP from my XD-S (Love that gun) I fired a .38 to test the "Delta Grip" OK. And finally I put 10 rounds of .22 Mag thru my little NAA backup, it made me a proud owner.

I'll contact Para tomorrow. So it begins

I posted earlier on the witness and the fnp/fnx. since then I've gone back to my roots, found a Foster (caspian) race ready smooth frame. It was a deal so I couldn't turn it down. put it together with parts from a couple of sources, nothing fancy, just basic 1911 stuff, aside from basic fitting of the barrel lugs and a 4# trigger job no problems. probably take it to the range in a few days.
after a home park job on the frame
IMAG00772.JPG
the bare frame with a colt slide I considered using, but it was too worn and would have required a bit of fitting.
IMAG00752.JPG

the raised grip, flared magwell and the integral plunger tube sold me on it,came with the mainspring housing to match the magwell too!

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your Para, Pandaz. My Black Opps is well into 2000 rounds with no troubles. One thing I did do that may have helped my out was that I used a dremal tool and buffing compound to buff the ramp and the chamber and slide edges. 500 rounds would have probably done the same thing, I am just impatient. I also found that she likes to be well lubricated. It looks like Para did the same thing on the one that was sent in by puddlemonkey. There is no excuse for the front site following off.

I'm just back from FedEx. Customer Service at Para were courteous and efficient. They believe this was not a break-in issue and not going to remedy with a round count. They sent me pre-paid shipping and I returned pistol, case, 2 magazines and well everything. I do have an Alien ware holster coming for it as they make one for it specifically. I like the way the gun handles so I want it to work.
Time will tell.

Well I got my Recon back today. They replaced the slide and fired 4 magazines thru it. Meanwhile I got my Alien Gear holster in for it and have been wearing it all day, just to get used to it. My Recon appeared clean. I need to fire it some before I carry it as my main piece. I'll write when I find work!

I had an old school 14.45 that I miss dearly - never had a failure with it. It ate laquer coated wolf like candy, along with everything else, including some weirdass 165 grain hollowpoints the guy I bought the gun from included.

It ran like a top with every hollowpoint round I tried, and was the nicest shooting .45 I've owned. I feel like a dumbass for trading it away for a Glock 17 because I didn't wana pay $50 a mag for new production factory mags or $35 a mag for aftermarket spares back in '04.

Now I happily fork over $35-40 a spare mag for my polymer guns (M&P) and kick myself every time I look through my collection of gun pix.

A Glock 21 is a Glock - and they feel and shoot like Glocks and if you want a 1911 a Glock will never feel or shoot like one. I like Glocks and the Glock 21 - but I don't think I'll buy another one. There's guns that fit better and function just as well now - and some even hold more rounds.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top