JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been told the Gen 4 is much better than the earlier versions. The Witness looks like a good one, too.

The first time I tried a G21 there was a line of bowling pins set up.. kneeled Marine style and mowed em down

But if fit and natural pointing means anything, this Witness is going to rock much harder

you could look out for a used Kimber Polymer or Bul M5, both essentially the same gun. 14 rounds in a sub $800 1911 package.
Meggar mags are fairly easy to obtain at around $30 apiece.
Kimber also did the the "Pro Ten"s, but they have in house sourced frames and the series II firing pin block ( and often the external extractor )

mine:

I also have the FNP and the CZ97, see if I can't post some comparison shots later...

Well I have decided to hedge my bets and I do have the Para on order, but I also bought a Witness Elite in 10 MM on GB.

Well I have decided to hedge my bets and I do have the Para on order

67i4v7.jpg

I am going to chance it anyway. This is not a rational decision, but more a emotional one. I want it to work and I'll put some work into it to see that it does.

I am going to chance it anyway. This is not a rational decision, but more a emotional one. I want it to work and I'll put some work into it to see that it does.

I'm not sure this is the logical decision, but I could see myself doing the same thing. I, too, like the looks of this gun. Since I had good fortune with my only other Para, and since it is a 1911 after all, I know bugs can be sorted out.

There's another thread or two going on about the Glock 42. Some have fantastic results with them, others definitely not. Maybe the OP will get a good one?

I'm not sure this is the logical decision, but I could see myself doing the same thing. I, too, like the looks of this gun. Since I had good fortune with my only other Para, and since it is a 1911 after all, I know bugs can be sorted out.

There's another thread or two going on about the Glock 42. Some have fantastic results with them, others definitely not. Maybe the OP will get a good one?

Ever Hopeful for me, seems to be a problem finding a new one and I do not intend to buy someone else's problem-child. So a previously owned one won't work, I'd be lowering the chances of getting a working edition.

I have had 4 para-ord hi caps, don't buy a para

I took my newest model to a gunsmith, he told me that Para sux & he wouldn't waste his time working on them again. I asked him why & he told me to take off the slide,
then measure the slide rails on all sides. He said he Always found the front of the rails to be a different number from the rear slide rails & that is not how you make a rectangle.
I measured all my Paras and he was right, none of them measured the same from front to back.
I sold the paras & bought an STI which is way more accurate than I will be. After that I bought a used Kimber hi cap, it cost less than the ss para 14-45 I had bought & easily outshot
every Para I had owned. After getting rid of the Paras I found that shooting the winchester white box ammo was a waste of money as the loading is very inconsistant and was adding to my missed shots. I found the Fiocchi ammo & my own reloads to be way more accurate.

As much as I like high end 1911s I would strongly suggest a Glock in 45acp. Impressive for the $$$.

more impressed by the FNP or FNX in .45, 15+1 capacity, 3 magazines, low bore axis, ambi everything, a little higher priced than a Grock, but you get so much more. Love mine. Glock, well it's a glock, not impressed.

I've also been taking a look at the .45 cal fnx. I love the round count. I do like 1911's,but the capacity has always been a big draw back for me. The sig 227 looks intriguing also.

I'm not seeing the reasoning behind continually going after the Para, a gun that expensive should never have systemic feeding problems on a regular basis, this is not 1979 when you had to send a 1911 to a gunsmith to get some accuracy. I like a pretty girl too, but would never bring one home that I knew before hand had a good chance of ending up making me crazy and leaving me out in the cold (FTF, non functioning...)

I recently picked up an HK USP tactical (mostly because it was a really good deal); I can't say it feels as good as my 1911, or evokes the same undying and illogical lust on sight, but the dumb thing will out shoot everything else I have by a mile. Target trigger, target sights, lots of mass, 12+1... and in the same price range that you are looking at. Oh yeah, and it functions properly...

I too love the Witness (really CZ clone) design, the Desert Eagle CZ clone in 9mm is the most comfortable pistol I have ever held (and one that will never get sold.)

My Black Ops came back from Para camp today. I'll shoot it this weekend, they say they ran 12 mags worth through it and it functioned 100%.

While looking for your "new" Black Ops just check for a pre-ramp, if there's no pre-ramp cut in the frame then it's old pre-fix stock.

My Black Ops came back from Para camp today. I'll shoot it this weekend, they say they ran 12 mags worth through it and it functioned 100%.

While looking for your "new" Black Ops just check for a pre-ramp, if there's no pre-ramp cut in the frame then it's old pre-fix stock.
This made me remember one particular thing about the earlier Paras. They had the ramp on the barrel, not the frame. How are the new ones made?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top