JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No experience with the exact gun in question here, but the P12 I bought long ago was a great little gun. My only complaint had to do with the FPS, which if I owned now, would be removed.
If you want a double stack 1911, your choices are very limited. I would probably try and find a used one, just cuz I'm cheep!:D

No experience with the exact gun in question here, but the P12 I bought long ago was a great little gun. My only complaint had to do with the FPS, which if I owned now, would be removed.
If you want a double stack 1911, your choices are very limited. I would probably try and find a used one, just cuz I'm cheep!:D

I looked at a P13.45 used that the guy wanted $650 for with one magazine and it was dirty. I just did not have a warm fuzzy about it, It might be good at a cheaper price.

I should have known there was a 1911 forum.

FNX/FNP 45. The FNP can use the 14 round magazine with a flat base plate for easier concealed carry and 15 rounders for both. Comes with 3 mags. Can carry cocked and locked or double action. One of the best tupperware triggers out of the box. Can reach mag release without breaking your grip (important if you have stubby to semi stubby thumbs). Even though it is a large gun it doesn't shoot like one. Say a CZ 97 for example. Very accurate and follow up shots are mag dump within the 8 ring, with a little practice. Can't say enough good things about them but then again there are more opinions than guns out there. Shoot one, see for yourself. The old Sams in Everett has one to rent.

Do consider the EAA Witness Elite match 45 which is a cocked n locked CZ clone (Like a large Hi Power) I'm just about to receive the 10MM version for $670 out the door. With your budget (and mine) that leaves enough for 12 spare mags. At most I'll add tritium sights and maybe a Hennings flat match trigger and I'm GTG

This guy rambles a bit and some of his buddies are putzs but you can see the gun and hear a bit about it. They are fabulously accurate

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a match fitted 1911, carried it for 15 years, and from all I've read the EAA is a far superior gun. I've always preferred the BHP design and carried one for many years

I have the para black opps 14-45. I F N luv it. 1000 rounds, never a miss and looks as good as the day I bought it. Adjustable trigger is killer, I even like it better then my 226 in 357 sig and my HK USP 40. Had some problems with my Para LDA, but black opps is solid.

Just visit the Para forum P3. Upon arrival you'll notice many complaints about the non-functioning double stack Black Ops complete with photos and vid. What you wont find, however, is any of the "My Black Ops runs great!" crowd meeting the challenge of posting a video of their BO running through 250 rounds without issue. Just sayin'.

That being said, when not being shot it is a beautiful gun. So if you want something purdy and you're not concerned with function then the Black Ops may be for you!

Here's mine:

1r9l6q.jpg

I have a Springfield. It's just a G.I. Model but it's a good shooter. It went back to Springfield right away, they took care of the problems and now thousands and thousands of rounds later the only thing that has failed was the extractor... And Springfield sent me a new one for free.
638BD1AE-11A9-4B8B-BEC6-CC4F530561FA_zpsku08cmjm.jpg

As much as I like high end 1911s I would strongly suggest a Glock in 45acp. Impressive for the $$$.

When I bought my first 1911, a Para P12 way back when, I was actually planning on buying the Glock 21. The worst grip frame of any standard pistol I've ever held. For a grip that big you might as well be holding onto a Desert Eagle!
It felt like wrapping my hand around a 2x4, and I don't have little hands.
If I was buying a Glock, it wouldn't be a 45.

The 21 fits me great, but I just got my Witness 10MM and aside from the BHP no other handgun has fit me like this. The match trigger is a dream

Yes a Glock would be a .40 or a 10MM for me. but I would likely buy a XD instead of a Glock. I held that Para P13 and did not think it was bad, but shooting it could change my mind. I guess I need to make my own mistakes, like Puddle Monkey says, it looks good. I do like the EAA Witness Elite Stock 1 also. It might actually be a little cheaper, but it would have to be .40 or 10 MM too, the 45 is limited to 10 rounds. I want a large caliber hi-cap. If I got 10 MM I'd have to add yet another hard to find caliber. .40 seems to be available.

Yeah, no 45 EAA for me, 10 rds is a deal killer.. the reason is that awesome slender grip (for these calibers) here's some gun p0rn

It's going to be a street carry piece, if I somehow ran out of 10MM I have plenty of other guns and ammo

2014_01_28_253_24b30951a65f3d7dd827.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top