JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I went to a range with the Para today 188 rounds attempted with 12 Fail to feeds and 4 stovepipes and one double feed so I eventually fired 183 rounds. I used the two Para magazines along with the two MecGars all had problems. I was using re-loaded ammo. I also shot about 25 rounds in my XDS .45 with no hiccups there. I will try the polishing with a Dremel, I will also breakdown each magazine, inspect and lube. I will use factory hardball.

Me no likee! But I intend to get it running reliably.

Tuesday I went back to the Range and fired 150 rounds of ammo, or I attempted to. I had eleven failures to feed that were easily remedied by pulling the slide back to allow the magazine to push the round up, releasing the slide and into battery it goes, I had four stovepipes. I had thoroughly cleaned and lubed the pistol and all four Magazines (two Meg-gar and two Para). I polished the feed ramp and throat of the chamber. I used new Factory ball ammunition 100 Remington and fifty Federal all 230 Grain FMJ round nose.

Any suggestions?

send it back to Para again, let them handle it. If you arse around with dremelling anything, they could point to that being the cause of the failures....

Have you let someone else try shooting it to see if they experience the same issues ?

Get yourself a Glock 21.
Not a possibility! I am not a Glock hater, I like the trigger on my Gen 4 G-29, but it is better than my G-42's trigger and there is too much bad mouthing of Glock triggers in general for me to order one. I am planning on going to a Front Sight pistol course and will use a nine if I have to, so a 17 is a option, but I am planning on a HK VP9 if I can get one in time for some reasonable testing, otherwise a 17 will be mine. I'd use my Ruger 1911 before getting a 21, it is some kind of a mental block, I've never liked a Glock in 45

send it back to Para again, let them handle it. If you arse around with dremelling anything, they could point to that being the cause of the failures....

Have you let someone else try shooting it to see if they experience the same issues ?
I have not had someone else use it and I might try that if my Bud ever quits working so much. I do intend to try re-cleaning, re-lubing and using another 200 rounds thru it.

Supposedly Para put 80 rounds thru it with no problems, and since I have added 330+ to the round count. I want it well over 500, before it goes back

I wanted a Hi capacity shorter 45 to be my EDC gun, while my XDS is good I would like more ammo

Well Thursday I did put 200 more rounds of Remington 230 FMJ thru the Gun.
I had only cleaned the bore and then I did take all four magazines apart again, I did no cleaning, just inspecting and back together. This time though I paid better attention to my grip. only four failures to feed, almost instantly correctable and I think all were cause by a lapse of attention to my grip. I also had four stovepipes likely the same reason.
I broke my right wrist in 2008 and now it is considerably weaker and I have difficulty manipulating a keychain one handed and other issues with the wrist. I have no difficulty with my Ruger 1911, but it is a considerably thinner handgrip than the Para.

I have no other double stack gun that really compare to a 45. I have a EAA Witness Match and a Glock 29 both in 10mm and thinner. I have a Lionheart LH-9 and a Springfield XDM in 9mm. I guess I will try the 10mm's for 50 rounds each and make sure I don't have the same problems

Meanwhile my EAA Witness Elite 10MM has been flawless, and it's so easy to get clean hits it's almost boring! :eek:
Yes i have not given my EAA the attention I should, but really I can't carry it concealed like i could my Commander length Para which was my intention. I have a problem with the length. (and the weight with the Witness :p) I really did consider a Glock 20 or 21. Then I come across the Glock 29. I have to check it and the EAA for function along with a couple of other that I have yet to shoot.

I think the G-29 will replace my XDS as prime EDC, The XDS is wonderful, reliable and accurate, but a little shy on capacity.

Springfeild XD compact .45, not XDS or XDM, just the plain old XD. Best all around .45 there is; 10 +1 rounds in the compact mag and 13 +1 in the high cap mag. Conceals well with the compact mag and still provides a three finger grip compared to two for most compact polymer .45s. It is a tad heavy at 29 ounces empty though. Like all XDs it will eat anything you feed it without complaint.
$530ish new at most stores, add a Powder River trigger kit for $125 and you have an absolute sweetheart.

Only so many dollars in the pocketbook or disapproving looks from the warden. I can't buy every gun I like. A great recommendation for me in the past or maybe someone else reading this for the future. I did just buy a XDM 5.25 9mm, to take to Front Sight training in lieu of my Para. The Para is going to take a back seat for a couple of months. I still like it, but I have to get it and me working together better. If the grip is better on the Compact XD then on the G-29, I might reconsider. I don't trade or sell, I keep so I have to start getting more careful. I have for instance a .38 derringer I do not care for or a 629 I really don't need, but I'm keeping them. Oh well that's life! Thanks for the recommendation, it sits a little taller in the saddle when it comes from a owner.

I can dress around the Witness in the cooler months but when it gets really hot and it's short sleeves and shorts I carry a Kahr CW45 on person, and a beater G22 .40 in a gym bag in the vehicle. The weight of that Witness stoked with 15ct 1600 FPS 135 grain Noslers is a real comfort, the weight is no problem for me

Well the round count on the Black Ops Recon is near 700 or a little more over 900 attempts to fire to get up to 700, over 200 fail to fire, primarily fail to Feed. I called Para and UPS should pick it up come Monday and I was surprised to see it will go to Sports World in Tulsa for repairs.

Well the round count on the Black Ops Recon is near 700 or a little more over 900 attempts to fire to get up to 700, over 200 fail to fire, primarily fail to Feed. I called Para and UPS should pick it up come Monday and I was surprised to see it will go to Sports World in Tulsa for repairs.

Dang dude, at this point they should be sending you a new, different gun. 20+% failure rate is abysmal and someone at Para really needs to get off their duff and get you a new, working gun. Or a refund. Or both.

I guess they called it a Warthog for that reason, and others have liked it too.

The outfit in Tulsa said they would get my gun sorted, that made me feel better

i never liked the look of the para warthog, but when I shot one, I was very impressed.
I never liked the look of a bobbed 1911 until I shot one, either. Now I won't part with mine.

Bummer that this Para has been such a pain. I loved the P12 I had years ago and it worked very well for me. Was hoping that Pandaz issues would have long since been handled...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top