Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Concealed Carry club @ PCC

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by bingeebob, Oct 15, 2010.

1. bingeebob

bingeebob Portland, Oregon Member

I am the campus leader for the PCC chapter of Students For Concealed Carry on Campus.

I just started this club and am trying to find some members, if anyone is a student at PCC and would like to join, please email me @ bertjepson@gmail.com

even if you are not a student, but want to help us out, shoot me an email and I will put you on a mailing list.

As Oregon does allow the concealed carry of firearms on school property (provided you have a CHL), but most cops and school administrators have a giant problem with anything to do with guns, I anticipate that the club will encounter some flak over this issue. We could use some support.

2. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Good for you for taking this on. I hope you've got the time and resources to fend off the inevitable 'flak,' aka harassment.

3. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

That's a great idea- PCC needs some enlightenment...a perspective that varies from the anti's viewpoint will definitely cause some ripples there but it is exactly what the place needs. You certainly have my respect for stepping up to engage that problem.:thumbup:

4. riverrat373

riverrat373 Washington State Member

Good luck!:thumbup:

5. Mac_Fan

Mac_Fan Beaverton Active Member

Good for you in taking this on. In what ways do you think us non-students can help you out?

6. CharlesAFerg

CharlesAFerg Beaverton Active Member

I could see the only important event that the school would even remotely acknowledge would be an empty holster protest.
    My first thought here is how you are even going to start this club? I doubt you have "approval" from the puppet masters over there.

7. KomradRazvan

KomradRazvan Portland and Salem Oregon New Member

So for those of you who are chiming in on this, you should be aware that PCC already allows concealed carry, and there is nothing in their rules that say otherwise. Furthermore, there is a clause in there that basically states they allow it as long as it is in compliance with state law. Its not word for word, but if u search this section of the forums, u can see there is a thread dedicated to this, and inside u will find a paper i wrote on the subject. Now, if u want to enlighten a school, try PSU. PCC's security know i conceal carry, and they said its cool as long as i have my CHL with me.

8. CharlesAFerg

:thumbup: I know that there is a pretty cool Russian guy who runs security at one of the campuses.

As much as I would like to believe it, could we see some sources for this? I never received a straight answer from them or a brief search.
    All I have found is a comment which I assume is you? Describing a word-of-mouth confirmation.

Of course, you may have record of this confirmation, I don't know.

9. KomradRazvan

Wow. actually no, that is not me... that is someone called "Red Star" apparently... lol. cool. but yeah, i will get u the link and their rule book.

Here is the link to the PDF on the PCC site. Student Rights and Responisibilities

Here is also the link to the thread where i posted an entire paper for class that i wrote on the subject of CC at colleges, and it covers alot, including PCC as an example.
    Essay Thread

10. CharlesAFerg

Yeah, figured that was you because of the name.

Спасибо за URL

11. KomradRazvan

Nope. Not me. Only reason I have KomradRazvan is because that is what my nick name was, and i also used it as my in-game handle during the time when i signed up for the forum. Now it's usually Bazooka Raz. But it won't let me change it, and i dont want to start a new account.

Не за что, Tоварищ.

12. ApronAmy

ApronAmy Beaverton, OR Member

So now I'm confused :confused: Isn't concealed carry with a CHL legal at PSU? I'm thinking of taking classes there and with my schedule I'm almost guaranteed to be out alone late at night. The PSU Administrative Rules say that possessing a weapon in accordance with the law is not a violation so why would campus security have anything to say about it?

Are they just ignorant of state law and liable to give someone a hard time with no legal basis if they find out they are carrying?

Thanks,

Amy

13. KomradRazvan

So is it legal in the sense of Oregon Law? Yes. At PSU it is legal. Does the school have rules against it? Yes... and no. PSU's student conduct can be found here and if you scroll down, you will see it states

According to that, one would be ok with concealed carry on campus. But then, Michael Soto - Director of Public Safety put out a message earlier this year. It can be found here, and it says

Therefore, I have taken it into my own hands to address this issue with Mr. Soto, and I have prepared and sent an email to him. I went ahead and posted it as a new thread, since it does not concern the Concealed Carry Club at PCC.

OH WOW. That's awesome! I just noticed that the Acronym for that would be CCCP (Concealed Carry Club at Pcc) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FREAKIN COOL!!!

Hammer_and_Sickle.gif KOMRAD RAZVAN Hammer_and_Sickle.gif

14. ApronAmy

ApronAmy Beaverton, OR Member

Thanks for the information, I will check out the other thread.

15. bingeebob

All I am doing is starting a PCC chapter of the club, SCCC is a national organization and has clubs all over the country. PCC says they won't discriminate against clubs and all I need to do is find 7 other students to sign up so I can get the club officially recognized by the school and also get some funding...

Eventually, we may be doing fundraising to pay for a firearms instructor to come in and give a CHL class, maybe a trip to a range, and generally just share our experiences as CHL holders.

16. KomradRazvan

I'll sign up. I'm only part time there, and the rest at PSU, and i will only be at pcc for the remainder of this school year, but i'll still sign up.

17. bingeebob

cool, are you taking at least 6 hours at PCC?

18. KomradRazvan

nope. 5. I am dual enrolled because i want to continue with my second yr russian @ pcc, not psu. I already have 2 Associate degrees from PCC, and if i pay the 50, they will issue me a third, which is a transfer degree.