JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am the campus leader for the PCC chapter of Students For Concealed Carry on Campus.

I just started this club and am trying to find some members, if anyone is a student at PCC and would like to join, please email me @ [email protected]

even if you are not a student, but want to help us out, shoot me an email and I will put you on a mailing list.

As Oregon does allow the concealed carry of firearms on school property (provided you have a CHL), but most cops and school administrators have a giant problem with anything to do with guns, I anticipate that the club will encounter some flak over this issue. We could use some support.

I could see the only important event that the school would even remotely acknowledge would be an empty holster protest.
My first thought here is how you are even going to start this club? I doubt you have "approval" from the puppet masters over there.

So for those of you who are chiming in on this, you should be aware that PCC already allows concealed carry, and there is nothing in their rules that say otherwise. Furthermore, there is a clause in there that basically states they allow it as long as it is in compliance with state law. Its not word for word, but if u search this section of the forums, u can see there is a thread dedicated to this, and inside u will find a paper i wrote on the subject. Now, if u want to enlighten a school, try PSU. PCC's security know i conceal carry, and they said its cool as long as i have my CHL with me.

So for those of you who are chiming in on this, you should be aware that PCC already allows concealed carry, and there is nothing in their rules that say otherwise. Furthermore, there is a clause in there that basically states they allow it as long as it is in compliance with state law. Its not word for word, but if u search this section of the forums, u can see there is a thread dedicated to this, and inside u will find a paper i wrote on the subject. Now, if u want to enlighten a school, try PSU. PCC's security know i conceal carry, and they said its cool as long as i have my CHL with me.

:s0155: I know that there is a pretty cool Russian guy who runs security at one of the campuses.

As much as I would like to believe it, could we see some sources for this? I never received a straight answer from them or a brief search.
All I have found is a comment which I assume is you? Describing a word-of-mouth confirmation.

Krasnaya Zvezda Says:
May 12th, 2010 at 1:54 pm
Add Portland Community College in Portland, OR. I don't know if they have made this explicit anywhere, but a management official confirmed that students and employees (including faculty) with carry permits are allowed to carry their weapons on campus. The official emphasized that they want those weapons to be concealed.

Amazing in this quite liberal town, but true nonetheless.

Of course, you may have record of this confirmation, I don't know.

Wow. actually no, that is not me... that is someone called "Red Star" apparently... lol. cool. but yeah, i will get u the link and their rule book.

PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities - Code of Conduct - Violations - Page 6 said:
17. Failure to comply with the following rules regarding firearms and weapons:

a. The use, carrying, exhibiting, or displaying of any weapon (as defined by Oregon Revised Statute 161.015), or facsimiles thereof, is prohibited on or in College facilities, except as provided by Oregon law or when approved by College administration for official College activities.

Here is the link to the PDF on the PCC site. Student Rights and Responisibilities

Here is also the link to the thread where i posted an entire paper for class that i wrote on the subject of CC at colleges, and it covers alot, including PCC as an example.
<broken link removed>

Wow. actually no, that is not me... that is someone called "Red Star" apparently... lol. cool. but yeah, i will get u the link and their rule book.

Here is the link to the PDF on the PCC site. Student Rights and Responisibilities

Here is also the link to the thread where i posted an entire paper for class that i wrote on the subject of CC at colleges, and it covers alot, including PCC as an example.
<broken link removed>

Yeah, figured that was you because of the name.

&#1057;&#1087;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1073;&#1086; &#1079;&#1072; URL

Yeah, figured that was you because of the name.

&#1057;&#1087;&#1072;&#1089;&#1080;&#1073;&#1086; &#1079;&#1072; URL

Nope. Not me. Only reason I have KomradRazvan is because that is what my nick name was, and i also used it as my in-game handle during the time when i signed up for the forum. Now it's usually Bazooka Raz. But it won't let me change it, and i dont want to start a new account.

&#1053;&#1077; &#1079;&#1072; &#1095;&#1090;&#1086;, T&#1086;&#1074;&#1072;&#1088;&#1080;&#1097;.

So for those of you who are chiming in on this, you should be aware that PCC already allows concealed carry, and there is nothing in their rules that say otherwise. Furthermore, there is a clause in there that basically states they allow it as long as it is in compliance with state law. Its not word for word, but if u search this section of the forums, u can see there is a thread dedicated to this, and inside u will find a paper i wrote on the subject. Now, if u want to enlighten a school, try PSU...

So now I'm confused :confused: Isn't concealed carry with a CHL legal at PSU? I'm thinking of taking classes there and with my schedule I'm almost guaranteed to be out alone late at night. The PSU Administrative Rules say that possessing a weapon in accordance with the law is not a violation so why would campus security have anything to say about it?

Are they just ignorant of state law and liable to give someone a hard time with no legal basis if they find out they are carrying?

Thanks,

Amy

So now I'm confused :confused: Isn't concealed carry with a CHL legal at PSU? I'm thinking of taking classes there and with my schedule I'm almost guaranteed to be out alone late at night. The PSU Administrative Rules say that possessing a weapon in accordance with the law is not a violation so why would campus security have anything to say about it?

Are they just ignorant of state law and liable to give someone a hard time with no legal basis if they find out they are carrying?

Thanks,

Amy

So is it legal in the sense of Oregon Law? Yes. At PSU it is legal. Does the school have rules against it? Yes... and no. PSU's student conduct can be found here and if you scroll down, you will see it states

PSU Student Code of Conduct said:
577-031-0135
Conduct Proscribed by the State Board of Higher Education

The following constitutes conduct as proscribed by the State Board of Higher Education for which a student or Recognized Student Organization or group is subject to disciplinary action:

(3) Possession or use of firearms, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or other dangerous weapons or instrumentalities on University-owned or -controlled property, unless expressly authorized by law, Board or PSU rules (for purposes of this section, absence of criminal penalties shall not be considered express authorization).

According to that, one would be ok with concealed carry on campus. But then, Michael Soto - Director of Public Safety put out a message earlier this year. It can be found <broken link removed> , and it says

Michael Soto - PSU Director of Public Safety said:
...... It has been the longstanding policy of the Oregon University System that the possession of weapons, including firearms, is prohibited on all property owned or controlled by the Oregon University System.
State law provides the system with the authority to exercise control over its property, which includes the ability to prohibit weapons from campus. That policy is reflected in the administrative rules of the system and of Portland State. The prohibition on firearms applies to everybody, other than appropriate law enforcement officials, and does indeed apply to individuals who have a concealed weapon permit.

Students, faculty, staff and guests of Portland State may not bring weapons, including firearms, onto University-owned or -controlled property. Students who violate this prohibition will be subject to appropriate discipline through the Student Conduct Code process. ......

Therefore, I have taken it into my own hands to address this issue with Mr. Soto, and I have prepared and sent an email to him. I went ahead and posted it as a new thread, since it does not concern the Concealed Carry Club at PCC.

OH WOW. That's awesome! I just noticed that the Acronym for that would be CCCP (Concealed Carry Club at Pcc) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA SO FREAKIN COOL!!!

KOMRAD RAZVAN Hammer_and_Sickle.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
All I am doing is starting a PCC chapter of the club, SCCC is a national organization and has clubs all over the country. PCC says they won't discriminate against clubs and all I need to do is find 7 other students to sign up so I can get the club officially recognized by the school and also get some funding...

Eventually, we may be doing fundraising to pay for a firearms instructor to come in and give a CHL class, maybe a trip to a range, and generally just share our experiences as CHL holders.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top