JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
From what I understand, the have metal detecors that they move around to diffferent entrances, but this was a while back. They may have them at all entrances there now. This is why I will not go to any events there. I haven't been to an event there for MANY years.

Nba has a new rule for random metal detectors at random games throughout the season. I went to three games about 2 days apart, first game with golden state no detectors, 2nd game with the bucks, detectors present, 3rd game with the magics, detectors present at every entrance, even club level. I'd leave it at home if I were you.

if everyone stood solid and didn't attend events, or shop at places that banned guns, we would easily be heading in the right direction. i do not have any desire to go to places with no gun policies... unless its state / fed building

Well I guess that's good to know. Because there is no way that I would ever go into that part of town, at night, on foot, without some effective means of defense.

So it there anything the RQ can offer me that I would want badly enough to compromise my safety for? Probably not.

if everyone stood solid and didn't attend events, or shop at places that banned guns, we would easily be heading in the right direction. i do not have any desire to go to places with no gun policies... unless its state / fed building

Bingo. That is the answer.
We want to sit behind are computers and complain about things but do we ever make a stand?
One person will not make a diffrence but many will hurt there pocket book and that is what will be noticed.

I always carry (except at work).
My wife's company has a suite at the Rose Garden and we attend A LOT of events. I always carry and never noticed a sign saying "No Firearms" - but I must admit I never LOOK for a sign everywhere I go ... I keep it concealed and I've never been checked. Often times my wife will be checked - they will go through her purse or hand bag, but I walk right on through.

I've been to several Blazer games - court side... and haven't been checked. If that ever happens, I'll simply walk out. Until then, I just keep doing what I'm doing. Don't ask, don't tell. :cool:

Of course I'd never carry in a Fed building, courthouse, post office etc.

(I don't carry at work because I work in a secure part of the building (complete with locked security coded doors), and it's only 1 mile from my house to work.)

The tickets were bought for me, so I was just curious. I'll have to bring my own vehicle. If they kick me out, I can lock it in there. That annoys me so much.

Also, I just found this thread here,
http://www.northwestfirearms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19276&highlight=rose+garden&page=3
..perhaps it would be right to merge them?

Dont lock it in your car. When I take your car prowl report I dont want to have to deal a stolen firearm too :s0155: believe me when I say cars get broken into all the time at events around there.

Bingo. That is the answer.
We want to sit behind are computers and complain about things but do we ever make a stand?
One person will not make a diffrence but many will hurt there pocket book and that is what will be noticed.

I stopped patronizing anything inside Portland because of all their Muscovite policies. Too many good places to spend our money than by supporting those that won't fight their own city policies. Besides the parking there is also horrific.
If it is not in the middle of I-5 or I-205 :) I just decided long ago to not go there.

Only events i have been to are the annual Monster truck show, walking with dinos and recently WWE, I had always carried in there and never noticed signs saying not too... I did see they were using metal detectors on the news, but that was just for the NBA games.

The only reason they are looking in purses or bags are so people dont bring in there own food or drinks... they are more worried about you spending $5 on drinks and $5 hot dogs than anything else.

I could imagine what they might do at the gate if they knew someone had a gun, all them with walkie talkies, start blabing about a gun, next thing you know the cops would be swarming in thinking theres a mad man waving a gun

I don't know if it's just me but since I started CCW ten years ago I have become less tolerent of large public gatherings. I get an uneasy feeling around hoards of people. As such my lifestyle has reflected that opinion. I live in a very small town and usually only go to the city once every few months and generally just for business.

I don't know if it's just me but since I started CCW ten years ago I have become less tolerent of large public gatherings. I get an uneasy feeling around hoards of people. As such my lifestyle has reflected that opinion. I live in a very small town and usually only go to the city once every few months and generally just for business.

+1 on that, I avoid places like Portland as much as possible.

There are just a lot of crazy people running around out there, more and more all the time.

I have gone to a few TrailBlazer games in the past, especially once they got rid of the thugs and lowlifes that used to play for them. I have always carried concealed in the Rose Garden, but if they are going to start running metal detectors then it looks like I will be watching on TV from now on.

I've carried concealed at the RQ many times, to Blazer games and other events. I've never seen a metal detector there.

I have carried to the Rose Garden. Post 9/11 even. To a Blazer game. My experience has been that they have 'wands' at random entrances. I was carrying a Keltec P32 in my back pocket. I was with my buddy, so I said excuse me and went into the restroom of the restrurant that is near the entrances, went into the bathroom and removed the firearm from my back pocket and put it in the inside pocket of my leather jacket. I got back in line with the jacket off and over my arm. When I got up to be 'wanded' by the 'security', I simply held the jacket and my arms up over my head and let him 'wand' me. After I got into the RG I went into the nearest men's room and put the Keltec back into my back pocket.

Similarly, at Seahawk games, I do something similar.

As there are no 'laws' that I am violating, just 'rules' then the worst that can happen is that I am asked to leave. In some 10 plus years that has never happened.

However, I continually ask why we pay for 'security' at these events.

I know this is a really old thread, but what have people experienced lately about carrying at the rose gardens? I was thinking to go to one of the winterhawks games since they are in the playoffs now, but would like to know if I can carry.

TIA

I went to a Winterhawks game about a year ago, they had a sign, but no metal detectors. I don't go to Winterhawk games anymore. If you check their website, they also bar police from concealed carry if they are off duty.

Because it is private property, the property owner can charge you with trespassing with a weapon, if you refuse to leave. If you get charged, it holds enough weight to revoke your carry permit.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top