JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I am currently waiting on my chl in the mail they said it would take about 5 weeks... so I decided to take this time to get what I need to be able to carry. I already bought a holster now I just need a belt. What brands do you guys recommend? I'm planning on carrying my hk vp9 with my iwb holster.

How long does the leather last before it starts to crack? I've looked at some of the nylon ones but I didn't know if they would be as stiff as the leather.

The 5.11 double sided nylon belts are really stiff. Once you put tension on them they aren't moving anywhere. I carry a Glock 17 with a streamlight TLR 1 HD in a raven concealment holster. The belt is solid. I also prefer them over leather belts because belt loops are specific increments of adjustment while a nylon belt is infinitely adjustable, no loops.

BladeTech's "Ultimate Carry Belt" (Local in Spanaway, WA) is a collaboration they did with NexBelt. They are working on a completely new website so it's not on there at all but if you like the idea of a ratcheting belt, you should definitely look into it. I like a pretty ridged belt and love how adjustable and secure these are.

Nylon: Amazon.com : Blade Tech Industries UCB Titan Ratchet, Belt Holster, Universal up to 48", Nylon, Black UCB-1-1-1 : Sports & Outdoors

Leather: Amazon.com : Blade-Tech Ultimate Carry Belt UCB Black Leather - 1.5" : Sports & Outdoors

The 5.11 double sided nylon belts are really stiff. Once you put tension on them they aren't moving anywhere. I carry a Glock 17 with a streamlight TLR 1 HD in a raven concealment holster. The belt is solid. I also prefer them over leather belts because belt loops are specific increments of adjustment while a nylon belt is infinitely adjustable, no loops.
Yeah I like the idea of endless adjustment I think I'll go with a nylon belt.

BladeTech's "Ultimate Carry Belt" (Local in Spanaway, WA) is a collaboration they did with NexBelt. They are working on a completely new website so it's not on there at all but if you like the idea of a ratcheting belt, you should definitely look into it. I like a pretty ridged belt and love how adjustable and secure these are.

Nylon: Amazon.com : Blade Tech Industries UCB Titan Ratchet, Belt Holster, Universal up to 48", Nylon, Black UCB-1-1-1 : Sports & Outdoors

Leather: Amazon.com : Blade-Tech Ultimate Carry Belt UCB Black Leather - 1.5" : Sports & Outdoors
I really like the ratchet idea! I think I'll go with that one it will be nice to make quick adjustments if I need to. Thanks for the link!

Also consider breaking out the needle and right thread and fabbing some extra belt loops where they are needed. Also consider removing some OEM belt loops if they interfere with your carry position. Easy.

This started with us when I had to tighten the fly/waist button holes on my various daily use Levi 501 pants. We had some Levi cut off material making Levis into shorts. That material was fabbed into extra loops. Fun.

------------------------------------

Also consider the Zombie load out. This would include multiple magazine holsters. As many as the belt will physically hold. Consider suspenders to support all the necessary load our weight. Wide suspenders work.

Not meant to be serious about the Zombies.

Last Edited:
Great thread, also waiting for my CHL here and interested in belt recommendations.

Do you guys think the belt is just as important for IWB as it is for OWB?

I do. IWB is all about concealment, and a good belt will securely "pull" the holster in to your body, minimizing printing.
Also helps insure that when you draw the weapon, the holster doesn't come out too.

As for brands, I'm partial to leather. Ted Blocker, made locally in Tigard, has a fantastic gun belt. Mine shows no signs of aging after 4 years of almost daily wear.

For me yes. As @Meridian7750 said, the belt pulls your gear into you. I now wear reinforced "gun" belts all the time even if I'm not carrying. I like a ridged belt and find them very comfortable.

I also really like the semi ridged velcro underbelt for my HTC Low Profile System because I really don't like belt buckles. It works great when I'm flying or working in my warehouse/doing other physical activities where I'm not belt carrying a firearm. I have carried IWB with it but the velcro will slowly loosen up and it's not very secure.
http://highthreatconcealment.com/underbelt.html

While I'm on the subject, the HTC Everyday Low Profile Belt is a piece of junk because the stitching between the leather and nylon portions is terrible and not substantial at all. I really liked the concept but I ruined mine pretty quickly and haven't bothered getting them to replace it because the design isn't sturdy enough to keep the two sections of different material together.
http://highthreatconcealment.com/products/belts/lpb.html

Great thread, also waiting for my CHL here and interested in belt recommendations.

I use a Versacarry for my compact and large frame 45's. The Versacarry is IWB. I found that it works best with a Web stretch belt (UnderArmour golf belt is a good one) or a duty belt liner. Both belts are infinitely adjustable and keep the gun snug. I've never had any problems. since I started using Versacarry I finally stopped adding to my graveyard drawer of many holsters.
Your mileage may vary.

Belt quality really does help with anything attached to your belt.

As already mentioned, a proper belt can really help minimise printing, whilst i was 'fine' with my regular belt to begin with, it was a case of, never using a normal belt again if i have the choice.

Anyway, i got a Bullhide belt from thebeltman.net

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads