JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt. It is not cheap. It is fantastic...and...
  • Incredibly rigid (at least as rigid as any high quality leather belt). Note, some people don't like super rigid belts because they find them uncomfortable. I've never had this problem and love a rigid belt. YMMV.
  • Will support any EDC load you can throw at it as well as a full range load out of multiple pistol mags, multiple rifle mags, gun/holster, knife, first aid, and/or whatever else you can fit on it.
  • Won't stretch like leather can
  • It is infinitely adjustable so you can get the exact fit you need and/or adjust it throughout the day as needed...unlike leather belts where the holes never seem to be in exactly the right spot
  • It threads through belt loops easily unlike some cobra buckles...and don't get me wrong, I do love me a good cobra buckle but not usually for an EDC role
  • It's low key and doesn't scream, "shoot me first," like a cobra buckle and/or some tactical belts can
  • Will easily last you five years so consider that when you look at the price
  • Materials hold up well in all conditions...scuba webbing and a stainless steel buckle. Leather is not usually my first choice for wet conditions
  • Looks good for all casual requirements
Custom (3 Week MAX Leadtime) : Ares Gear

I have the gunner stitched belt and also have a couple of the original Amish gun belts. My oldest Amish belt I use when I am doing yard work. The only issue is with the stitched gun belt is that I wear a cell phone clip to carry my cell phone sometimes so I have to revert back to the Amish gun belt which is bit thinner.

Gunner Stitched - Leather Gun Belt - 14 oz. - 1.5"

Last Edited:
Since the end of winter, I switched over to Slidebelts Survival Belt Survival Belt. I really like how it holds everything tight and doesn't shift. My rotation includes Glock 19, Beretta 92FS, Sig P238 and occasionally my ATI FX45 1911.

All of it fits well and no issues with my Aliengear IWB.

Father's day they had a sale, and I purchased some of the regular belts to see if they would hold up. I now have the full grain leather and faux leather belts which are not as wide as the Survival belt, but work just as well.

After going through a number of leather belts, I'm leaning more towards these. We'll see this time next year, which is usually how long a period that I put up with regular leather belts.

Great thread, also waiting for my CHL here and interested in belt recommendations.

Do you guys think the belt is just as important for IWB as it is for OWB?

If thinking going for nylon, Marion County local for sale/trade:

WTS/WTT OR - Misc Items

I run similar to that, but with a metal buckle. His is priced very well though & worth a try if your convenient to each other.

I got an Amish made thick leather belt. It doesn't give with a full size 1911 in it. Also, took a fall in the snow last year and hit a rock with my back. It pretty much saved my back. Technically, I got it as a gunbelt but there is nothing other than the fact that it is one thick piece of hide. It is black and has no reinforcements but it is by far my favorite I tried.

For leather I like Ted Blocker belts. They work well and you can go to their showroom in Tigard and try them out. I find myself using a Wilderness belt more often due to being able to adjust it to exactly where you want it. It seems that with leather belts, I am always half way between one hole and the next.

I have a Hanks leather belt. I've had it for a few months now and it's been great for me! The belt buckle may be a little bulky? Doesn't bother me but might bother some. You could always get a different buckle if you really wanted I suppose. From what I've read, Hanks has a great warranty which is nice as well.

Yeah I like the idea of endless adjustment I think I'll go with a nylon belt.
For a good nylon belt I can recommend the Galco 1.5" non-reinforced Instructor's Belt
Galco Nylon Instructors Belt 1.5" (Non-Reinforced)

IYDK, non-reinforced means no internal stainless or composite stiffener band.
This belt has two layers of thick nylon webbing and has good stiffness as is.
Quality hardware as well.

For a lower cost, but still very good belt, the Propper 360 is good.
It is not a true 360 so get the outside color that you prefer most.
Two layers and good stiffness.

I purchased my gunbelt from www.thebeltman.com 3 years ago. I agree with earlier comments to buy a quality one. A good belt, double layer with a stiffener inside, can set you back $125-200 but will last for years. Mine is elephant. I found that elephant does not scratch or show any wear. Sliding on OWB holsters or the strong metal clips of IWB holsters do not mar the skin at all. Leather is great buy shows scratches/wear.

IMG_1022.JPG
So I am currently waiting on my chl in the mail they said it would take about 5 weeks... so I decided to take this time to get what I need to be able to carry. I already bought a holster now I just need a belt. What brands do you guys recommend? I'm planning on carrying my hk vp9 with my iwb holster.
Check out zachsgunbelts.com . He is in Athens Ga. and makes them in a shop at his house. Well crafted and sturdy. I went from carrying a sub compact to a full size glock and I love it.

So I am currently waiting on my chl in the mail they said it would take about 5 weeks... so I decided to take this time to get what I need to be able to carry. I already bought a holster now I just need a belt. What brands do you guys recommend? I'm planning on carrying my hk vp9 with my iwb holster.

i highly recommend the blade tech looper reinforced leather belt its 1.75 inch with double stitched leather with some sort of plastic sandwiched in between it to stiffen it up, i'm now on my second belt in 6 years. the last time i bought one i found it on amazon i just checked they are there $44.99 the sizing can be hard to figure sometimes. remember you might need a longer belt with IWB holster.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top