JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh and sorry this isn't really related but the guy who stopped the Clackamas shooting didn't have to fire a shot (for those that don't know the story). He pulled his gun, aimed it at the shooter, and the coward ran and shot himself. Concealed carry is particularly effective for mass shootings where the perpetrators expect to be the only one with the power to kill, just sayin'

We need to make sure this important part of that horrific event isn't forgotten - it's already been omitted from the "official" version of the story as it doesn't support the gun control agenda.

Ya seriously. they kind of buried the story which is a shame. It makes me proud that a member of our community had the courage to act, never ended up having to actually kill someone, but saved countless lives because of it

Code of Conduct
"No firearms or illegal weapons."

Code of Conduct said:
The mall is a privately owned property. Guests who do not act responsibly may be asked to leave. If they refuse to leave the property, they may be arrested and prosecuted for criminal trespass.

Concealed means .......... ah, you know the saying. Don't draw attention to yourself and you won't be asked to leave. If you are "asked to leave", leave. No problem.

Ray

Maybe this has been mentioned before, but I just noticed that there are no longer "no guns" signs on the doors of the Clackamas Mall (the movie theater side). I don't go there often, is this a recent thing?

I'm pretty sure that the movie theater changed ownership after the shooting. Previously it had been a part of the Regal theater chain. Now it is a Cinemark Century theater.

The new theater management probably took down those signs that you used to see.

Maybe it was a liability thing? I would certainly sue them if a family member were killed in a mall and it had "no guns" signs. How are we supposed to protect ourselves? The 2A is a part of the constitution after all.

Those who would strip us of our ability to protect ourselves should be held liable. In court, I could easily make a case that if it where not for that sign, there would have no doubt been some one there who could have stopped the shooter, as has already been done on one occasion.

I was at Town Center the first day after it reopened from the shooting a few years back and there were no signs. I specifically looked for them. I don't go there often, and haven't gone to a movie there for over 20 years, but I don't ever remember seeing a "no guns" sign on any door going into the mall.
Not that signs like that mean too much...

Oh ok, you're probably right. I still wouldn't be surprised if it had something to do with the shooting though. It was funny that right after it happened and they reopened, they had plenty of security but absolutely none of them were armed, but they were supposed to keep us all at ease?
v1.aDs2NDAzO2o7MTcxNDU7MTIwMDs2NTI7NTE2.jpg

The manager of Town Center is in our Life Group. Let's just say he appears to be a thoughtful and reasonable individual.

I never go to malls. A "crazed gunman" may steal your life, but a mall will steal your soul. Small local shops keep my targets at shorter range.

I also never go to Mall's. Oddly though Women flock in masses looking for that box of happiness...sadly it's an allusive thing because they always return.

Oh and sorry this isn't really related but the guy who stopped the Clackamas shooting didn't have to fire a shot (for those that don't know the story). He pulled his gun, aimed it at the shooter, and the coward ran and shot himself. Concealed carry is particularly effective for mass shootings where the perpetrators expect to be the only one with the power to kill, just sayin'

Actually, as I heard it, that isn't the full story. Actually, as I understand it the CC civilian drew and pointed it at the suspect. But reportedly noticed movement behind is target and chose to wait for a clear shot. The gunman looking around saw someone pointing a gun. That is when he moved and took his own life. Thereby, ending the threat without a discharge.

Actually, as I heard it, that isn't the full story. Actually, as I understand it the CC civilian drew and pointed it at the suspect. But reportedly noticed movement behind is target and chose to wait for a clear shot. The gunman looking around saw someone pointing a gun. That is when he moved and took his own life. Thereby, ending the threat without a discharge.

I believe that's what the gentleman said when he was interviewed. Wonder if those interviews are still available or if they have visited the "doesn't fit the agenda" shredder?

Ya, its still available on youtube if you can find it.

And ya, the idea was that he presented his gun with the intention to shoot but didn't have a clear backstop, as he says in the interview. The point I was making though is that sometimes you don't even have to shoot to stop a threat

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top